Search results

1. S

Warranty Problems

I managed to attach a 2 year Hondacare warranty to my 'delivery milage' car. Only after extensive inspection and road test (although I think the mechanic just wanted to see what it was like!). I used Holden Honda in Norwich (contact Shaun on 01603 219660), might be worth a call. Cost...
  2. S

induction

wandering around the pits at Snetterton yesterday (Willhire 5 hour) seems most of the race boys (DC5 & Civics) run the standard box - even in one case attached to a £8K Mugen engine. They are not restricted by regs either so they're making a free choice. Steve
  3. S

B & M Quick Shifter fitted

I suppose you could be right, they might be taking it steady and the fact that I've actually raced at Brands and don't mind the rain ment I had an advantage as a driver but I was still surprised at the ability of the Teg 'straight out of the box', against even 4WD machinery. The traction out of...
  4. S

B & M Quick Shifter fitted

Having tried Jon's much improved shift in the paddock at Brands yesterday, I have spoken to Tom and ordered one. Conveniently he is hoping to fit it at Snetterton this Saturday inbetween racing his DC5 (no pressure then!). Incidentally, ain't these Teggies great on track, booked to go in the...
  5. S

DC5 Floor mats!!

The company has been very good and admitted the mats sent are for a Civic (as it was the closest they had on file). They've said I can keep these ones FOC and if I supply an outline they'll add it to their database and supply me with a correct set. As I said the quality is pretty good, easily...
  6. S

Octane booster & Hondata reflash questions

cheers Mike, I'll look into. Turns out STP octane booster is safe to cats. Realised that when I finally broke the habit of a lifetime and read the label! Incidentally, I am meeting up with Jonster tomorrow at Brands for the Evo track day, no doubt I'll be quizzing him senseless over Hondata...
  7. S

thanks Mike... Interestingly I did raise the issue over the 'tickle' through the throttle pedal on a another thread and quite a few people do notice it, most said it didn't bother them or weren't aware of it all. Unfortunately I must be hyper sensitive to these things (and I wear thin soled...
  8. S

sorry guys, but I'm new to the DC5 (10 days) and I need some clarification on a couple of issues which I know are covered elsewhere but I urgently need some straight answers: 1) will simply putting octane booster (STP brand) in a tank of Optimax kill my cat? 2) ...and if not, will adding it...
  9. S

DC5 Floor mats!!

got my mats from carmats4u... ...surprise, surprise they don't fit, they are probably for a DC2 (although I stated 2004 model) ..look OK though, rears as well which I didn't expect. Civic ones fit better. I'll send them back. Steve
  10. S

DC5 Floor mats!!

I've ordered a set specific to the DC5 from a company with the dreadful name "carmats-4u.com". Grey material edged with red. No logos. Only 40 quid. I'll let you know if they're any good when they arrive. Incidentally, Civic Type R ones nearly fit. Steve
  11. S

a little help and advice please...

thanks for your comments... The vibration doesn't matter when you're spanking it through the gears because you drive straight through the 'zone'. I suppose as I am hovering around the 5K mark more as the engine is brand new and I don't want to abuse it (yet!). I hope I just get used to it...
  12. S

thanks guys..... re: steaming up... thinking about it, my car has been laid up for a while (6 months in Japan plus time in transit etc.,) and it may just be due to condensation in the system. ... looks like I'd better drive in Timberlands to reduce the throttle pedal buzzing!! Seems odd...
  13. S

48 hours into the DC5 ownership experience and I have a couple of observations/questions... Can anybody explain or comment on the 'sizzle' felt through the throttle pedal at around 5K rpm. I drove a 2001 25,000 mile Teg and thought it was probably unique to that particular car but now I find...
  14. S

Track and Road Wheels + Tyres

that's a great help thanks Jon, Rare Rims have some 16" 'Subzeros' arriving shortly and Julian (it is Julian isn't it?) @ RR has said they'll fit the DC5 no problem due to the spoke design. I presume I should expect the centres to come with them? Incidentally, where's the cheapest place to...
  15. S

Track and Road Wheels + Tyres

at last some info on 16" rims, please can you tell me the exact spec (off set etc.,) to order from Rare Rims. thanks, Steve
  16. S

hewoooooooo

Ideally I want to go smaller (for track-day slippy-slidey action), but if a set of standard alloys came along to which I could apply some rubbish narrower shagged out tyres, I'd go down that route. Incidentally, I will be the proud owner of Japanese Performance Cars "lowest milage in the...
  17. S

hewoooooooo

hi, are you planning to sell the original 17"s? Steve
  18. S

Snetterton/Evo/Type R day 20th July

anybody going? I'll be going along just to have a look and possibly grab a ride, but unfortuanately no Teg to drive as it doesn't arrive in the country until Thursday (then SVA etc.,). Steve
  19. S

DC5 Stereo Installation

thanks for info guys... I'm a bit old fashioned really. Just CD and radio (incidentally, what's happening with digital radio? - worth considering?). With regard to the styling: simple display, no flashing lights just good solid well balance sound to play real music (not drum 'n' bass etc.,)...
  20. S

Ferodo DSC2500

I'm going to order (black) 15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1 wheels, what offset/PCD should I spec? thanks, Steve