Search results

1. T

Torque GT

Firstly thanks for all the comments made by all on this thread but we feel the need to defend ourselves against the comments made by 'Crazylegs' as they're not only unreasonable but inaccurate. Secondly we wish to shed some light into the high level of service we continually strive for here at...
  2. T

Torque GT advise

The converters we use require an additional wire to be run to the ECU to remove the limiter (they don't actually remove it, they fool the ECU into thinking the limit is at 180 mph) As the limiter doesn't kick in until around 120 mph, for most it doesn't present a problem. We are happy to...
  3. T

Reconvertir le compteur en Km/h

Yes, we have the RSX software as well
  4. T

Reconvertir le compteur en Km/h

We can change the odometer value to kms if you wanted. You would need to post us your dash though. £60 + postage
  5. T

Speed converter thingy

Could be either. We switched to fitting them behind the dash in around March 2010.
  6. T

I dont think I can take any more - car jerky, revs dying, hunting etc...

As Stevie says - I've seen dodgy speedo converters do similar - definitely check the wiring if this has been disturbed when changing the box
  7. T

Soon to be a new owner

Glad you're happy. This one was an absolute beauty!
  8. T

Anyone know KB02 YZH

DVLA Cherished transfers are all being done centrally at Swansea now, the last couple we have had done have taken 4 weeks!
  9. T

Model Report needed for IVA/SVA test

Why do you need a model report? IVA is different to ESVA, you will only need a dereg from Japan
  10. T

standerd thatchem devices

Where are you based Ash?
  11. T

some dc5's have rear side quarter pannel glass Window demister

As above - it's an aerial for Nav in Japan
  12. T

Misfiring & EML

You can try the injector, I would think wiring fault though.
  13. T

Misfiring & EML

We had one recently, had a permanent earth on number 4 coil. Replaced ECU - all fine Also had it on an EP3 where the ECU fried the injectors causing a misfire, you replaced the injectors only for the same to happen a short time later. Again, replaced ECU all fine - I know Tom @ TGM has seen...
  14. T

Misfiring & EML

We've seen ECU's with faults, do similar but they normally fry the coilpack as they leave it permanently earthed and get a bit hot! Did you swap the coilpack as well? I would do that first if you haven't already and then if it still says on #1, swap the injector after. After that you'd need to...
  15. T

EU directive Compliance letter

I think the problem with Andy's was that the model numbers were missing from the dereg. When cars are modified sometimes these model numbers are removed from the documentation in Japan and it's these numbers that are used by VOSA to prove part compliance with EU standards. This means that under...
  16. T

EU directive Compliance letter

You won't get a letter from Honda saying that it meets EU standards as they never produced a Certificate of Conformity for the DC5 (was never an EU car) In order to register the car in the UK you will require either the original Japanese deregistation document or a letter from the Irish...
  17. T

What is needed to pass an SVA test

We can help supply the parts you will need and advise on the best route for IVA. Just let us know if we can help
  18. T

Advice on couple of DC5's

Just call/e-mail/pm to lets us know when you want to come down.
  19. T

No problem, just let us know when you are coming. That's why we will issue a certificate to confirm the change. It's an offence to misrepresent the mileage but obviously that isn't what you are doing.
  20. T

Yes, that's correct. We will also issue a certificate to confirm the change.