Search results

1. MilanoChris

Remap with Chris at EFI parts Runcorn review

I've had Type R's for ages now, over 10 years, plus a few Evo's and an S2000. I've been up and down the country trying various 'highly recommended' tuners with mixed results and feelings. One Evo tuner put the car on the dyno for all of 40 minutes and as you'd guess, the map was pretty bad yet...
  2. MilanoChris

First gear full throttle launch limit when accelerating

I've been having an issue with my car recently. It is mapped with KPro, RBC inlet, Mugen intake, DC mani and RM01A exhaust. If I am wanting to pull away quickly then sometimes the car stops accelerating, almost as if it's hitting the KPro launch limiter, the KPro doesn't think the car is moving...
  3. MilanoChris

High pitched noise coming from the intake manifold area

Drove the Teg for the first time in a few weeks yesterday and half way into the drive I heard what sounded like the alternator belt screeching. I *think* it rises and falls with the engine revs, and it definitely sounds like a belt when you turn the engine off as there is what sounds like belt...
  4. MilanoChris

Cheapest way to increase front camber

I'm stuck at 2 degrees max using B16 and the normal camber bolts. I'm still using OEM top mounts and down the line I want to use the castor mounts which will give increased camber and caster. The problem is that it's money I don't really want to be spending now. I was wondering if there's a...
  5. MilanoChris

Suspension options

I currently have Bilstein B16's on and I've been looking at running the Area castor top mounts. Having spoke to Rob at Area he says I need new springs, something to do with the Bilstein spring design not being compatible with something or other required for the top mount. Whatever it is, I'd...
  6. MilanoChris

Spa-Francorchamps 2nd October

Few of us have this booked already, anyone joining? Drive over Sunday 1st, track day 2nd, drive home Tuesday 3rd. Some potentially going to the 'Ring on Tuesday instead. https://circuit-days.co.uk/track-days-schedule-spa-francorchamps
  7. MilanoChris

Primary O2 sensor headaches

I'm hoping someone has had similar and maybe able to offer some advice. Bit of history first. I bought the car back in September and on the way home the EML came on. I read the code and it showed the O2 sensor to be the issue. Fair enough, I know they are common so to be expected. The light...
  8. MilanoChris

Surface rust around strut brace

Not so much of a detailing question, but more about cleaning and car care. I have some surface rust around my Mugen strut brace on the body of the car, near the top mounts. I tried cleaning it off this weekend but only got half a job done. I'd like to know of a decent abrasive cloth/brush and...
  9. MilanoChris

Which wheel nuts?

This may seem a stupid question, but the nuts I have on the car are terrible, the paint started flaking off them and they are rusty underneath. They kept getting locked in the adaptor and took some effort to get out. I'm after some nuts for aftermarket wheels, with a locking nut that are easy to...
  10. MilanoChris

TGM F50 brake kit pad size/model

Does anyone know the size/model of pad that's required for the F50 Brembo calipers? I'm looking at getting some spare RS29's or similar to keep in case I ruin the current pads but TGM don't have stock at the moment so I was looking at options online, but don't really know what to look for. I...
  11. MilanoChris

Replacement key

My car only came with one, and I'd like to replace the missing one. Naturally I emailed my local Honda dealer who were really helpful and told me to find a locksmith. Anyone had a spare key made up? How much did you pay and I assume it needs coding to my ECU?
  12. MilanoChris

Performance Autoworks

I just wanted to give them a proper mention on here as they are in my experience, one of the best places I've used for tuning and servicing. Rich and Simon have looked after many of my Honda's and Evo's over the years and I have had nothing but professional and courteous service with impeccable...
  13. MilanoChris

Wet roof lining

Hi chaps. Just noticed the roof lining in my teg is wet. Is this a common thing?
  14. MilanoChris

Going for a blast - how do you drive your car on the road?

Maybe age is catching up with me, but recently I seem to have little to no interest in driving my car hard on the road. I'll max out the revs now and again and launch it into a roundabout for giggles, but down typical country roads I'm genuinely terrified of a few things: - crashing - being...
  15. MilanoChris

Bit at the bottom of the drivers window

Pictures paint a thousand words. Do I need to paint it or is it easy to replace? Not a biggie but it annoys me.
  16. MilanoChris

GoPro mount for track

Anyone heard of RacerMount? http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/markham-york-region/racermount-in-car-headrest-camera-mount-gopro-racing/1042365650 http://www.racermount.com/media/ It looks as if it will mount via the Recaro holes. I may send them an email to see if they...
  17. MilanoChris

Shift rod replacement

Can the rod be replaced on its own, or am I better off getting an entire kit including the bushes? Basically the one that goes forwards and backwards on mine bent at Donington, this made 2nd, 4th and 6th etc feel like sludge. See my excellent MS Paint edited picture. I've bent it back the...
  18. MilanoChris

Left speaker not working

I have some cheap Pioneer single DIN, it's connected via an ISO adaptor to the standard loom which feeds what I think are OEM replacement speakers. They are connected via a plastic connector, about 50mm wide and 200mm long. The left speaker doesn't work, so I took the door card off and replaced...
  19. MilanoChris

Bog eyed headlights

I drove up to Donington in the dark and I thought my lights looked a bit off. So in the morning with the garage shutter down I compared them to Linus's DC5 and mine are indeed 'a bit off'. There's no structural damage to the front of the car so I can only assume it's a fitment issue of the lamps...
  20. MilanoChris

Steering wheel wobble at 80 ish - wheels have been balanced twice

Picked the car up from TGM and I noticed that the steering wheel was wobbling at around 70 mph. I thought perhaps a weight had fallen off, so I took it to a local tyre place that I've been using for years. They said one wheels was 10 grams out and the other was 30. So they balanced them again...