Search results

1. R

CONFIRMATION - Shell V Power to replace Optimax in the UK

MESSAGE TO ALL SHELL STAFF IN THE UK "See Felipe Massa driving his Ferrari Formula One car outside Shell Centre!" Dear all, Wednesday 23rd August is a very special day for Shell Retail in the UK - as we will formally announce the launch of a new performance fuel into the UK market...
  2. R

Fuel economy how good!?

Just done a run from Aberdeen to Doncaster. Filled up from empty (50 litres) and drove 410 miles before the light came on. Took it easy, not above 80 mph and didnt enter VTEC once... Lets see if the Kpro makes it any more efficient on the way back up after my visit to warrington tomorrow!!
  3. R

5th Gear....Petrol performance test

YUP all petrol comes from the same refinery so you get the same petrol at each filling station. Most of scotland comes from Grangemouth for example. However. Shell Optimax ONLY comes from Stanlow refinery in Cheshire and is different cos the base fuel itself is different from standard 95 RON...
  4. R

Spoon B Pipe / N1 - Good / Bad? (CTR Fit)

Well the KPro is next, so it will make an interesting comparison. However, System R will do the KPro and their dyno will maybe give different results. I will then get it dyno'd again on the dyno i have used for all the other runs to try and obtain a consistent reading.
  5. R

Spoon B Pipe / N1 - Good / Bad? (CTR Fit)

i did and i made 8 bhp and 10 ft/lbs over OE with Spoon 4:2 and 2:1, with gains across the whole rev range. will post the results when i get em scanned. plus, derestricting the exhaust by removing the cat makes it more responsive. even without a cat back system yet, there is a noticeably...
  6. R

Spoon 4-2 into 2-1 Noise??

here's a similar thread i started off. i must admit the noise is a bit of a disappointment, but i'm hoping to drown it out with my Spoon N1 and b-pipe! http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6811
  7. R

Dumb Question : Exhaust heat "retainers"

cheers for that. where do i get it and how much? not only do i want it for heat reduction, but i am hoping that wrapping the manifold in this stuff might go some way to reducing the fast clicking/ticking noise i get since i fitted the Spoon manifolds...
  8. R

Dumb Question : Exhaust heat "retainers"

Guys I done a search for something i saw before... its that stuff you wrap round your manifolds to prevent too much heat bein emitted... Whats the technical term for the stuff and have u had any experience of it? Cheers Rick
  9. R

Fast clicking/ticking noise after fitting Spoon manifolds

Just back from trying to source the noise. The engine doesn't have exhaust gas recirc. :arrow: all the bolts are tight :arrow: no solenoids to make the noise OK, so it appears normal on these manifolds, but the question still remains ... what the hell is that noise??!?!? Booked in next...
  10. R

Not sure mate. Just going by what the guy said. Taking it in at 11 to get looked at. Will let u all know. And its definitely not a rasp. It's embarrassing to boot it cos of the noise it makes. Sounds like something is wrong, but isnt.
  11. R

Re: Fast clicking/ticking noise after fitting Spoon manifold Exactly right mate. And it sounds sh*t. The guy says he can bypass the recirculation valve, but it will affect emissions, i.e. will need to reconnect for the MoT.
  12. R

the guy who fitted it said it could be a solenoid type noise to do with recycling exhaust gases?
  13. R

Had my Spoon 4-2 and 2-1 manifolds fitted yesterday. Feel a bit of a difference but there is an annoying clicking/ticking noise when the car is under load. This noise gets louder with more throttle, but doesnt get any faster in frequency. Did you guys have an issue with this when u fitted ur...
  14. R

Any advice on braceing down a Gruppe M

I had same problem. I braced it using cable ties. The GruppeM comes with some double sided sticky rubber. 1) Remove the carbon fibre chamber 2) place some double sided sticky rubber in 3 places along the strut brace 3) Tie 3 cable ties (but not tighten) round the struct brace at the double...
  15. R

Dyno Charts!!

My DC5 Dyno Charts [/img]
  16. R

Rear Fog-light dash on/off button

is that not the front fog switch turned upside down? if i fitted this, the two wouldnt match properly as the "rear" switch would have the illumination light at the bottom and the front switch would have the illumination at the top... u with me? 8-[
  17. R

cheers bud! sorted! gonna be on the phone now!
  18. R

Folks My DC5 has OE front fogs, but obviously with it being JDM, no rear fogs. The on/off button for the front fogs is to the right of the steering wheel next to where some of you have the engine push start button. The rear fogs were fitted for eSVA, but have a different design of retrofit...
  19. R

Hello from Aberdeen!

:roll: shocking mate! my clio is very distinctive... suppose you got to know wot ur lookin for. i seen a white DC5... that you?
  20. R

Hello from Aberdeen!

Alright guys! Just thought i would shout hello to you lot! Been cruising the site now for a week or so for some background info b4 i buy my DC5. Spied a gorgeous red one i am seriously considering. Ideally looking for blue with black interior... like rocking horse shit tho! Currently...