Search results

1. J

Black DC5 owners.....

How do people really find them to keep clean? I have had 2 black cars since i sold the DC5 as they always look so nice when clean but the amount of dirt etc does start to annoy me. How does the black DC5 look dirty? and how do owners find living with the fact it must get dirty so easily?
  2. J

Removing K-Pro

Is it simply just a case of unplugging and replacing with stock ECU?
  3. J

Cleaning the DC5

I know its been discussed many times but wanted opinions of cleaning the DC5. Got first free weekend in ages and want to give DC5 a bit of a spruce. My old washing scenario went like this 1) 2 Buckets, wash car with Meguiars Microfibre Cloth and NXT Shampoo 2) Dry with Meguiars drying towel 3)...
  4. J

Lion v Buffalo v Crocodile - amazing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM
  5. J

Launch Control

Ever since having the K-Pro fitted i get sporadic launces. Now i know K-Pro kicks in at 3500rpm for me but im finding if i launch a quick start as i normally would have before the car judders as if misfiring. I then quickly diagnosed that it wasnt misfiring it was the limiter at 3500!! Now how...
  6. J

Standard Exhaust Manifold Weight?

Anyone know how much the 4-2 and 2-1 sections weigh?
  7. J

Thinking of getting a K-Pro fitted?

Two words - Do it! Whilst in America i purchased a K-Pro'd PRB ECU and on arriving back i also bought a Buddyclub Manifold. I had previously got the engine mount inserts as well so off i went to System-R to get them all fitted with the K-Pro having a part-tune. I also had some new front discs...
  8. J

Buddyclub Manifold

Just got myself one of these and it arrived today Few questions for those who have them, i only received 3 springs with it (has 6 spring fittings) how important are these and do they all need to be on to be effective? Secondly to fit it do you need new gaskets etc or will it mate up to...
  9. J

Uneven

Had a good look today whilst car was parked on flat bit of road that the passenger side front is noticeably higher that the drivers side. (no jokes i wasnt in the car!) Working with the world renowned "how many fingers can fit inbetween arch and tyre" on each side and it confirms that its...
  10. J

Top Secret Super Street Brake Pads

Anyone heard about these? or even tried them?
  11. J

Attention all Goodyear Eagle F1 owners

Found this on some other sites but havent seen it mentioned here http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_p ... 37245&PN=1 Worth a read, i had China ones on mine but they had the number after the E stamp so are legit. Any that dont have the E number on are being actively replaced it seems by the...
  12. J

Jackson Racing Manifold

Anyone using this without the S/C? Just wondering how good it would be as a manifold on a N/A car?
  13. J

J's Racing N1 ECU

Anyone had experience with one of these? did a search and nothing came up on this
  14. J

Hondata K-Pro (US version)

Heading over to LA end of June and tempted to take advantage of the strong pound. Looking to maybe purchase a K-Pro'd ECU over there and was after some advice. It seems to me i have 3 options, 1 is to purchase a K-Pro'd PRB ECU over there, second is to purchase a std PRC ECU and take it over...
  15. J

Forza Motorsport 2

Anyone downloaded the demo yet? DC5 is on there and i must say im impressed. Never played the previous version and always used to have GT but this is a lot bette. Gameplay is awesome and although i dont think the graphics are great on it, they will do. Driving DC5 is great, can hear the VTEC...
  16. J

MOT issue

Just noticed, as i prepare to get my first MOT on the DC5, that the 1st MOT done by Newera has the miles on the MOT certificate as 39k - this was obviously though the km's. Will this cause an issue? as Mileage is only 38k miles at the minute and when doing the MOT wouldnt this possibly flag...
  17. J

Weird Starting Issue

Went to start car this morning (garaged and 10am so not overly cold) and it sounded bit lethargic and when it did start it was very lumpy and idling at 600rpm - then the CEL came on :shock: I turned it off and then started her up again and rev'd it a little and it came back to life at around...
  18. J

DC Sports Manifold

This has been mentioned quite a bit but the DC Sports Polished Stainless Steel manifold - it definately fits the DC5 doesnt it? As i saw this thread http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=sports and was worried that it wont :? Maybe the CTR ones are different? although i always...
  19. J

New JDM Civic Type-R

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=16084 I like 8)
  20. J

A quickie

As above, simply put Are aftermarket manifolds for the CTR the same as for the DC5?? I know the std CTR is a 4-1 and different to OEM DC5 one but just wanted crystal clear clarification that say someone was selling a Toda for the CTR it would be the same product as for the DC5. This also goes...