Search results

1. Tim J

Agreed Valuation Insurance

Hi All, I've been looking into this now that the DC5 is 20yrs old. Has anyone got an Agreed Value policy? The only company I've foundcis Adrian Flux and the quote was £176, which, to me is ridiculously low. As a comparison, I'm currently with Sainsbury's (for over 8yrs) and it's approx £300...
  2. Tim J

Service Book - need a new one

My garage queen is off to TGM soon so I dig out my service book, only to realise that it's full. No more space for stamps. Contacted local Honda dealership to be told that I'm unable to buy a replacement service book as it's all online. I know I'll get a printout of the service details but for...
  3. Tim J

E10 Fuel?

Ok Chaps, I'm pretty confident that as most (if not all) of us use premium/super unleaded so we haven't got anything to worry about but I've just been notified of this. The UK government vehicle checker is about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Just checked the daughter's car (62) plate and...
  4. Tim J

Clip part No?

Hello All, It’s been a while, is anyone familiar with the clip highlighted in this photo at all? Mine fell off somewhere and I’d like to order a new one seeing as all parts depts are non-working at weekends at the moment Thanks in advance Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Tim J

Air Con re-gassing ?

Hi All, Wasn‘t too sure where to post this after a search on the other sub forums so advance apology and please move accordingly. Due to the welcome warm climate recently, I reluctantly pressed the A/C button and not surprisingly, after over a decade of ownership and never, ever, using it...
  6. Tim J

dimensions query

Hi All, just a quick question, I know from the front fact page that the width of a DC5 is 1715mm, does anyone know if that includes/excludes the wing mirrors folded in at all? I cant physically check mine as it's in storage. Cheers Tim
  7. Tim J

Insurance not getting better

Chaps, I just need to vent my anger and displeasure at the insurance companies. Isn't life supposed to get easier as we get older? I've had the Teg a few years and like all of you, am frustrated at the astronomical amount we pay but also the difficulty in finding the right car on their...
  8. Tim J

Alloy Gators

Chaps, I'm having some aftermarket alloys refurbed and so once their back, the last thing I want is to damage them. I've noticed some Alloy Gators - anti kerbing protectors - http://www.alloygator.co.uk/index.asp?page_ID=23 and just wondered if anyone has any previous knowledge/thoughts on...
  9. Tim J

Aftermarket wheel nuts - taperpro?

I've searched and found that the correct size for aftermarket wheel nuts are this size; Has anybody used Taperpro before? - I've heard mixed reviews about the Ultralite ones and so was weighing up the possibility of these cold forged alu ones. http://www.taperpro.co.uk/fn_nutz.html...
  10. Tim J

Agreed Value?

Has anyone got agreed value on their policy at all? I know most companies do 'agreed value' on classic cars (over 20 yrs old) but came across Heritage Insurance http://www.heritage-quote.co.uk last night and it got me thinking as they cover modern classics & imports etc. From a previous bad...
  11. Tim J

rear hatch light - dodgy connection

Ever since I've had the car, my rear hatch light has never worked. After swapping the bulb over and still nothing & getting really :evil: off with this, I investigated further. I borrowed a voltage tester and I'm only getting a 9v current so suspected that there is probably not enough to...
  12. Tim J

Is this the best Forum or what ....

I know it's a strange thread but..... Recently, I've had a couple of issues and both times the search function has revealed the answer.... and TBH, it hasn't really been the past few weeks either when I've found out things. Anyone else found this place such a wealth of information? Just glad...
  13. Tim J

CEL Code 41

I was reluctant to post a new thread when there have been so many on this but code 41 didn't seem to clear. basically, started up the Teg tonight ( tis been cold all day and been in shade ) so started her up, drove to the other car (10 secs) to swap child seat over and CEL came on. Checked...
  14. Tim J

Bl**dy Honda drivers - incident in the Teg - update

A female Honda Jazz driver has just scuffed my rear bumper whilst I was stationary turning onto a dual carriage way :xmad: I've got her registration No but she drove off, and appeared to be blissfully unaware of the incident. I couldn't pullover as I was at the dual carriageway junction and...
  15. Tim J

Forum Names : Real Names

Saw this on another Forum and it kinda worked so thought I'd try it. I can't be a***d trying to remember forum names, I have a bad enough time trying to remember real names so I thought if there was a thread listing usernames & real names, it'd make things easier.....just a thought....don't...
  16. Tim J

Glovebox Latch - Part No

In case anyone else thinks it's a handy option to have, the part No for a Glovebox latch is here; 77540-S6A-G11ZB You unscrew the 2 screws on existing latch and swap it over. The lock is a universal one and certainly, pre-facelift keys fit. Cost is approx £30 from Mr H, however, be prepared...
  17. Tim J

Number Plates with forum URL?

Having searched 19 pages of results, I still haven't found what I'm after. Is there anyone on here who can make Number plates with the URL itr-dc5.com underneath ? IIRC, the forum stickers that Chris makes/made, he received the go ahead from the mods beforehand so this would also be required...
  18. Tim J

Replacing Rocker Cover - Liquid Gasket?

Chaps, I'll be replacing the Rocker cover with my new one :wink: at the weekend, I've just bought the corresponding gasket and plug seals from Mr H :xcry: and checking through the Workshop manual, it looks like I need some liquid gasket on the corners. I can't remember using this stuff when...
  19. Tim J

Repairing scratches on plastic

Chaps, Didn't know where to post this query so if the mods want to move it to a more appropriate section - feel free. My 6yr old decided to open up my golfing umbrella in close proximity to the Teg this morning and has marked my rear bumper On first inspection, I saw a 6" mark and thought not...
  20. Tim J

New Again - Chelmsford

Just spoke to New Again based in Chelmsford and they had a CW DC5 in the workshop last week for paint sealant, anyone here? Have provisionally booked car in so after opinions Cheers Tim J