Search results

1. S

Honda sat nav

Yes, perfectly - had one in mine.
  2. S

Key Cut

That just about sums up U.K. these days, :cry: along with people (enthusiasts?) asking how to change a wheel :oops: No wonder we don't produce anything anymore (except call centres with morons in them telling us......'the computer says..) :x
  3. S

RON 95 fuel and Integra

Don't worry about all this 'hype' about not being able to use 95, it's all b*%*s. I use with it with no problems (+/- 25000 miles later). Unless you're 'racing' everyone every day, I doubt you'll notice any difference. .........and yes, I have used both 99 & 98. It's not like the 'old days'...
  4. S

Highest mileage DC5

54000 miles Nothing at all
  5. S

Damaged DC5 on Ebay going cheapish

I'm often reading these forums and sometimes read really silly questions relating to subjects that 'enthusiasts' should know about, and I don't reply to them, but iust have a laugh. I do understand that these forums are to help people with advise and knowledge, for which I am grateful, and...
  6. S

Valve clearances

Thanks for all the advice guys.................but I'm more than capable of doing the job myself, and don't pay good money for someone else to do a job I can do. Anyway, I know the jobs been done properly if I do it myself. Is there no one on here that knows the clearances ?
  7. S

Valve clearances

Does anyone know what the clearances should be? and are they adjusted with a cold or hot engine? Have done a search and can find nothing.
  8. S

Fuel and stuff

Well, I don't know what all the fuss is about. I've run mine on 95ron for the last 20,000 miles with no problems. I've tried 97/98ron, but to be honest, can't really tell any difference. ECU will retard timing to suit anyway, and all modern cars have knock sensors.
  9. S

How much road tax do you pay?

Registered after 23/03/06 is actually £190, and I have my V11 in front of me now and as per my earlier post it states '223 g/km', not 212.
  10. S

How much road tax do you pay?

All cars and 4x4's exceeding 225g/km CO2 will be subject to the £210 per year. Guess what?.....................DC5 = 223g/km !, so our tax remains the same. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Mr. Brown !
  11. S

My Blown DC5 Rebuild

Just had a thought, as I've never seen it mentioned on this forum. Is the head on this engine so highly tuned that things like, bigger valves, multi-angled valves and seats, lightened valves, flowed head and matched inlet and exhaust tracts don't work? This has always been a good way of...
  12. S

My Blown DC5 Rebuild

This is exactly what I'm trying to say to you. No, I wouldn't have a clue why you would need liners, or an uprated anything else...................I don't have enough knowledge on this engine to be able to advise, and I haven't said what you would need for this either. As I've said previously...
  13. S

My Blown DC5 Rebuild

Hello Martin Definately not a bookworm expert!, although a lot of research (reading up and talking to people who actually want to help) Just bear in mind that on and off, have been building engines in excess of 20 years and my knowledge on Ford's and Alfa's is pretty good. Power...
  14. S

My Blown DC5 Rebuild

Martin 200. Being sacastic definately won't bring assistance. I never said I was an expert, although I have built quite a few 'hot' Alfa Romeo and Ford engines. (Which I might add have never gone bang after 25,000 miles, or any mileage for that matter) I was simply trying to assist by saying...
  15. S

My Blown DC5 Rebuild

Reading through this thread, I have to agree with a lot of what MJ Type-R says. The problem with modding most cars these days, is the fact that cars lile Honda Type R's are so highly tuned when they leave the factory (how many engines leave the factory in standard form producing 110 hp per...
  16. S

Need Help!!

Manufacturers use different techniques. Generally, 'solid' colours do not have a clear coat. (Although I remember my Alfa 145 Cloverleaf which was red had clear over the top, as the base was waterbased) Metallics always use a clearcoat over the top (as the colour dries to a 'matt' finish, and...
  17. S

TOYO'S T1R 215/45/17 OR EAGLE F1 GSD3??

T1S's don't last nearly as long as T1R's. I've used them both.
  18. S

TOYO'S T1R 215/45/17 OR EAGLE F1 GSD3??

I've just put 4 new Toyo T1R's on.......................what a difference to the Bridgestone's. Slightly softer ride, much more grip in the wet and dry, quieter ride and overall, feel that they suit the car much better. Just to note that my car is completely standard. Recommended.
  19. S

color coad for alloys

The wheels are not the same colour as the bodywork (CW). They are a lot whiter. To get the nearest colour for the wheels, you'll need to use the colour chip cards that the paint supplier has. The best paint to get is a two pack, which you can find from any decent automotive paint supplier...