Search results

1. S

Valve clearances

Does anyone know what the clearances should be? and are they adjusted with a cold or hot engine? Have done a search and can find nothing.
  2. S

Gate between 2nd and 3rd gear problem (or not)

Anyone have this: Sometimes when accelarating hard in second gear, and then change to third, you miss third. It feels like as you change from second to third, you're actually trying to push the gear lever in-between first and third. I was wondering if excessive engine movement at high revs would...
  3. S

Garage service or DIY

Thought it would be interesting to see who has their cars serviced by a garage, and who sevices them themselves. Apart from the the 'non technically minded' people out there, why would any competent mechanically orientated person pay exhorbitant prices to a garage? (With the obvious exception...
  4. S

Correct oil filter

Just to clear this up - which is the correct oil filter to use? Yes, have done a search, and come up with a variety i.e. Honda Fireblade :shock: CTR. S2000.
  5. S

Falken GRBFK 451 Tyres

Has anyone tried Falken GRBFK 451 tyres yet? From what I've read, they seem to be the new equivelent to Toyo Proxes T1R's (virtually the same price as Goodyear F1's now :shock:) I've been using the T1R's for a while now, but as usual, because they're becoming popular, they're becoming more...
  6. S

HID on main beam as well as dipped beam

On my DC5 dipped beams (outer lights) appear to have HID lights (bright white light) Whereas on main beam (inner lights), they are off white and appear not to be HID. Is this correct? If not, how do you convert to HID? Or is this just standard?
  7. S

Speed pulse sensor wire colour

Hello all First post on this site and soon to be DC5 owner :D (Deposit paid on a 51 plate CW with C pack)) Have a technical question before I even take delivery! How sad is that! As I have removed the Honda double din sat-nav unit out of my (soon to be parted) Toyota MR2 roadster, and intend...