Search results

1. B

Goodbye DC5, Hello EP3

The ITR was great and the Brembos and alloy control arms alone indicate that it is more track oriented. I almost bit off a really significant project (putting a low km C30A ala NSX drivetrain into the back of an EG civic). But have got sidetracked - we have such a plethora of performance cars in...
  2. B

Goodbye DC5, Hello EP3

I am afraid it is time, I watched with a tear in my eye as my 2002 CW 23000km type R bunny hopped down the road with its new 19yr old owner at the wheel (one lesson on how to drive a manual). I let him know before he left that if anything untoward should happen to the car to give me a call so...
  3. B

Help gearbox needed

I have one but shipping will cost a bit. Probably do it for about 620 delivered. Less than 20,000kms
  4. B

JDM DC2 16in wheels

I put a set of the 02+ accord 16" rims on my DC5R. I had to uses a 5mm spacer for the spokes to clear the brembos. There was no problem with circumference though. Why did I do this? I had a bearing noise and swapped the wheels between the two cars to make sure it wasn't just tyre noise.
  5. B

A viable alternative to the DC5

It's funny the different perceptions in different places. An EP3 in Japan is worth more than a DC5 second hand. Why? Rarity and it is made in the UK - The guys in the UK must build a better car. DC5R is more expensive in UK than EP3 (either JDM or UKDM), why - the DC5R rarer and is a proper...
  6. B

BTCC Media day

There be some good top end there. Look how far the injectors are up the manifold! Love the factory look flared gaurds.
  7. B

Spoon filter

I have one and think it is pretty good. Get the Trust one though, same filter different name on it and much cheaper.
  8. B

JAP SAT NAV ETC

Band expander is dead easy, just disconnect the plug for the aerial, plug in the band expander (in line) and hook up a power wire. The easiest spot in the teg is the LHS kick panel. You will see the aerial plug in the gap between the kick panel and the dash. Pull off the kick panel, plug in the...
  9. B

0 to 60 times ??

I had the same choice as you look for my post about 4 months ago. M3 or DC5. I went with the DC5 Why? Age Reliability Parts Fuel economy (one of the biggest reasons) Looks Handling Resale Insurance I got a DC5 with 20000kms vs an M3 with 190,000kms they were similarly priced here in NZ. The...
  10. B

Living with a DC5

All good from me too. I got mine some months back. I have a work car so don't drive it to work but mine comes out on the weekend for every drive even just down to the local shops (strange how a two minute walk becomes a 30 minute drive when I go in the car). The car is fantastic but tkes a bit...
  11. B

DC5 type-r or Accord Euro-r?

Talking about accord estates, if anyone can find a set of roof rails for an accord 'Tourer' I believe they are called in UK and europe then I would happily swap a start button kit with loom. These are the roof rails that bolt to the roof of the car and run the length of the roof. Sorry about...
  12. B

DC5 type-r or Accord Euro-r?

I have driven the Euro R and own both a DC5R and an import 2004 accord wagon. The accord Euro R is very, very good! The seats are wider but still recaros (tomcats) and nice and supportive, the ride is still taunt but not ITR firm, the road noise is way down! Motor and box are as expected and...
  13. B

change interior?

I have the carpet and door trim inserts (you don't need to replace the entire door trim just swap the inserts). PM me if interested. Perfect condition.
  14. B

Brake Pad wear

They do have a screamer/screecher/wear indicator whatver you want to call them. At 2mm the indicator would have been squealing for a good 500 plus miles. The indicator can be seen at the bottom of the outside pad. When it hits the disk you will definately know it is time to change pads.
  15. B

oil filter question

Ain't that the truth. I have a method that seems to work. While the engine is still cold I scramble underneath and undo. You can get max grip without burning yourself. Then I do it up just a little, run car till oil is hot then spin that sucker off. Nothing worse than trying to get a tight...
  16. B

oil filter question

The bigger diameter filter will fit and not cause running problems. They ran on all B series engines. The change to the long thin ones occured because it is harder to get the fat short ones off come service time.
  17. B

Road Noise

When I first got mine it would almost change lane if you had the loud pedal pressed to the floor and you changed gear. Especially at the top of say third. It was damn scarey. It would squirm and jump all over the shop. My front RHS also had the rotor moving up and down (the brake wear had become...
  18. B

Road Noise

My ITR is nice and quite now. Just replaced one of the rear wheel bearing and all the noise has gone. Will post up a pic of the noise causing inner race on my profile. ITR bearings bruise very easily as seen in pic and if your car sounds just too loud (more than tyre noise - suspect bearings...
  19. B

worth stripping out ?

I weighed my car on a weigh bridge It had me (85kg), 25L of oil (I was at the recyclers), 3/4 a tank of juice, hopefully all other fluids were in place. Weighed in at 1280kg. 100kg over over the quoted base rate. So maybe it is with full fluids? Maybe weighbridge was out a bit (but they tell...
  20. B

Camber/Tyre Wear

Increase the castor If you increase the castor you will get the benefits of better grip around corners. Increasing the castor effectively gives negative camber on the wheels as you turn, the wheels lean inwards (picture a bike wheel for this one). Increasing castor does not increase tyre wear...