Search results

1. J

Minimal Brembo Clearance

I've recently gotten some track rims, they're 16x7.5 Advan RGs At a 45+ offset, they have about 1-2mm of clearance with the Brembos, is this going to be an issue? I'm probably going to go for a 215/50/16 tyre, and it should clear the suspension components, etc. But the clearance issue is...
  2. J

Any differences between DC5 airboxes?

Was just wondering if there was a difference between JDM Type R airboxes and non-Type R airboxes? Anyone know? :?
  3. J

Noisey Tappets

What should I use to clean them? My mechanic recommended an engine flush type thing?
  4. J

Removing Door Panels - Dead Link

I've been searching on how to remove the door panels without butchering anything, but all I have found is performance.clubrsx.com/speaker.html Which is a dead link :( Can anyone help? The 6 speaker Bose system came with the car sans headunit..I am now hoping to run everything off an...
  5. J

CL1 16"s clear Brembos?

As above, looking for some cheap as chips 16"s that will clear the Brembos. The CL1's are Size is Stud size is 5 x 114.3. 16 x 6.5 inch +55 Offset. Any ideas? They're cheap, very cheap..
  6. J

16x8 S6 RX7 Rims

As recommended by NZITR Anyone have any experience of this? Any probs, etc? Rang up Bridgestone, only tyre they have available for this size is the S03's...
  7. J

16" STI Rims on DC5

Will they fit? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Wheels-tyres/Alloy-wheels/auction-58883306.htm I heard some AWD offsets are the same as FWD? Anyone have any idea? I'm just looking for some cheap track rims... I do want the offset to be right though... *I tried...
  8. J

TODA Manifold Question

I contacted my local TODA Dealer, and asked about the TODA Manifold for the DC5...He said it was fantastic, etc, etc.... ...BUT did not recommend it for a road car!!??! He said it was developed for RACE cars and the lightwieght material would crack after a few years because of the car starting...
  9. J

D2 suspension

Hi does anyone know what the part number is for the D2's that dobber was using? I PM'd him, but he couldn't get hold of Tom at TGM.. I live in NZ, so I can't exaclty pop down to TGM to ask :oops: Would be greatly appreciated as I'm lookin into some coilovers atm, don't want to get the Series...
  10. J

Driverside auto window

After installing my amp and Sub...my driverside window does not rise or lower automatically anymore (used to be able to just tap the button for it to close/open, instead of holding down the button) I remember someone having the same issue on the forum, but the search function isn't very...
  11. J

My first proper service

Well, -Oil drained and changed to 5w-40 SynPower. -Filter changed to a HAMP one. -Driveshafts inspected -Brake Fluid drained and changed -Front pads changed to Road House 44100's -Front rotors modified and machined! The idiot who owned the car before me, had changed the rotor's to something...
  12. J

Mounting sub and other I.C.E. advice?

Just scored myself a Xplode headunit, and a Xplode 12" 1300W sub. Whilst they really aren't the best of quality, got them both for NZ$80 :D (that's about 28 pounds :wink: ) I've ripped out my dash, and played around with the wires and now my headunit is installed. Now my problem, is how I'm...
  13. J

Your opinion on suspension?

I've been debating on whether to get full adjustable coilovers, or just chuck in some bits to fix my camber.. At the moment I am running Spoon Progressive Springs which are (for me anyway) the perfect ride height, ride quality(not harsh), and firm up very nicely when pushing the car. The...
  14. J

Grounding tweak?

Has anyone tried this: http://www.hondata.com/techk20ground.html?
  15. J

J's Racing Headers?

As above, anyone have any experience/advice on these? Was looking around, and apparently these have higher outputs than TODA on the F20C but on the headers for the K20A are peakier than the TODA whilst producing a higher peak figure? Please correct me if I'm wrong? Personally, I would rather...
  16. J

Under-hood Lining

I've removed the lining from beneath my bonnet because it was really quite tatty. I was wondering if there were any negative side effects? ...The teg sounds even better than before now, and the induction howl is more defined.. 8)
  17. J

Gearbox Noise

Hi, was just wondering if your gearboxes are fairly noisey too? i mean i can hear it through the garage door when dad takes it out... It sounded like my mate's DC2R when he needed new gearbox oil? And I understand that our gearboxes are meant to be notchy? But 1st to 2nd grunches qute a bit...
  18. J

Hi from NZ

Hey all, I'm from New Zealand, have just purchased a JDM '01 DC5 R C-pack. It's got Spoon progressives and a ARC induction box. Picking up on Wednesday. i'll chuck some pictures up then :) Hope to contribute to the forum and stuff :) -J