Search results

1. M

Who's had their DC5 the longest?

Had mine for over 4 years now...done about 25,000 miles ish.
  2. M

Just about to buy my first teg, please advise???

The DC2 SiR, Si and SiR-G all have a B18C1 engine. The compression ratio is lower than the Type R, the valvetrain is not as wild and it has the Dual Runners, which I believe are better than the Type R system, for low down driveability and fuel economy, but this will be argued by others. The SiR...
  3. M

greddy turbo kit.. any good for any1

If that RS6 was trying it would have slayed Dan, I am sure.
  4. M

greddy turbo kit.. any good for any1

Hey, that's my car, lol! If anyone wants the turbo kit off it, speak to me, as I have it all in my workshop. I have a custom manifold, downpipe, turbo, etc. now. Indeed it is quite tight at the rear, but with good heat shields, no problem. Thing is my new turbo is too big, so my new manifold...
  5. M

Advice needed - RICE IT UP!!!

Can anyone make that a blue DC5?
  6. M

Advice needed - RICE IT UP!!!

Alright guys, I am almost ready to bring back my 3rd revision of THE DC5 Turbo....has Mike run his DC5 in yet does anyone know? Well, I want to be different for once, anyone got ideas for some funky graphics / decals for my Teg? It's Arctic Blue... Thanks in advance :D
  7. M

VTEC Control

I suspect that its to do with a heavy right foot. VTEC control, on a standard engine, is pointless. Honda spent a lot of money getting the standard map correct, shifting the VTEC point for anything other than more noise would be pointless.
  8. M

Logistics of leaving a car at TGM

Should have let me know you were in town mate ;)
  9. M

Speed wrong on KPro

Look for the DIY DC5 SVA tutorials. That will show you where you should put your speedometer converter, you'll find that the converter fitted to your car will be somewhere between the VSS on the gearbox to the fusebox. Remove airbox, etc and I am sure it will be in front of you.
  10. M

Speed wrong on KPro

You'll probably find that the speedo converter fitted upon import from Japan has been done to change the signal both to the ECU and the Instrument cluster. You need to get it removed and spliced in behind the instrument cluster, thus leaving the ECU signal alone. This will allow the correct gear...
  11. M

Camera suction mounting

I have the SM1 from b-hague http://www.b-hague.co.uk/camera_suction ... mounts.htm Its pretty good, I have had it on the windscreen and on the rear window. Preferred the rear window for mounting as you get vision of the driver too. I have used it for a driving instructor video too, in the...
  12. M

Depreciation!!

Supply and demand. Everyone wanted one, could afford one, but the manufacturer was regulating the numbers produced / sold in the UK. Think the Ford Focus RS was another example. I suspect the Focus ST would have been a nice purchase too. Probably why DC5 prices stayed high for as long as they...
  13. M

Depreciation!!

I drive my car, and I love it, thats all that matters. I have owned it for over a year now, and must say, I have driven 20,000 miles in it, its lost value I guess, but not as much as a Vauxhall Vectra, lol. A car is not an investment, to be frank, they are getting more and more akin to...
  14. M

JACKSON RACING SUPERCHARGER?

Go on www.civictype-r.co.uk. Lots of people have JRSC's on there. DC5 owners are adverse to Forced Induction, compared to the CTR boys. You'll end up getting drawn in to the Rotrex SC vs JRSC debate though, lol.
  15. M

Clutch Master Cylinder

My clutch master cylinder seems to be dieing. Do Honda sell a repair/overhaul kit for them? If so, how much. Or...how much are they new? Thanks in advance. Martin
  16. M

J's Racing Discs and Bremo Pads....very loud squealing!!

I have done that with mine. Did not work! I regularely use the hand brake to slow down. In fact Nick I was on the phone to you the other day when driving, I am suprised you did not hear the brakes then! Give me a call Nick, I am still in Telford working flat out!
  17. M

J's Racing Discs and Bremo Pads....very loud squealing!!

I tell you what, I am going mad. I have J's Racing front brake disks on my car with Mintex Brake pads. They sqeeeeeeeeel like a pig! Sound more like a train going round a tight bend against a check-rail! Any speed, brake and its an almighty racket! Had it for about 3,000 miles now. Had the pads...
  18. M

Goodyear Eagle F1's on the front ?

As good as I believe it will get with the amount of torque it has at the wheels in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
  19. M

most powerfull na car on here ??

Who cares at the end of the day. Its how fast the car is that matters. Rolling road figures are a pissing contest. The true purpose for a rolling road is for tuning, thats all. So, who has the fastest NA car in a straight line? What about round corners? Who can actually drive their car? More...
  20. M

Goodyear Eagle F1's on the front ?

I have 225/45/17 Eagle F1's on my Turbo Teg, they are about as good as you'll get to be honest.