Search results

1. B

New Cold Air Feed added to my engine

Was searching on the internet for cold air feeds and i came across this one which was very reasonably priced and looked very durable so i ordered it in. Came this morning so i decided to fit it on the car. Comments fitting was not that difficult. Looks very neat and not so aftermarketishy all...
  2. B

Whats better to fit the esmm inserts or ETD?

i will be getting my manifold fitted and was told i either need esmm inserts or a engine torque damper. i hear the esmm mounts make the car vibrate. what is the ETD like and will it work with a toda manifold ok?
  3. B

Fitted AEM V2 on my car today *Result = Very impressed*

Bought a aem V2 CAI from ajenkins, recieved it this morning so thought i mights well fit it. must say took me a while to fit it as i started cleaning the engine bay aswell. all in all very good quality piece of kit! fits snuggle, no need to modify any panels or move any thing around. Results...
  4. B

If swapping ecu's do you need to reprogram keys?

I am thinking of buying a kpro from someone but i don't know if you need to get the keys uncoded or are they not coded to the ecu?
  5. B

Buddyclub-UK customer service is PANTS!

Mate of mine bought a BC pro spec 3 exhaust and a BC mani new from a tuner about 4 months ago, both items have been fitted and both items have had big problems like the hanger breakoff the back box and the mani have problems with the springs that hold it together to the decat section. he has...
  6. B

Bought myself a toda manifold and sppon strut brace- NICE

just bought these will pick them up some time in the week. wanted to know of where to get the toda mani fitted from, someone who will fit it correctly and what parts will i need e.g new gasket, botls etc? also i bought a spoon strut brace and wanted to know do i need to remove the standard...
  7. B

Adrain Flux just gave ma a Quote worthing posting up!

1300! LOL what a joke! and i thought norwich union were having a laugh with 700! in the end stuck with my insurance company i had my old car on. £550.
  8. B

Why is there so much conflicting reviews and adjustments on

things? e.g: tire pressures some people say they should be 32f 30r and others say 35F 33R.. which is correct? toe in settings. some tuners swear by poss front toe and neg rear toe and vice versa...which one should it be? i am confused!
  9. B

Finding the DC5 very slidey today is this normal?

Newbie owner to DC5 today i went out in it and found the backend was too playfull for my liking is this normal? or is it due to the greasey roads?
  10. B

how do i remove the HU from the DC5?

i got a single din HU and a cd slot in the dc5 but want to change it to another unit, cant remove the HU. is there a special way?
  11. B

Nearly a DC5 owner and would like to know what mods to start

I tried the search facility and found too many posts that did not relate to an exact thread. maybe me not knowing how to use it. anyway, i am nearly an owner and have some extra cash like a 1k so wanted to know what mods to go for. current has a exhaust and fast road setup. i want to go for a...
  12. B

Went to see a dc5 today and my findings are as follows:

car looked really nice in black with red seats. problems i found, both rear quarter panels had been resprayed front wing resprayed guy said someone had strached the car the drivers seat had alot of wear marks like black marks plus bolster wear. carpet had oil staines engine looked dirty...
  13. B

how do you tell what grade a car was when imported?

going to see a DC5, guy reckons it was a grade 5 when imported in, but doesn't have paperwork to prove this. is there anyway of telling?
  14. B

Advice on owning a DC5?

For years i have loved the DC2 and then the civic type R came out and decided to buy 1. ended up owning 3. but never tried out a DC5. i recently have had high torque turbo cars but really love the looks of the DC5. just wanted to know what it's like for owning 1? insurance cost? group? fuel...