Search results

1. Ken A

Whats a stock airbox worth ?

Have one for sale at the mo....havent an idea what its worth.
  2. Ken A

My DC5 wont start...HELP !!

Ive been using my wifes litle runaround for the last 2 days while the DC5 sat in my drive. Since I'll need to get the Dc5 out in the morning to go to work, I decided to go out and shift the cars around and the Dc5 wouldnt start. It fired for a fraction of a second then cut out again.And now...
  3. Ken A

Best place for phone holder in DC5 ??

Ive got a bluetooth headset for my car so I went away and bought a holder/cradle for my phone. I'd prefer to use the sticky pad that comes with the kit instead of the supplied screws but there doesnt seem to be any apparent "ideal" places to mount it. Where do you guys have yours mounted ??
  4. Ken A

Goodyear Eagle F1's on the front ?

Im about to change my fronts after having a bad weekend of hairy moments with the storms/rain. I know the sidewalls are soft enough on the GSD3's and can give a "jelly-like" feel to the car under heavy braking but would it affect the cars balance too much if I was to put them on ?? The Yoko...
  5. Ken A

Bloody Irish Insurance companies...

Had my car sold this week. I was taking a '03 Passat dsl as part-exch along with cash off a guy. had the deal done but unfortunately he couldnt afford the ridiculous quotes he got here. thee guy is 25 and the best quote he could get was €3500 :evil: :evil:
  6. Ken A

DID the Type R DC5 come in gun metal grey ??

Found this earlier http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cf ... rID=262518
  7. Ken A

Compressing TV series episodes ??

Anyone know how i use dvd shrink to fit as many episodes of a tv series on one disc as I can ?? They are of Windows media file type. DO In eed to convert them to ISO or something ?? If so, How do I d this ? Secondly, once I have the right file types for dvd shrink, how do i fit all the episodes...
  8. Ken A

Possible clutch probs ???

Ive noticed the last 2 weeks a little noise coming from the clutch when the engine is well warm. It seems to happen just before the biting point. It seems to sound something like a heavy creak/light grinding noise. it doesnt seem to affect the operation of the clutch...so far !! Does this...
  9. Ken A

best way to install a cold air feed?

I have my Apexi induction kit in about a week now and at first I thought it pulled a bit better and definitely better and louder in Vtec. However, with all the warm weather lately, I feel I'm losing a lot of power low down. I put the foot down and the it feels like its holding back. Although...
  10. Ken A

The Ultimate car wax ?

Ive just been looking at polished bliss. lots of goodies on there !! I'm more or less talking about a long lasting sealing wax here that provides plenty of water beading etc, not a polish/paint enhancer. Whats the best you've used?
  11. Ken A

Tyre stiffness comparison thread

Ok I think its time I got the RE07's off my car cause I dont like the stiffness and harsh ride and I get a lot of wheelspin wet and dry, even when I dont sink the shoe. Ive got the Yoko Advan RE07's. (It came from japan with these...think theyre HARD). Anyone else have experience of these? Am...
  12. Ken A

Can anyone find me the link to HKS soundclips..

...that were on here recently. I think one was Kingstons car and the other was the High power muffler. I did a search but finding nothing. Cheers.
  13. Ken A

So what springs are softer than OEM ?........

..........but stiffen up nicely when pushed ? I'm looking to soften up my ride a little and lower it at the same time if thats possible :roll:
  14. Ken A

Static shocks...

The weather is getting better and I just cant seem to drive anywhere at all without getting a bang off the car door when i go to close it. Ive heard its because the nylon recaros generate a lot of static electricity. Is there anything that can be done to combat this ?? I'm not too sure I want...
  15. Ken A

Silkolene Pro-Boost..anyone used it ?

This would be more directed towards the irish lads on here..macer, gregb, nova, tarmac. As most of you will already know the petrol here in ireland is 95RON so under load the engine can "pink" a bit. Long term this is not good for the engine I know. A friend of mine who drives an S2000...
  16. Ken A

gear knob question..

Just got the genuine 6 speed gear know for my DC5 as it came with some other crappy one first day. The question I have is this : I have the knob screwed all the way down ( I think) and there is a gap betweent the knob and the Black ring attached to the gaitor. This black ring attached to the...
  17. Ken A

DC5 handling saved my bacon !!

On the M11 from Dublin to Bray I was travelling in the fast lane doing about 140kph when all of a sudden my wife shouted to "watch him ". I glanced to my left and saw this idiot swerving towards me and about to hit my passenger mirror and probably side of car. My first reaction was to swerve to...
  18. Ken A

DC5 economy..Had my first long run yesterday.

Unfortunately it had to be to go to my cousins babys funeral but nevermind. I drove the teg handy....then i drove it hard...then handy...really average driving ranging from overtaking using vtec to 100kph steady..... to 180kph in vtec :roll: for good stretches. End result was 600km on the...
  19. Ken A

KPro...opinions ?

I was wondering if i got this fitted to my (as yet) stock DC5 without a custom re-map would i benefit much ? Also, how much dosh are we talking ? i came across this while browsing !! http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewt ... sc&start=0
  20. Ken A

Well **** me !!!

Ive done a search on this and came up with nothing. After reading the review of the DC2 in this months Jap PF mag I went out and had a look inside my car ( and outside). I remember asking on here last week where was my rear fog light switch located and somebody told me it "could be anywhere"...