Search results

1. A

Headlight "Cloudy"

you have to take out the entire front bumper sadly mate... I'm contemplating doing it right know as I purchased a great condition second hand headlights, however moisture gets inside of them when I drive at nights :( been told by some mates around here that good 'ole silicon sealer around the...
  2. A

Hawk Pads - Any good?

Hi lads I recently changed pads and went for the hawk pad mainly for the price and readily availability, I would have loved to buy the Dixcel Z pads but I'm currently in a bit tied budget and also my OEM pads were gone so needed to replace ASAP to avoid damage to the disc and the Dixcel would...
  3. A

Gear 1 and 2

I also think is this, just get use to it, what I do is that I play with the clutch only, instead of giving gas and releasing the clutch at the same time (like you would normally do) I just play with the clutch pedal/engagement and use the little idle power to move the car forward then gently...
  4. A

What is the best induction kit for dc5?

You‘re right but the best way to compare if a bolt on item made improvement is to dyno test it, hence the comparison of CAI vs. GM in dyno sheets have appeared this thread, which has let to made opinions on this very thread that the CAI is the Better item "power wise" (not bang for buck which...
  5. A

dc5 lsd VS spoon lsd

also correct me if I'm wrong, but the Spoon is a clutch type Differential so it might need maintenance from time to time, were the oem/quaife won't...
  6. A

What is the best induction kit for dc5?

well I'll start by saying I bough mine for peace of mind I live in a rainforest climate country were we have 9 months of rain season and 3 months of summer (with occasional rainy days in those too) so is pretty common to go out to work with a beautiful sunshine in the morning and return home...
  7. A

samco or SFS

thanks fella!! :)
  8. A

Induction kits

cool, why so eager to change the Gruppe M?? I don't think any other intake will give a huge diff in power anyway and since you already have it why change it?, sound wise probably yes dunno... I have friends with cai's in their Civic SI's and they sound a lot louder than my GM...
  9. A

Induction kits

so how does it felt with the RRC? noticed any power increase in the butt dyno?? :)
  10. A

samco or SFS

Hi peeps Tried the search, however couldn't find any info related... OP sorry not trying to hijack the thread neither, just felt a new one wasn't needed for my query since is kind of related... Anyhow will a SFS, Samco or Venair intake hose for an EP3 fit in a DC5? :-k I ask because is...
  11. A

Re: 02 sensor problem I can confirm this... mine went a few months back and I replaced with the Denso OEM replace for USDM RSX Type S (not the OEM Honda badged denso) which is a bit cheaper and so far so good CEL turned off immediately, car drives normal, 0 issues...
  12. A

Help!??

that shift play looks bad lad, probably the gear selector fork inside the tranny is broken?? and as you mention if you already had a pop-out of gear and some grinding or resistance to get in gear before this problem, might be the synchros and/or clutch that are gone/damage so the best advise...
  13. A

Buddy Club close ratio 5th & 6th gear review.

not sure about the rev drops you mention, I changed the FD in mine to the 5.1 and find the revs needle drops much less than with OEM and it hangs a bit more when changing gears too like a split sec... dunno, but it makes the gear change fast situations really fast, as an example with OEM I would...
  14. A

Next Step

you don't need to map the ecu for a Final Drive to work properly. Unless you want to readjust the AFR to level up the econo as the FD will make the car a bit more thirsty... as you said so you have to take off gearbox and is and expensive job, so I would try to take advantage and change the...
  15. A

Where are my ponies? (missing 70-80hp!!)

do you think your clutch is in good condition? have you tried switching back to OEM injectors? how was the duty cycle on them? just some ramdom ideas... I also agree the exhaust header combo is restricting power but it is indeed low for the described mods... hope you get it sorted mate
  16. A

Gearbox query, is this normal ?

I found the part number for that rubber cap thingy 21396-P20-000 (from the USDM RSX, I think it should fit??) mine is missing also :-s
  17. A

Final Drive 5.06

Well not exactly swap it per se (like from a used FD2 tranny…), I purchased a brand new one and got it installed in mine It came with the main shaft and bearing... so I reckon you need those to fit it I had to redo the synchros in my tranny so the gears would have to be taken off the...
  18. A

Final Drive 5.06

yes the FD from the FD2R fits in the DC5 gearbox HTH 8)
  19. A

O2 sensor

The primary is the wideband... how do you know that‘s the one faulty in your car? Do you have a CEL/MIL in the instrument cluster? If you do did you run an OBDII scanner on it? I happen to just recently have a CEL on mine and after reading with the scanner it showed CEL codes P1166 and P1167...
  20. A

toda spec C

The only thing I've read on another forum Is that you shouldn't past 25 deg advance in timing adjustment with Toda spec C's on an OEM block, as it won't have enough piston to valve clearance and might cause damage, I haven't test this personally so can't assure anything, just something I read...