Search results

1. bezza4

Motorway cruising

What Dave said. I did 140k miles in mine, of which 90% was probably motorway. Over 80mph the DC5 does get quite noisey cruising along, but I just turned the music up. But the DC5 handled motorway speeds without an issue and you shouldn't have to worry about vtec at all on the motorway. 70mph =...
  2. bezza4

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Here's hoping, but glad you think so. Thanks!
  3. bezza4

Thanks. I Was speaking to P1tse a lot earlier in the week, but I think he wants to hold out for a lower mileage example.
  4. bezza4

Thanks. I just know most people will be put off by the high mileage and I don't want it sat around for ages when I do come to sell. I have tried to look after it. Every receipt, service invoice and MOT from the last 8 years and before is available, and all services have been carried out at TGM...
  5. bezza4

Due to having high mileage it will probably be the cheapest available. I'll have a look at others when I come to sell, but imagine it'll be up at about £5500.
  6. bezza4

A full machine polish today ahead of putting it up for sale in a couple of weeks. Will be sad to see it go after 8 years of ownership!
  7. bezza4

Noise / issue on start up.

Thanks. Is it likely to do any damage to the starter motor over time?
  8. bezza4

Noise / issue on start up.

Sometimes when I start the car (mainly in the morning) it makes a sort of crunching noise. Like the sort of noise that you may hear if you were to try and start the car if it was already started. What could be causing this? It's almost as if it is not disengaging after it has already started...
  9. bezza4

How To...Adjust Your Clutch

How do I need to adjust it to prevent the crunching in to second when cold?
  10. bezza4

2nd gear crunching when cold

That was changed at the same time as the clutch was replaced.
  11. bezza4

2nd gear crunching when cold

Since having the clutch replaced a couple of months ago second gear has been crunching when trying to get it in to gear when cold. When the car is up to temperature it is fine, and I am not having a problem in any other gear. Any idea as to what it could be? Something not quite right following...
  12. bezza4

Turn 25 + 1 more yr NCB & premium goes up!

Just goes to show ringing around helps. I am not the average man where my quote has increased by 20%, I have actually reduced it by 15% and that includes a guaranteed courtesy car in the event of it being stolen or written off :D
  13. bezza4

Thanks Ollie. Seems like I may not be the only one to see an increase this year then. I have found a cheaper quote, and is slightly better than last years as well (not by a lot), and I am just waiting for a call back from A Plan to see what they can do for me. Ollie - FYI I called Sky on...
  14. bezza4

It's just a bit of a ball ache ringing round every year. But I agree, it has to be done. Got my renewal price down by £300 last year by ringing round. Just can't believe it has gone up to £7** again. No way should I be paying that much for a car at 25 with full NCB.
  15. bezza4

How can that be?? Since the age of 17 all anyone has said is that young drives til the age of 25 are going to pay over the odds for insurance. But you wait until you turn 25, and then see your premiums drops. Well I have turned 25 (26 in 2 months) and have got 1 more years NCB taking that to 8...
  16. bezza4

Post up your mileage of your DC5

Re: Post up your mileage of your 2001 DC5. 83k :(
  17. bezza4

Service at 82k miles

That's the thing. Reason I am asking if there is anything more that needs to be done is because I am thinking about taking it to the local Seat / Saab garage to be serviced. My uncle is Service Manager, so can get family rates. But if there is anything more that needs doing than an oil change...
  18. bezza4

Service at 82k miles

Guess not :xconfused:
  19. bezza4

Service at 82k miles

Anyone?
  20. bezza4

Service at 82k miles

My car is about due for a service, and I am conscious that the mileage is getting quite high, so was wondering if anything else should be checked during a service over and above the standard? Last time it was serviced was by TGM and it had the valve clearance and I believe plugs changed. Is...