Search results

1. bezza4

Noise / issue on start up.

Sometimes when I start the car (mainly in the morning) it makes a sort of crunching noise. Like the sort of noise that you may hear if you were to try and start the car if it was already started. What could be causing this? It's almost as if it is not disengaging after it has already started...
  2. bezza4

2nd gear crunching when cold

Since having the clutch replaced a couple of months ago second gear has been crunching when trying to get it in to gear when cold. When the car is up to temperature it is fine, and I am not having a problem in any other gear. Any idea as to what it could be? Something not quite right following...
  3. bezza4

Turn 25 + 1 more yr NCB & premium goes up!

How can that be?? Since the age of 17 all anyone has said is that young drives til the age of 25 are going to pay over the odds for insurance. But you wait until you turn 25, and then see your premiums drops. Well I have turned 25 (26 in 2 months) and have got 1 more years NCB taking that to 8...
  4. bezza4

Service at 82k miles

My car is about due for a service, and I am conscious that the mileage is getting quite high, so was wondering if anything else should be checked during a service over and above the standard? Last time it was serviced was by TGM and it had the valve clearance and I believe plugs changed. Is...
  5. bezza4

CEL Light - Code P1167

My engine management light is on, and I have been able to hook it up to a Seat diagnositics machine. It is giving a fault code of P1167. Which on the Seat machine says is a MAF sensor. But from the search that I have done and looking at the RSX manual it would appear that this is not the case...
  6. bezza4

Engine Warning Light - MAF Sensor?!

My engine warning light has come on, and I connected it up to a diagnostics machine the other day and it said it was the MAF sensor that was the issue. My mechanic friend had a look and made sure it was connected correctly etc, and deleted the error on the machine. This obviously turned the EML...
  7. bezza4

Wheel alignment

It was highlighted in my MOT that 1 of the rear tires is wearing irregularly on the inside, and having my wheels refurbed last week the bloke also pointed out that the camber on that wheel was massively different to the otherside. I had a fast road set up completed by TGM last November, and I...
  8. bezza4

People insured with Sky look here

After a very good quote I have taken this years policy out with Sky. However, when they sent the initial proposal through despite the cover note saying it was a 2ltr DC5 the policy said it was an 1800cc. I corrected this and sent the signed proposal back, but yesterday I received the insurance...
  9. bezza4

Great quote from Adrian Flux

I have had my renewal come through from A Plan at £990. Not as much off last year as I'd have liked so did the usual ringing round and checking online. Surprisingly Bell gave me a decent quote online of about £900. I rang round the usual suspects this morning. Sky came up with a good...
  10. bezza4

Tracking settings

I have just had my front tires replaced and wanted to get the tracking checked at the same time. But they did not have the settings listed. What settings should be used when checking / correcting the tracking?
  11. bezza4

Service time

Now that 12k miles have passed since the last service I need to get the car booked in again. Is there a garage around Worcester / Birmigham that people would recommend using?? I took the car to TGM last time as wanted to get the valve clearance done and give the car a good check over. But as...
  12. bezza4

Oil Filter

I have tried using the search, but it is bringing back near enough every thread ever posted. My car is due for an oil change, where is best to get an oil filter from? I remember reading that the HAMP filters are better than the OEM filters?! Where do you get the HAMP filters from and how much...
  13. bezza4

Towing a DC5

Am I just being blind, or is there not anywhere to fit a towing eye to the front of a DC5?
  14. bezza4

Powerstation - Tewksbury

Hi guys, Has anyone used or know of Powerstation in Tewskbury? They come highly recommended from a lot of Jap car owners on another forum I use, and was just wondering if anyone on here had any experience with them? My car is due for a service soon and was considering a trip to TGM, but it is...
  15. bezza4

Honda Car Lottery - SCAM

I have just received the below email, and didn't think I had given me email address out, and then found these links - [url=http://www.joewein.de/sw/419-honda-car-lottery.htm">http://www.joewein.de/sw/419-honda-car-lottery.htm and
  16. bezza4

FM Expander

Has anyone got one on their JDM radio? I have bought one off ebay and fitted it 2nite, and it hasn't made a difference. Still can't get any higher than 90MHz. Just wondered if anyone had had any success with one, if so where did they get it?
  17. bezza4

Castrol Formula RS - 0W-40

Is this stuff any good and OK to use? I assume it will be as it is fully synthetic? Most people on here seem to recommend 5w-40, but Halfords only had their own stuff that was 5w-40. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't using the wrong stuff before I top it up??!!
  18. bezza4

Locking wheel nuts

Hi guys, I picked up my car yesterday, and am loving it. Been getting a lot of attention, which is where someone pointed out that I don't have any locking wheels nuts. I have tried Halfords, but have not had any luck. Where have people off here been able to get locking wheel nuts? Cheers, Matt