Search results

1. carl hammond

Rewire Halo Headlights HELP

Personally I would open the box up, reconnect it within (may need to push the old wire out/through and feed some more in) solder all connections and re-fit If the box cannot be opened then you'd need to get the diagram for the connector tbh and make new connections based on that, the wiring is...
  2. carl hammond

Replacement 2 piece brake issues

You can just replace the rotor with one of the same diameter and fitment to the ally carrier mate, not sure of the size you'd need as you'd need to measure up what you have , then just look inline for the size and fitment and order some, you can use many places, not sure if they still do them...
  3. carl hammond

What’s the best manifold?

Both are cheap copy items, don't get bogged down and set on the "I have to have a 3" system", get a quality one over the diameter and offers better flow and most importantly no drone throughout the rev range and remember it's not going to be life changing gains anyway that in real life are...
  4. carl hammond

Anyone know this DC5?

If the car's a good one don't let a number of owners put you off. This is something I learned the hard way when buying my Lotus. I didn't even consider a few cars as they had loads of owners, some more than 9, but it seems this is normal in the world of lotus etc (or common I guess not normal)...
  5. carl hammond

Anyone know this DC5?

Yeah been on a few trackdays with a few of the last owners of this car in the past, it was an ok car back them, from memory they both sold up reasonably quickly to move onto other brands
  6. carl hammond

ST225 to dc5

Correct Vtec in an oem car is circa 6200-6500rpm, however with a Kpro, K100 and a remap this can be changed. I had the K100 and when it's being mapped the vtec auto adjusted to the most optimal point (this is normally around the 4500-4800mark), I believe with a Kpro you maybe able to manually...
  7. carl hammond

ST225 to dc5

Very compliant vs some cars out there tbh, it's like the FD2 though oem suspension is crashy as bother were designed for the Japanese market and their far superior roads lol, all depends on where you live also, here in Kent the roads are on another level of awful these past few years :-(
  8. carl hammond

ST225 to dc5

Oem seats are nasty and uncomfy, a nice set of Recaro Pole Positions is life changing, however you loose the avail back seats that way :-( I used to run a Drivers PP and an oem Passenger seat so I could still access the rear when needed, but had both mounted on Bride rails, the best n the...
  9. carl hammond

ST225 to dc5

Love it, all part of the fun and learning experience mate, yeah luckily a mate of mine works independently for about 12 race teams now and used to work on Formula and Touring cars so knows his stuff so I just tell him how I want things setup and to react and he leads the way as I assist and...
  10. carl hammond

ST225 to dc5

Yeah drop me a pm and I will sent some links, the DC5 will carry more speed through the corners for sure but if you gfet one set the geo up according to your driving style. I prefer lift off oversteer to understeer and mine was setup by my friend and I specifically for my weight and me on...
  11. carl hammond

ST225 to dc5

Yeah I really like the look of the Focus's, sounds like yours is a well sorted car, the DC5 will not be anywhere near as pokey, even when moddified (unless you go supercharged or Turbo'd), but imo if you want a FI car then buy one that's FI out the box as the joy of owning an EK9, DC2, DC5, FD2...
  12. carl hammond

ST225 to dc5

I think it all really boils down to what you want, how you want to use it and what will make you happy. Myself and anyone else here can only really comment on our own experiences and thats all then based on our own findings, wants and needs. For me if I have an itch to scratch I will buy the...
  13. carl hammond

ST225 to dc5

I sold mine for 13.8k and sold within 12hrs in 2021, absolutely flawless example with many high end parts. The rest I stripped and sold and over doubled my money, the moneys in the parts nowadays lol
  14. carl hammond

ST225 to dc5

The DC5 is a good fun car, out the box they are OK, with some money spent they can be very fun but once you master them they can get boring fast. I had mine circa 5.5-6yrs from memory. I bought it as a bit of a project and thought I would attend shows, but after a restoration/repaint etc it was...
  15. carl hammond

ST225 to dc5

Incorrect, Oem DC5 suspension is miles worse than Bilsteins or pretty much any coilovers decent (not nasty cheap setups as they are just shocking quality). The reason being they are made for Japanese roads and so on our roads they are far worse and crashy. Bilstein are possibly the best road...
  16. carl hammond

Integra DC5 for sale white 91k

Moving this post to the cars for sale area of the forum and add pics - may help you sell it, however you have not added a price so this will be removed if not a complete advert by the forum rules
  17. carl hammond

Help identifying side skirts

Potentially custom items there
  18. carl hammond

front tow hook

I had mine there for a while, then passenger side, then drivers side and kept moving it about tbh, middle or just to the side of you have hardly anything protruding
  19. carl hammond

Suspension geometry/design

I echo what's been said above, and if you look through any of my build, geo posts or posts as a whole you'll see that I did my car stage by stage with testing of each change completed on track etc before making another changes to ensure the car was perfect and in my whole ownership building...
  20. carl hammond

front tow hook

I never had an issue but some MOT testers can be wombats, should be fine though, can't see any issues or why :)