Search results

1. carl hammond

Torque Specs

DC5 Wheel & Caliper Torque Specifications Wheel nut spec - M12 x 1.5 thread size, radius seat - R12, Size - 19 mm Hex Wheel nut torque spec - 112nm about 86lbft Caliper bolt torque spec - 149.1nm about 110 ft lbs DC5/EP3 Torque Specifications Suspension Front • 12mm top nut (1)...
  2. carl hammond

Autoglass part numbers for a replacement front screen.

Note: Generally autoglass will only come with a screen, the other trims will only be replaced if they break any upon removal and refitting. DC5 screen - 3995AGN Fitting seal - 3995ASMC Left hand plastic trim - 3995ASMCL Right hand plastic trim - 3995ASMCR
  3. carl hammond

How to install - KAP Industries Fire Extinguisher

To be honest this post isn’t really needed as it’s a simple task but I thought I’d post it anyway so others can do it quickly going forward: You will receive a few things: * Extinguisher * Extinguisher bracket * Seat bracket kit * Sticker Tools needed: Socket set with 14mm socket Cable ties...
  4. carl hammond

Mugen Showa Dampers anyone?

Just spotted these on ebay, Great setup and if you got the Spoon springs on them the cars stance, feel and feedback is superb both on and off track (as per my review in the link in my signature, thought i'd post up for anyone potentially in the market...
  5. carl hammond

Seat belt Re-fitting Nut & Washer Order/Guide

Although I didn‘t fully remove my seatbelts I did install a rear harness bar for a period of time which meant removing many of the nuts and washers from the seatbelts. Whilst I was removing everything I took pictures and notes of exactly what nuts and washers went where to make re-installation...
  6. carl hammond

Mugen Rear Mid Brace Installation Guide

As I have not seen a guide for this I thought I would put one up with some images of the process. I disn't take pictures of every step as my car was half stripped anyway and so the seat removal process and tools are just from memory but can be confirmed if needed. The rest of the job is simple...
  7. carl hammond

Test Fitting Wheels - Any advice on what may work?

Hi all, I am not that clued up with the fitment of wheels, all I know is that I currently have a few sets of OEM wheels and they are on without spacers and no rolled arches etc. OEM I believe are 17" by 7J with an ET of 60, I run 215/45/17 at present on my road set (trying to wear them out)...
  8. carl hammond

Surface Rust / Civic Type R EP3

Hi all, I am looking at various cars for a cheap run around and have never had an EP3. Does anyone know the best way to treat / sort a small amount of surface rust around the edges of the chassis plate/plaque found on the top of the strut in the engine bay as a car my friend is selling cheap has...
  9. carl hammond

Catalytic Converter

Hi all before I look to sell it to someone who wanted one does anyone here know much about Catalytic Converters, what they should look like inside etc. Reason I ask is that it came with the car but has never been fitted in my ownership and the guy I bought the car off said Romain told him he...
  10. carl hammond

Suspension Reviews:

To help other owners with certain goals I thought I‘d put together this detailed review of the suspension setups I‘ve personally used on my DC5. My setups to date: 1st - OEM 2nd - Mugen Dampers & Spoon Springs 3rd - Bilsteins PSS9 B16 Coilovers 4th - Area Motorsport version (Track Focussed...
  11. carl hammond

If selling (OEM form or Modded)

Ok guys year three of ownership and I love the car, however I have a potential opportunity for a project I really want (if the car's in the condition I have been told it's in) and although I would not have to sell the DC5 I think I would so I could buy a second car (aside form the project) which...
  12. carl hammond

Superpro Caster bushes

Not a guide as such but the answer to a commonly asked question. People have fitted these as shown both ways in the below image however although this isn‘t the end of the world Superpro have confirmed to me that the best and preferred way is as per the left. Mine are fitted so anyone...
  13. carl hammond

Track Rod End Boots

Does anyone know the size of or where to buy DC5 fitment track tod end boots instead of complete track rod ends. Mine were a little damaged when removing them and fitting my new suspension but I want to get new boots on them in case I ever need to re-fit any other suspension and so would need...
  14. carl hammond

Passenger side front top mount bearing

Hi all so it seems I need a new top mount bearing (as shown in the image below) and was wondering if anyone could help with a part number so I can see if my local Honda dealer has one as the top mount metal and rubbed part seems fine just the bearings a bit knackered. Anyone able to help as...
  15. carl hammond

Mugen VS AEM Long Arm & a bit of a what's it worth post

Hi all, I have a Mugen intake on the way. I currently run an AEM long arm in the bumper with a Hydroshiled (and although the AEM sounds epic etc) I am trying to bring the noise from the cars induction down as much as I can to be sure I can do any and every trackday I want without an issue (inc...
  16. carl hammond

Bilstein Top Mounts

Hi all, As the Bilstein setup's do not have the adjustable camber top mounts I was wondering if anyone knows if it's even possible to have the additional adjustability added to the Bilsteins and if so where you can buy top mounts that would work with them to allow the additional adjustability...
  17. carl hammond

Stereo with built in or loadable sat nav

Hi all having some issues with my stereo and was wondering if any of you have a stereo line mine that has a built in / loadable navigation system. Lines an android unit using an sd based say nav and this is an necessity for me as I don‘t use it want to use data and my phone to navigate...
  18. carl hammond

Creaky / Squeeky Clutch Pedal

Hi all First time I‘ve used the car in ages tonight and noticed the clutch pedal had a bit of a Creaky / Squeeky noise, anyone else had his and got any idea of what it could be or how to get rid of it. Thanks
  19. carl hammond

Greenlight best contact

Hi all, who is the best person to contact and speak to at Greenlight as I have heard mixed reviews and want to give them a shot at my business again, they have not been competitive for the past 2 years but you never know and I will never not try them as I have faith they will one day quote me...
  20. carl hammond

Any IT Guru's able to help me with a Laptop issue

Basically my partner got a laptop about 2yrs ago and it's hardly been used. HP Laptop, running Windows 10. Sunday she went to turn it on for the first time in about 3 months and it wook over 30 mins to load, then nothing would work once loaded and it crashed. Turned it back on and it came up...