Search results

1. V

Where to buy a new zohst?

Sorry guys, asked this question twice, the other threads here: http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23689-best-place-to-buy-new-exhaust/page__p__233401__fromsearch__1#entry233401 I couldn't see it in the "my content" section first time I posted so thought it hadn't worked...
  2. V

Where to buy a new zohst?

Hi chaps, Anywhere you could recommend that I can get a Kakimoto Regu 06&R from? I'm fed up of waiting for one to become available second hand :) Cheers :)
  3. V

Rattle @ 6krpm

Thanks for the ideas guys, I'll give them all a check... Thing is it does sound distinctly like the sound is literally just behind the panel I mentioned, although as we all know it can be very deceiving... Bloody Type-R'attle :evil:
  4. V

Rattle @ 6krpm

Hi guys, Before I start taking things apart and pulling my hair out, thought I'd check noone had experienced something similar and could save me some time... So, at around 6k, either going up or coming down, I can hear a rattle which is like someone has put a screw in a small metal cup and put...
  5. V

Battery Part No.

Hi chaps... Just thought I'd give you a heads up, I needed a new battery so rang Dave @ Steels Honda (as you do) and he advised that although he can't post them out, he recommended I go to my local dealership and grab one of these: 31500SMGE02 for £54.24+VAT Its not the original DC5 battery...
  6. V

People trying to race all time now

If you're ever at the lights next to a wannabe racer, rev the engine, edge forward a few times, get them all riled up then on green... casually turn left and watch them fly off down the road on their own :D
  7. V

Bridgestone RE070s

Now I'm very conscious that when we spend money on things we almost convince ourselves of an increase in performance etc... However, if I'm not mistaken these tyres are seriously grippy :shock: Even in this weather, the difference (if i'm not imagining it) to my old T1Rs is phenomenal! So...
  8. V

Snow vs DC5

Well, I no longer have the shocking-in-the-snow Toyo T1Rs on my 5, I've changed to even-worse-in-the-snow RE070s :D Bring on the nice weather, can't wait to give the new shoes a thrashing 8)
  9. V

Chris Knott - Attention if you're under 30

They've just sent me my renewal last week... I'm 27...
  10. V

Just Bought the Pioneer Avic-F900BT Entertainment GPS unit

the F710 is the cheaper (non-DVD) version of the F910 ;)
  11. V

Importers & Under-Sealing

It cost me £200 but thats because it hadn't been undersealed properly in the first instance - There was only superficial rust but nonetheless it needed fully cleaning before slapping on a load of new underseal ;)
  12. V

which is the better quick shift b/m or the buddy club??

Haven't tried a BC one but I have a B&M in my 5 and its awesome, however imo its far too expensive for what it is... I think the BC is better bang for buck no?
  13. V

Rain great!!!! So what do I do now?

if your paintwork is still proper clean then you'll be fine to seal her up ;) if not for whatever reason just give her a quick wash and dry then wax... can't really imagine anything that would warrant another session with the polish since you haven't driven anywhere...
  14. V

mirrors fold when locked

I'm sure you've thought it through bud, and the electrical advice is all sound, but do you really want them to close on locking all the time? The reason I ask is that I went through the same process looking into how it was possible, but actually decided against it for 2 reasons... 1) I don't...
  15. V

found the perfect facelift dc5 thanks bob

so jcamerz... did C2BDB leave you with a standard reg and half a number plate holder? #-o
  16. V

found the perfect facelift dc5 thanks bob

Welcome :) - very nice car you've taken ownership of there 8)
  17. V

Short Shifter running in

Yeah a lot of people have said the same, which is why they were on my list of stuff to get done at TGM... Due to a problem with some suspension components becoming seized due to shoddy under sealing (long story but all A1 now) I had the car lowered and then had a wait of about a month while Tom...
  18. V

Short Shifter running in

While I was first reading this thread I was thinking surely theres quite a big difference otherwise people wouldn't justify >£200 to "go short", yet people are saying after a short while they can't really tell... Well, I'm in the same boat, I paid my money and after the initial day or so when...
  19. V

K20s & Higher Octanes - Back Me Up!

Re: K20s Higher Octanes Back Me Up ... eh?
  20. V

Keepin With The Red & Carbon Theme

the only wheel i would ever change to is one of those small Momo Tuners with the red stitching, saying that i just wouldn't since the OEM one is so nice :) I had one in my DC2: Still have a warm feeling inside when I look at pics of my old dc2... shame really the guy who had it after me...