Search results

1. V

Where to buy a new zohst?

Hi chaps, Anywhere you could recommend that I can get a Kakimoto Regu 06&R from? I'm fed up of waiting for one to become available second hand :) Cheers :)
  2. V

Rattle @ 6krpm

Hi guys, Before I start taking things apart and pulling my hair out, thought I'd check noone had experienced something similar and could save me some time... So, at around 6k, either going up or coming down, I can hear a rattle which is like someone has put a screw in a small metal cup and put...
  3. V

Battery Part No.

Hi chaps... Just thought I'd give you a heads up, I needed a new battery so rang Dave @ Steels Honda (as you do) and he advised that although he can't post them out, he recommended I go to my local dealership and grab one of these: 31500SMGE02 for £54.24+VAT Its not the original DC5 battery...
  4. V

Bridgestone RE070s

Now I'm very conscious that when we spend money on things we almost convince ourselves of an increase in performance etc... However, if I'm not mistaken these tyres are seriously grippy :shock: Even in this weather, the difference (if i'm not imagining it) to my old T1Rs is phenomenal! So...
  5. V

Speed Bumps & Councils

Out of interest, has anyone ever had their complaints heard (and taken onboard) when complaining about things to their respective councils? Basically, there is a table junction or whatever the hell its called (a raised speed bump area on a T-Junction) on my estate, which I catch my front lip on...
  6. V

Toyo R1Rs... Anyone?

Just wondering if anyone had slapped any of these babies onto your rims? ( christ that could be taken out of context :shock: ) They are a cross between T1Rs and R888s... Anyone had a go? do they last longer than like a month? I'm going to be in the market soon so I'm just looking at whats...
  7. V

Stock -> Lowered -> FRS

As I mentioned in another post, due to a problem with a siezed bolt when I went to TGM for my FRS the guys only got as far as lowering it on the Eibach Pro-Kit springs... Anyway, this has given me the opportunity to drive the car with the new springs and not the extra geometry bits and bobs...
  8. V

Does a parcel shelf reduce cabin noise?

Out of interest, has anyone found that sticking in a parcel shelf makes it a bit quieter in the car? My dc5 is stock so the engine is not that noisy but the road noise from the tyres generally means people in the back can't hear the people in the front talking :lol: Plus my first-born is due in...
  9. V

Importers & Under-Sealing

Ok, so yesterday I made a 300 mile trip to take my facelift 5 into TGM to get some bits done (including a Mugen Lip Kit which looks *high pitched voice* sweeeeeeeeeet), and on the agenda was a FRS... This basically didn't get completed (right now its lowered on the Eibach springs but thats all)...
  10. V

which wax?

at the moment i use AutoGlym SRP and follow up with the matching Gloss Protection stuff... however, its seems quite thin and the "beading" only lasts a short while... also used Meguiars Tech Wax and this to me is very similar... is there a thicker wax which will give better protection but which...
  11. V

My Sexy New Key!

So, I had a Clifford AvantGuard installed so no longer had a need for the big chunky 2-button key - so I wanted a nice simple version... Spoke to Dave @ Steels, and bought a bog standard blank, I then spend a bit of time with a sharp knife transplanting the red H for the black one, then had it...
  12. V

Where & Where Not To Go...

After just reading a thread about one chap having a particularly bad experience with a body shop - I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread where we can recommend the good places and deter folks from the bad... good idea? I'll start, then I can update the original post as more people add...
  13. V

Dash trim replacement?

So, this is gonna sound like i'm being really pedantic, but when some previous owner of my 5 has taken the stereo out, they have damaged the soft dash trim surround... I'm sure you all know what I mean, its what would happen if you thought you could get the stereo out with a flathead screwdriver...
  14. V

All about the sound...

So, I'd like my 5 to have a bit more beef when it comes to the soundtrack :twisted: If you had to put which parts make the most difference in order, what would that order be? I've got my mind set on getting a Kakimoto Regu 06&R exhaust, so hopefully exhaust is top of the list :D Would it be...
  15. V

Torque steer...

Hey chaps, just wondering what your opinions are on the DC5 when it comes to torque steer? I find when accelerating out of a corner, especially if you hit vtec, you have to hold the wheel bloody tight with your right hand... its something I'm still getting used to as it never felt like that in...
  16. V

Pioneer F-Series... anyone really know their stuff?

Is there any folks on here that really know what they're on about when it comes to the Pioneer F-Series units? I have an F710BT that got a bit borked after I did a firmware update... I can boot into Windows CE and swap files around and all that, I just need a helping hand to get it all up and...
  17. V

Foglight Switch Connection?

Hey chaps, Currently I have a pretty standard nothing-special maplins type fog light switch and wanted a proper honda switch, so... spoke to Dave @ Steels... And got this :) So, before I dig around behind the dash and try to install this, will it slot straight in or are there additional...
  18. V

got a nooooob question for ya:

what are: • engine mounts • torque dampers & • bushes and why would you want to upgrade them? what advantages would you see? just deciding on which subtle upgrades I would like to do - having a FRS soon, and as soon as one pops up i'll get a cat-back but thats just for the sound as i'm...
  19. V

facelift rear lights moisture problem?

how do chappies anybody had problems with liquid in the rear lights of your facelift 5? did you have to drill holes?
  20. V

Striking a balance - which "quiet" zohst?

I'd quite like to get some better sounds from my 5, I would like a chunkier sound when out of vtec but not necessarily loads louder, but happy for it to go all "go compare" when over 6000 ;) From what I've read, for what I want its all about the Kakimoto and Fujitsubo exhausts... could anyone...