Search results

1. dave c

Slip and Grip Summer Touge in Wales

Here's a Audi S1 going up and over the mountain: https://youtu.be/IK4NxAjyyGc Also a Civic Vs Civic Battle: https://youtu.be/QiR73SkTLw4 As far as I know its still going ahead. It is an awesome event, its worth it just for the roads on the way there and back but then you have a stage to fly up...
  2. dave c

Turbo Dc5 review.

Awesome car, love the way the build has come on, sweet video too, got a good sense of how quick it is 8)
  3. dave c

bedford 4th of march

Just a head up incase you didn't know, it's actually a really low noise limit there so be warned, I got black flagged after only 4laps a month ago :(
  4. dave c

Daily Drive - Bilstein B16 Coilovers or OEM Springs

Just had a set of B16's fitted to mine on Tom's advice, only driven home in them but they feel much like the eibach coilers that they replaced, which is a good thing. Will take it for a spirited drive this weekend once all the brakes have bedded in. Whats the view on adjustment / settings for...
  5. dave c

Rota Fighters with spacers?

I didn't measure them i'm afraid, went to sling the winter wheels on and it wouldn't sit flush so whipped it off and went without the spacer
  6. dave c

Rota Fighters with spacers?

My 17x9 ET50 Rota Fighers DON'T fit over my 15mm eibach hubcentric spacers. Tried it on Sunday and the recess on the back of the wheel isn't deep enough Not sure on specifics ie 8/9 width, 15/20mm spacers but i know that mine don't fit and my "guess" would be that they are all the same
  7. dave c

Gearbox - 300+ ftlb

Dave (black FL) went for an Mfactory gearset supplied and fitteed at TGM IIRC, JDC5 did the same and then i think uprated again when he upped the power. To be fair it depends how you drive them, drive it with mechanical sympathy and it will last well, drive it without and you will have...
  8. dave c

DC5 rolled at Snett last night...

Sorry to be nosey but, who's was it ? Looks a bit like Kaho's
  9. dave c

DC5 rolled at Snett last night...

Thats bad! I wonder if they hit a barrier and flipped... as above, glad to hear the driver got out ok
  10. dave c

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

had a go at light painting.. came out alright so i'll be trying some more soon i reckon
  11. dave c

Km or miles?

Actually i'm not 100% on that one thinking about it as my cars always pass MOT so never really had the need to check.
  12. dave c

Km or miles?

KM's are fine in the UK there is no legal requirement to change them over and its a nice original touch imo
  13. dave c

One of the most expensive dc5 I've spotted

I'd value mine at about £15-17K personally
  14. dave c

The most NA power achievable?

:xaiweb6: AWESOME! Wonder what the spec is?
  15. dave c

to answer your first question i think 300bhp is probably the limit before things start to have a very short shelf life but if mapped well (Paul @ Tdi for example) then there isn't any reason why it couldn't be a daily however the engine wouldn't be as smooth around town as a stock motor. you're...
  16. dave c

K24 will give better torque because of the increased displacement think of your K20 being 2L of milk and the K24 being 2.4L of milk - put very very simply, more is better! They use the K20 head as i understand it flows the air in and out better so is therefore more efficient. Hence the term...
  17. dave c

How often do you consider selling?

Couldn't agree more with this, if you have an itch, scratch it. put perfectly above
  18. dave c

How often do you consider selling?

I thought about selling mine about 4 years ago (owned it since 2007) and couldn't find anything else i liked to replace it with so turbocharged it and never looked back. I do think about it still as i have a few other cars but still can't bring myself to do it. Such a rewarding car to drive and...
  19. dave c

What tyres do you use?

As Dave said above, the 888's have awesome wet weather grip
  20. dave c

What tyres do you use?

Yes I'm 100% sure I wouldn't have said it otherwise ;) Just as you stated later on in this thread, as an all rounder i think the RE070 is the outright winner. Remember that these are road cars and thats what most people use them for so its not all about out and out grip every time. R888's are...