Search results

1. S

how da hell he manage to kill a dc5 itr???

have u guys checked out this on ebay! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-HONDA-INTEGR ... dZViewItem how da hell did this manage to happen, killing a bullet proof engine? could be numberous things why this happened but my guess didnt top up the engine oil siezed it up big style that can only be the...
  2. S

any1 here had a accord type r and now a dc5 owner?

hello, any1 who had a accord type r and now a dc5 how do you compare these 2 cars? in terms of power, handling, ride quailty etc would be interested in this
  3. S

spoon drop in filter

hello, from day one i didnt want to do too many mods on the dc5 wanted to keep it standard looking as poss. past exepriences in modding other cars ive driven has lead to reliablily issues as well as effecting my wallet lol. anyway just got a spoon drop in filter recently and would like to...
  4. S

Accord type r recaro fit dc5 ?

hi, anyone know if the accord type r recaro fit the dc5 type r?
  5. S

Best oil filters for dc5?

Hello, Just a quick post has anyone else used those k & n oil filters? I purchased 3 of them and they great stuff! In the past ive used mugen oil filters and the smaller sized honda oil filter which suppose to reduce oil surging and keep pressure up but these k & n are the dogs. Guys I can...
  6. S

ITR DC5 using castrol gtx 10w-40 no probs what so ever

hello, im using castrol gtx magnatex semi sythetic 10w-40 in my loved dc5 and there no probs I have what so ever, the way I see it is using a dc5 your going to change oil often. With castrol gtx mag. there is a reasonable cost engine oil which is also good quailty. So as long as you dont put...
  7. S

DC5 CRAP in towing other cars!

hello, any of you guys used their dc5 trying to tow other cars? I tell ya the dc5 is pretty poor in doing so . Bro's porsche boxster was parked outside house for ova 4 weeks whilst he was away on hols. Came back and the batt. was completely flat tried jump starting it but no luck so ended up...
  8. S

What kinda cleaning products people use on yr dc5's?

Hello was wondering what kinda cleaning products actually use on their pride and joys waxes polishing creams etc myself I make my own car wax which is made up of refined bees wax, refined white Carnauba Paste Wax, coconut oil , pine oil and terps this makes the car gleam and gives it a very...
  9. S

Urgently need advice 9years NCB expired trying to insure DC5

Hello guys again! Need some advice on a situation im in. Recently I purchased a ITR DC5 thinking I have maxed out NCB of 9 years had a quote from AF for £835 which I thought was good especially for the area code tried a plan and they quoted me £1250 pouds which I thought was way out...
  10. S

DC5 2001 REG engine whinning engine noise & cam timming

Hello, Im a new member on this :) nice to meet you all fellow ITR owners! Just picked up a 51 plate honda 28k miles on the clock but im worried about some noises under the bonnet it seems when driving in low gears and slow speed im hearing a strange noise hard to discribe but its a kinda...