Search results

1. N

What's it worth

Assume the bottom end needs replacing. 6k? :shock:
  2. N

What's it worth

Let's say, for argument's sake, someone had a DC5 with a blown engine, what kind of hit would they take to the value if they wanted to sell as-is? Let's assume the car was a 52 plate Silver 41,000 miles some minor external blemishes had a very nice touchscreen dvd stereo/ Ipod/ reversing...
  3. N

Engine Blown!

Can't see that site without registering (does anyone else find sites that do that annoying?) Is it a DC5 engine or a CTR engine? Can anyone tell me if there's any difference between them apart from the ECU? If they're the same I guess that would make finding a used engine easier.
  4. N

Engine Blown!

I'm arranging an inspection now, ideally I want to get this done before speaking to the dealer so I have some idea of what happened. I know the dealer will simply say "bring it in and we'll have a look", after which they will say "not our fault". If I can get home at a decent time tonight I...
  5. N

Engine Blown!

Ok I took a lot but it was quite dark and I was firing the camera blind mostly. These 2 seem most relevant as you can see what looks like a hole, and in the second you can see the sump plug. Here are the rest, I apologise if some are useless: http://www.hansons.f2s.com/109_0958.JPG...
  6. N

Engine Blown!

Yes filter is still in place, I will try and get some pics!
  7. N

Engine Blown!

Ok, just checked and oil drain plug is still there. I was kind of hoping it wouldn't be in order to get an easy answer, but the plot thickens I guess.
  8. N

Engine Blown!

Filter is still in place, haven't checked the sump plug yet. I was accelerating in VTEC at the time and it certainly wasn't an overrev. I think physical evidence should back that up?
  9. N

Engine Blown!

Thanks! An independent assessor who can come to me is what I need, I'm happy to pay as long as they are good. If you could send me their details I would appreciate it. I'm not sure I want to dump the car at the dealer just yet, I want to make sure that they are responsible first. I don't want...
  10. N

Engine Blown!

Got home 20 mins ago, has cost me £405 via the AA (who were very good to be fair) to get home.... I don't want to name and shame just yet until I have spoken to them, but it was carried out by a Honda dealer, they did the previous service too. Mine was the first DC5 they had seen. I will be...
  11. N

Engine Blown!

I'm currently sitting with my girlfriend in Trowell services on the M1 after my engine decided to blow up while in lane 3. A huge bang, oil light on, an lots of oil and debris falling out my car :shock: Absolutely no doubt about it, the engine is destroyed. Now waiting for the AA to charge me...
  12. N

Just got back from viewing a DC5

Don't bother with an alarm they are a waste of money. As long as it has an immobiliser, which they all have to have to pass the SVA, you will be fine. How often do you hear a car alarm and go running to see what it is? All they do is drain the battery and cause electrical problems. Anyone who...
  13. N

Absolutely Gutted!

Gutting! It's a shame when people don't understand the car. Wide tyres on a light car are a major factor in aquaplaning - I wrote my S2000 off in just such a way (hit a huge puddle on the M20 at legal speeds and went into the barrier). The car I was behind - Seat Leon I think - went through at...
  14. N

Black Interior to Red

It's all a matter of taste, but I prefer the red myself. I think it also carries over the Type R branding (with the red R and the red Honda badges), which might explain its popularity? Black is a bit 'normal' for me. I had full red on my S2000 as well (including the dash ) and loved it. I...
  15. N

Fitting O2 (A/F) Sensor

Part fitted and CEL gone - Honda charged me 38 bloody quid though :mad: Daylight robbery I tells ya!
  16. N

Fitting O2 (A/F) Sensor

Had it not been going in tomorrow anyway I would probably have sorted it, but seeing as they will have the car for a few hours anyway it just wasn't worth it. I'm basically being lazy :lol:
  17. N

Fitting O2 (A/F) Sensor

Couldn't manage it, was too difficult to unplug with my big hands and I didn't have a 22mm spanner - thought an adjustable wrench would work but it doesn't fit. Very fiddly job so I'm going to let the dealer do it when it goes for a service on Tuesday. :|
  18. N

Fuel

Well if that's the case then it probably is worth it- but he hasn't said that in any of his posts. :?
  19. N

Fuel

The cost of a programmable ECU and then having it mapped would far outweigh any cost benefits of running on cheaper fuel. As an aside, my (UK) S2000 had a sticker in the fuel door that said it had to be run on premium 97RON fuel, not 95 - so I would never think of running a car mapped for...
  20. N

Fitting O2 (A/F) Sensor

Good idea mate, £175 for a new one! :shock: Seems to be very common, I wonder if it's because the ECU is programmed with Japanese petrol in mind.