Search results

1. P

Servicing

You think 300 was bad, you should have seen the quote a local Honda dealer gave, not that I had any intention of going to a dealer, was just curious. As usual, the labour is the most expensive part, I think a fair amount of the time is taken up by the tappets. Either way, its done with now and...
  2. P

Servicing

Just had mine serviced today at System R, 50k service, it cost £300 and am very happy with everything they did.
  3. P

Toad Alarm Problems

ive had the same 4 beeps mate, its only happened a couple of times and ive put it down to the gales we were having at the time. you can try disabling the ultrasonics and see if it still goes off. sorted me out for a couple of nights and ive had no bother with it since. there does seem to be an...
  4. P

Car vandalised last night

never any excuse for things like this, i can only imagine how devastated you must be, I know I was a couple of weeks back and I only got a keyscratch. time to step up security i think!
  5. P

Need a sticker ;)

I just bought one this week for my CW teg from Dave at Steels, altogether, including P&P it was £25.91. Unit cost of the decal is £21.30
  6. P

I want to buy a dc5 HELP!!!

I bought my teg off Andy and it was a pleasure to do so. Was a bit aprehensive myself at first but he came up tops and if you do a bit of searching around this forum, you will find many a happy customer of his im sure. Very nice guy too.
  7. P

Toad ai606 Alarm

mine very rarly beeps but if you figure it out, let me know. It always beeps if the alarm has been goin off and i unlock and lock again but other than that, it seems pretty random. might have a play with it this weekend
  8. P

Toad ai606 Alarm

got this alarm too, again, Andy had it fitted. does the job and had no problems. got the same intermittant beep/flash behaviour as p3eps but its straight forward enough. 2 buttons, top on locks and unlocks, if you press the bottom one straight after you lock, the ultrasonics will be disabled...
  9. P

Alpine IVA W200

Im expecting a literary kicking of some w200 owners for writing this but here goes anyway, I bought an alpine w200 from china (they use the same frequencies so no expander needed), while i do really like this unit, im not as impressed with it as i thought i would be, considering the RRP on these...
  10. P

Forum url stickers

black one for me please too, cheers
  11. P

how many you guys brought from Andy 200BHPcars.com ?

i did too. nice fella
  12. P

200bhpcars?

Bought my teg off Andy in october, two thumbs up for him, had no problems and the car has been fanastic (touch wood). Would not hesitate to go back to him in the future.
  13. P

Do you belt up?

Always belt up. TBH, it feels strange if im in a car without one on. Lets face it people, what great loss is it not to wear it? Takes seconds, proven to save lives, and lets not forget, its the law.
  14. P

A/F Primary O2 Sensor Group Buy

as a firm believer in being proactive, ill take one too nice work too mate, thanks
  15. P

hesitation on accelerating

Changed my plugs today (they were pretty messed up) and switched to bp ultimate petrol with a shot of STP. So far, everything seems to be going much better. Will probably do a little test with vpower once i get through this tank.
  16. P

i was gonna give them a ring too and get booked in sometime. will wait to see what you come up with though. if you can kepp me/us informed, would be very much appreciated
  17. P

ive got a ver similar problem to this mate and it came on after using vpower, had no probs with bp ultimate. mine does this at lower revs but also, the accelerator now seems to have a sharp biting point at the start, not sure if that makes any sense to anyone but i know what i mean. really not...
  18. P

Child Seats

Although this technically does not have anything to do with the DC5, the principles can be applied. A little over a week ago, my ex partner was driving our daughter into town when she was involved in a car accident. Due to, what appeared to be an incorrectly installed child seat, we have lost...
  19. P

Andy - 200bhpcars

I did get a lead to fit no problems, only thing missing now is a surround for the radio, the one it came with doesnt fit at all, if anyone knows a suitable way round this it would be gratefully recieved.
  20. P

Andy - 200bhpcars

Bought my teg from Andy at 200bhpcars.com, one of the nicest and most patient fellas you will ever meet. I must say im thoroughly impressed with every aspect of the transaction. Having never been one for rational thinking, I paid for the car up front before seeing it (was inbound at the time)...