Search results

1. V

Do you know this DC5?

Need some advice guys... My brother is thinking of part exchanging/ selling his Audi TTS. We've always been a fan of the dc5....Only started looking around for a good part exchange value for the TTS (was bought brand new from Audi Mayfair and full service history)... Is the owner of this dc5...
  2. V

my first ride in a dc5!!!

Just got back from the ride .....(need new underwear now...) 1st thing.....wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... Always wanted a dc5....read lots of good stuff about it on here....but i bought a 335i instead....just because on paper it "sounded" better with 306bhp and being rear wheel drive....but...
  3. V

Passenger ride in a dc5?

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a passenger ride in their standard dc5? I'm in South east london....around canada water and surrey quays.... never been in a dc5 before.... :xcry:
  4. V

dc5 v/s clio 182

There is a massive debate going in another forum and i wanted to know what you guys thought..... which car is faster on track and on a straight...the dc5 or the clio 182?
  5. V

Any risks with going on a dyno?

Hi I was thinking of getting my car on a dyno, to check what bhp I'm getting and get some figures... I was wondering if there are any risks when taking my car on a dyno? Any potential damages or risks? Reason I'm asking is because I've read on another forum about a damage to the suspension...
  6. V

Advice needed on new car!!!

alright, my brother just passed his driving test and hes 24... hes lookin for a sports car now...( 0-60 in less than 6secs and 200bhp+) What would you guys recommend? Main concern is insurance!!! had a quote from money supermarket...£4k circa for fully comp on a 08 UK civic type R!!! £5k...
  7. V

QUICK PRICE/ VALUE UPDATE FOR THE DC5

Hi, I would like to know what would be the price/ value of a 2003/2004 Black/ Silver DC5 with around 40k on the clock. (usual full service history and auction grade 4 or above, standard, c pack etc) I got quoted £12k from a dealer. is this about right?
  8. V

Racing technique

Not an illegal street racing thread...but I just saw the whole series of Initial D and got inspired! Got a few question about racing technique applicable to the DC5...what technique should be used to get the best out of the car when cornering as obviously, drifts are out of question since...
  9. V

19'inch Rage UK Civic Type R wheels

hi everyone, will the 19'inch Rage UK Civic Type R (new UK version) wheels fit? any opinions on the performance and how the handling will be affected on the dc5?
  10. V

Super charger and Turbo dc5

Not really, into big mods. But could you guys just briefly explain what is a super charger and turbo upgrade? is it the same thing as an engine replacement ie, putting a new engine in the dc5? or if its just an "addition" , how does it affect the vtec engine? ps this post was inspired by...
  11. V

How to protect the dc5 from thieves?

Hi guys! was wondering how efficient is the standard security immobiliser on the teg and what would be the most effective and simplest way to protect the dc5. Anyone could recommend me any alarm systems which is simple to install or maybe how efficient are these steering wheel locks? couldn't...
  12. V

DC5 CAR RENTING FOR 1 DAY

Hi everyone! was wondering if anyone knew where i could rent a dc5 (standard ie no mods) for a day or a few days. I know there are loads of companies where i can rent supercars like ferraris and Lambo, but not really interested in those. Many thanks. Ps i'm willing to pay for £100 a day.
  13. V

DC5 VIDEO

Hi everyone!!! can anyone give me the link to that dc5 video with keiichi tsukiya....he was test driving the dc5 and promoting the dc5 when it came out. it was on you tube but i can't find it anymore. thanks guys.
  14. V

DC5 VS S2000

Hi everyone!!! dunno if this has been covered before...but i'd like to know whos gona win on this one....dc5 is a front wheel drive and the other is a rear wheel drive with more BHP....what do u guys fink about the s2000 and how does it compare to the dc5? comparing both cars standard with no...
  15. V

TOP 5 JAPANESE CARS

hi guys! would like to kno in wat league is the dc5 ? altho it can compete with m3 and boxters, it is not in their category.SO in what category is the dc5 in? and to what cars can we compare it? (gti?, s2000?, rx7-8,suppras?) n if you could also give me ur top 5 jap cars....thanks!
  16. V

18 inch pictures and brands!!!

HI everyone!!!....could you guys please post some pictures of ur 18 inch rims n the name of the brands pls. (or send me some link of pics)and also i would like to know whats the lightest and best 18 inch rims in terms of performance...price is not an issue for me. thank u all for ur help!!!...
  17. V

ADVICE ON BUYING A DC5!!! PLS HELP!

hello everyone!!!....i would like to get some advice on buying a dc5. can anyone pls help me out, on where could i get a reliable company/seller. i don't mind paying a higher price as long as i kno that the car is in "good" shape. I don't want a modified dc5, i want a completely standard car...