Search results

1. V

a question for the yanks - shops in CA with DC5/RSX parts

im going on holiday to CAlifornia soon (5th oct) and we fly into san francisco and make our way down the pacific coast highway to los angeles with a long trip to grand canyon in between :shock: as the wife and mother in law will be gorging themselves in cheap clothes shops etc i want to...
  2. V

front stick on plate placement? middle or offset?

oh man i cant decide!!! got my stick on plate here and cant decide if i shoudl go middle or offset... Jayk's was one of the first DC5's i fell in love with and i liked the offset plate... just cant decide... please poll your results... 8)
  3. V

wasnt gonna bother with R888's until....

i got a price from a local Toyo tyre dealer and he wants £115 all in fitted for 215/45/17's.... only £30/tyre cheaper than online at say R888.co.uk so now im in a dilemma that the R888's are available for teh same money as say RE050's do i want a super sticky 5k mile tyre or a less...
  4. V

brake bleeding guide

Ok I did a search on brake bleeding and got a small amount of info relating to the fact that the DC5 brembos have 2 bleed nipples per caliper. One on the inside, ne on the outside. Bleeding the inners nipples first. Now, im replacing all pads at weekend and I want to change fluid too. In the...
  5. V

interesting parts prices from the dealer.

just called my local dealer - De Vries, stockton on tees - as i may need pads soon for the front (mental note to check them) prices were decent like (all plus VAT) pads Front = 38.30 rear = 29.79 discs front = 42.55 ea rear = 38.30 ea i also got cost for the grills that sit on teh front...
  6. V

standard brake cooling ducts?

My DC5 came with foglights that fit in th position of teh brake cooling ducts. the lights look OEM. i broke 1 light and considered ditching them in favour of the brake cooling ducts. i understand that these ducts are standard on dc5's correct me if im wrong. i looked underneath and coulnt...
  7. V

harness extension? any ideas?

anyone know where i can get an extension piece for my harness? i got a Schroth Rally 3 ASM 3 point harness form GPR direct when i had the DC2. it worked very well and the rear strap was mounted to the drivers side rear upper seatbelt fixing. now the only downside to this was the off-centre pull...
  8. V

Tow hooks

anyone know where we can get these over here? mugen front hook http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/merch ... e=TOW-HOOK mugen rear http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/merch ... e=TOW-HOOK i woudl like these for trackdays, not that i want to be in a position of needing to be towed but they are...
  9. V

going to USA, what should i bring back for the DC5?

hey guys im off to america for a holiday in october, getting a couple of big camper vans for a whole bunch of our family to bomb about in.... anyway what could i look for to bring back with me for teh DC5? what could i get in the case? a exhaust maifold? :lol: any serious advice welcome, and...
  10. V

Yoko Advan A046

can we get these over here from anywhere? i have them on my DC5 and there pretty good like i have about half tread so dont need a change yet but i wondere if we can get them...??? any help?
  11. V

croft 28th appril - some pics added....

Updated with some pics i got a CD from a pr photographer who was at croft. the originals ar 10mb each so these are well reduced but they still look decent . you get the idea anyway i turned up to a autometrix VW/Audi day at croft. my mate was playing in his R32 engined golf 4Mo and i was...
  12. V

Broken drivers side foglight

broke the lense on this over the course of my 1000 mile drive round scotland. can we get new lenses? any help appreciated...
  13. V

19 days with the DC5 and 2000 miles already

yep as title says, ive had it 19 days and driven about 2k miles... did a rallytrek.com weekend last weekend around scotland. covered 1035 miles over 3 days and returned 33mpg! well impressed. was in a group of mates who's cars included a TT quattro sport (the stripped out model with fixed...
  14. V

£475 F'Comp with A-Plan, 29 years old, full NCB no points

as some of you will know im about to jump from the ITR-DC2 forum to this one as my DC2 is selling and im buying the 44k mile DC5 from 200bhpcars. i got a few quotes and found A Plan to be the best at £475 comp, pro NCB, up to 10k miles per year, me and the wife insured well happy with that...
  15. V

DC2 going...DC5 on its way...

my dc2 is for sale on teh DC2 forum and i put a deposit on a DC5 that 200bhpcars is selling. cant wait like, hopefully i'll be with the new teg by the end of the month if anyone knows someone after a goodbargain DC2 get in touch