Search results

1. N

Fuel pump capacity for boosted Dc5

Depends if you have a return fuel line. With a walbro 255 and no return line it will max out at 360bhp. You need to get a 400 litre per hour to get past 360bhp. Also advised to run power direct from battery with relay so got a good power supply. If you have a return fuel line a walbro 255 is...
  2. N

Options for quieter exhaust?

Mugen twin loop only real quiet one. I rather loose a couple bhp and not have it embarrassingly loud.
  3. N

K20z in dc5 work?

Yeah forgot to say I was gonna use the dc5 throttle body and sensors. So is that the only difference ? I'm thinking it should just drop straight in . I have a kpro already.
  4. N

K20z in dc5 work?

Right I'm looking at a highly modified k20z engine. Will it work in the dc5 ? As far as I can tell the only difference is around the breather and water way on the front corner. If they are plumbed up correctly and with the correct inlet manifold will it run ok or does it have different...
  5. N

Fuel economy and better mpg?

The most I ever get is 32mph which for a 240 bhp car is very good and I have a spoon 5.1 final drive. Then if I drive it like I stole it . It will only do 22mpg which is still pretty good in my opinion. I also drive a brand new Astra 1.249 diesel turbo which does 32mpg when driving it heavy so...
  6. N

dyno disappointment

Seems about right for dyno dynamics rollers. They are the most consistent and accurate rollers out there and the most expensive. My car was pulling 199.9 at the wheels and 239 fly wheel. But that has all regular breathing mods plus kpro
  7. N

tps sensor fail by hitting the air con pipe ?!?

Euro spec said the only tps to use is Honda. They have had them after market ones fail. One failed after 1.5 miles on dyno. I just used a second hand Honda one. Car back to its former self.
  8. N

Tired and frustrated: idle help

I've had this twice now on two different cars. One was the Idle control system. ( which you tried) one was the throttle position sensor. But that had numerous other symptoms which I guess your not having. I know you cleaned the idle control valve but the electronics could have broke in it maybe...
  9. N

jackson supercharger throttle problems.please help

I just had that. New tps all ok now. Although did here the aftermarket ones don't last all that long and do cause problems some times. So it may come back sooner than u hope. Heard of one dying after 1.5 miles . So be aware with after market ones.
  10. N

mugen system

I had that on my dc 5 and it was more powerful than decat manifolds so it's not that restrictive. 253 hp on tdi North rollers (236 on dyno dynamics) I have one on my ep3 with a dc sports manifold and it's making 3hp more than the dc5 at 239 hp on dyno dynamics. It's a very good system and not...
  11. N

sick of tar removers not working! please help!

Autogleme never worked for me, clay bar all the way
  12. N

Sporty headlight washers! Optional extra!!!!

That is why to pass the sva test in uk they remove the hid units and put in standard bulbs for the sva test and initial mot then swap it back before they give you your care back. Useless information you wouldn't know unless you sva your car yourself.
  13. N

Tuned by Romain anyone?

Top tuner, started using him as closer to me than tdi north, both are very good IMO.
  14. N

power differences

That's about right, my dc5 made 253 on tdi north and 227 on dynodynamics so sounds spot on to me. I've also had it on dsa's dynodynamics and it matched eurospecs dynodynamics rollers. I also know that guy from cpl when he first got his dynodynamics installed years ago tested a car then drove to...
  15. N

Erratic Idle Problem - With Vids!

Have you sorted this yet ? mine started doing it after the kpro was fitted
  16. N

Spoon n1 + un-silenced bpipe

. It must have made you deaf then..... It's very very loud!!! Uncomfortable when you have passengers and especially on motorway
  17. N

Possible diff and clutch??

That pulling on acceleration drove me mad and cost me 4 tyres and 3 geomertry set ups. turned out to be play in the front shocks and mine had done about 80k miles.
  18. N

MOT Failure, Car off road, help needed!

You can go to or from a place of repair as long as it is a booked appointment without tax and MOT for the purpose of obtaining the repair to get the MOT. YOU MUST HAVE INSURANCE IN ALL CASES.
  19. N

Engine harness modification

Doing it properly and putting new harness in.
  20. N

Engine harness modification

I currently have 440 RC injectors wired into my harness. I want to put the standard ones back in along with the standard ECU but i dont have the orignal injector clips as they were damaged when they come off. What is the best way to get Standard honda clips back onto the harness? and is there...