Search results

1. C

Anyone fitted OEM 18" FN2 wheels to a DC5?

A title folks. If so can you post a pic? Got a set lined up to be refinished in CW but just want to be sure of what they'll look like. Being 7.5 / ET55 they should fit fine. Cheers in advance!
  2. C

Rays CE28N Japan Edition Time Attack wheels

Hi guys. Long time since I've been on here. Does anyone know if the wheels in the title are available from anywhere in DC5 fitment? They're the champ white ones with the red lip. They're supposedly discontinued but I thought someone might have a set still in stock or second hand. I may be...
  3. C

Back to a DC5?

Hello chaps. Not been on here in a while. I've had my Evo IX GT now for around 6 months and am starting to pine for another DC5... :roll: :lol: It's running 405BHP and is jaw droppingly quick but I still miss Hondas for some reason! I'd be looking for an absolutely spotless example of...
  4. C

Willy size comparison

Why not just get it over with and buy an Evo? 250BHP is more than suffice for a FWD car to maintain any level of finesse. If you do fit the SC I trust you'll be uprating the clutch, brakes etc to attempt to cope with the added torque / power?
  5. C

KPRO Map

On receiving my upgraded ECU from TDi North, Paul supplied me with a generic map to suit an induction kit and an exhaust (I have a Gruppe M and an unsilenced B-pipe). I've now ordered a TODA manifold but won't be able to get over for a full tune until possibly December. Paul says the current...
  6. C

Jap head unit issue

My facelift came with a Jap Alpine double DIN headunit (worth over £500 sterling!). Only problem is - the bandwidth expander doesn't work so I can't get Radio 1 and the like. Can anyone explain to me exactly how the units work? Maybe it's not wired in properly. Cheers.
  7. C

Which manifold?

Decisions, decisions.
  8. C

TODA manifold

Who's the cheapest in UK?
  9. C

Bodywork clips

Hi folks. I'm after some of the body work clips that hold on the underside of the front bumper. I seem to be missing a couple. Anyone aware of the Honda part number for these? Cheers!
  10. C

Any Facelift owners with a Gruppe M & Strut brace?

As the title says. I'm after a front strut tower brace, probably Tein but I need one that's going to accomodate my Gruppe M. Thoughts...?
  11. C

Exedy Stage 1 Racing Clutch

Anyone know much about these? Any use?
  12. C

My Rota Grids

Had these for a while now and I'm very happy with them. Rotas in general are really good value for money and I'd definitely recommend them. I know they're not actually TE37s but hey... The wife would kill me if I spent £1600 on a set of wheels :xsmachbottom: I think the flat black...
  13. C

KPRO - US - FACELIFT - IMMOBILISER

Really want to take the plunge next month and go for KPRO and a Toda header. Only problem is, mine is a facelift. I really don't want to upgrade my own ECU as I'd want to sell the ECU when the time comes to sell up and I'd imagine finding a replacement facelift ECU would be an absolute...
  14. C

Number plate holes

Can any pre facelift owners tell me the distance between the 2 holes for the bolts on the rear number plate and the distance from them to the bottom of the plate?
  15. C

My boot

The audiophiles will probably sneer at this but I've decided that a box is too space consuming and too heavy. Basically it's a 10" JBL sub on a square of MDF with a hole in the middle, sprayed satin black and bolted securely to my back seat. It actually sounds really well with my Infinity...
  16. C

Gear oil change

Changing my gear oil soon. 3 questions: Where is the gear oil sump plug? How do you gauge the oil level in the box (ie - how do you know when it's full)? Is there a better alternative to Honda's Manual Transmission fluid by Silkolene or Motul?
  17. C

Facelift strut tower brace

Any facelift owners running a Gruppe M with an additional strut tower brace? If so which one is most effective and clears the air box?
  18. C

Rear number plate surround

I've seen someone with one of these fitted. It was a carbon effect one I think and filled the gap outside each sides of the standard square plate on the rear. Are they available from anywhere? I've also removed the front number plate holder and got a reflective sticky one for the passenger side...
  19. C

Hoses, pads and fluid upgraded today

Goodridge hoses, Brembo LCF600 Plus fluid and Ferodo DS2500 pads. Feels good people. It's reassuring to know how efficiently I can stop now. I have just properly broke the pads in and the only niggle I have is brake squeal. It's only when I'm grinding to a halt at very low speed but annoying...
  20. C

Strange noise

I've been experiencing a strange noise recentley in my DC5. I've fitted my Gruppe M a month ago and sorted out the vibration between it and the strut brace with some pipe lagging. I've got another strange noise occuring now though. It happens when the steering is loaded slightly - say pulling...