Search results

1. M

Avoid Noel Dazely

I've been with them three years and I've had enough. Useless does not come close to describing these people. They leave it till the last week to discuss renewals and always mess about giving stupidly high quotes to come back in the dying mins with an okay one and trap you for another year with...
  2. M

After two years ownership I had to say bye

Shame, but two months after I bought the car the long term relationship I was in came to a messy end. Due to property being involved and my ex being an arse its been tight on the money front, but worth while holding out for two years of fun :green: if not just to piss her off. Alas the...
  3. M

Door suddenly off colour

My passenger door seems slightly off colour? I've had the car over two years and I know it wasn't like that. Any ideas as obviously I'm selling and despite being priced at 7.9k it could be a deal breaker. At this rate I'll be keeping the car as the hassle is beyond funny #-o Seems to have...
  4. M

People with carbon fibre - What anti oxidant/cleaner?

Spent a small fortune on product to try keep it gleaming and still failing. The polish and sealer seem to be okay, but its the first part I'm having trouble with as I can still see dirt, oxidant in the bonnet. I used a boat gel coat antioxidant paste at £15 for a small tub. What is everyone...
  5. M

Drivers side bulb issues

Few weeks back I noticed it was slightly weaker than the other side and then week later I had no light. I ordered some new bulbs (Ebay, didnt fancy £76 from honda) and I had to drive a couple of times in the dark whilst waiting for them to show with one light. They show up and I get in the car...
  6. M

Will this strut brace fit?

Just thought I'd ask as on the thread next to this a forum member has told me this bar will not fit, but I'm having difficulty understanding why lol http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=2210 Sure it's an RSX in the pic, but I thought the shell was pretty much the same dimensions and the...
  7. M

cobra alarm being naughty - Keeps going off after arming

Started yesterday. Came back to car after shopping and disarmed. Did that noice and a couple of flashes to tell me alarm had ben set off since I last armed the car. So I had look around car all seemed fine. Got home and armed the car and it did that noise like when you havent shut a door...
  8. M

Why do people in certain cars always want to race?

Always been the same since I started driving. Of course my first car was a 1.6 corsa GSI so you expect the paxo's to always try it on. Next I moved to the EP3 and discovered reliability and a new found street cred (this was when the car was alot newer), but still the saxo's and the corsa's...
  9. M

DIY valave clearence - found this guide is it okay?

I need to do this as I'm aware the car needs to be left to be completely cold and my problem is if I take it to a garage none of the good ones are that near and I work crazy hours and sometimes only have a day or two off each month so not happy about leaving the car plus I need it for the...
  10. M

Law on seatbelts - can I take them out if using harnesses?

Someone just said I shouldnt remove them due to the law. Does this inc back ones even if I have no rear bench? An if anyone has pics of a DC5 with harnesses so I can see how they are set up please post :xcheers:
  11. M

Harness set up and how to remove seat belts?

I just pulled out my front seats yesterday and put the rails onto corbeau buckets :green: Next step is harness. I can see where to put the side eyelet bolts (original lower seat belt mount + side of seat rail), but now I'm stuck. On the rear bench I can remove where the seat belts clip into...
  12. M

Honest advice needed on Carbon bonnet I've just bought -PICS

Hi guys, Well I sold my BC to ollie on here at the weekend as I wanted an OEM style. Anyway I bought an OEM style one that was used and sold as good condition almost as new apart from 2 line marks near the washer jets. The problem is on opening the bonnet I found it has light scuffing to the...
  13. M

Service time - Where to get a kit to do gearbox oil?

I went in halfrauds and they had a drain hose, but didnt look right and a typical halfrauds on a sunday - Rammed with people and no staff. So where is best to get a hose and something funnel like? What's everyone using?
  14. M

Corbeau's in a dc5 help?

The recent jap perfrmance mag and the fact I keep damaging my recaros made me think about getting some buckets. I've never had proper buckets before so I thought I'd go for a cheap set to see how I got on. I picked up a lovely red set (match the colour of the recaro's) Corbeau buckets for £80...
  15. M

Where can I get a 5zigen scoop? Or even a product like it?

Using drop in filter and would like to add a scoop to the airbox and keep hearing these are good, but can never find them for sale.
  16. M

EP3 lowering springs? Do they fit?

I have a set of ABP and before I book in for fast road set up and lowering thought I'd best check the springs I have will even fit?
  17. M

Cleaning the steering wheel

Noticed mines looking dirty :oops: from all the paintball days I keep driving with dirty hands (no where to clean them at site). Whats good for cleaning it and keeping it healthy? (thats the wheel not my hands)
  18. M

If you had to change from a DC5 to a cheaper car

What would you go for? I'm in this situation and really worried as I don't want to sell but I have to sell even though I love the car and I'm very happy with it. Budget around 5-6k So far I've looked at DC2 (jdm), but thinking it would be nice to try out a rear wheel drive turbo so looked...
  19. M

Carbing front strut brace - Where can I buy?

I managed to snap one of the oem brace bolts so looking to get the carbing as due to the way it mounts it would solve my problem. Where can I buy? I've Pm'd about the one for sale on here, but I think I may be too late :( so where can I buy new? Cheers
  20. M

ETD fitting with brace?

I have a cussco front brace and the oem black one. I just got a engine dampner, but I can see I can't fit the plate due to the brace's. Should I remove the oem one as I have the cussco, or just give up on the idea?