Search results

1. N

Part number needed

Does any know the OEM part number for the front wheel bearing on the DC5 Type R. Thanks.
  2. N

Wheel Bearing

I am aware that wheel bearings does not last forever and will wear and tear according to its usage. Just wondering, for those of you have had their wheel bearings changed on a DC5, how many miles did put on the car before the wheel bearing becomes faulty (under normal driving conditions). What...
  3. N

Polyurethane Bushings

Has anyone already replaced the bushings for the DC5 (i.e. front and rear arms, sway bars, gear box mount, etc...) with the polyurethane bushings type. I am sure that the bushings on the DC5 will need replacing with age or mileage. I have heard it will be harder than OEM ones. At the same...
  4. N

Heavy braking!!!

I was wonder how I could make the DC5 more stable under high speed braking. I recently experienced the car twitching at the rear and the rear was very unstable. Managed to bring the car under control with some footwork skills on the brake pedals. Is there anything that would reduce such...
  5. N

GAB Coilover and Bilstein

Was wondering if anyone had any feedback on them. They seem to be both reputable companies in their home countries. I am think of getting them at decent prices as well. Any comments or feedbacks appreciated. Cheers.
  6. N

Bearing/Crank/Flywheel Enquiry

How do you know if the wheel bearings have gone. Lately, I noticed that at 60 mph and over, the cabin noise gets quite loud compared to before. It is like a buzzing sound (don't really know how to describe it) And at lower speed, it seems fine. So I am worried that is the wheel bearings that...
  7. N

Coilover and Road Noise!

I have recently fitted some coilovers on the DC5. I was wondering if you guys have experienced this. I have noticed that there is more road noise comig the interior cabin than we using the OEM suspension, especially when on the motorway. Is this normal or is it just me? However, in town...
  8. N

Yeah or Neah?

I am thinking of putting the "Type R" Front Lettering on the front grille of the pre-facelift DC5. Seems that the facelift ones have the bagde on the grill which looks good and I like it. I understand that the pre-facelift grill looks different to facelift one. Was wondering if you guys had...
  9. N

Feel's 4-2-1 Manifold

Does any one on here have ever used a Feel's 4-2-1 manifold? Was wondering how the build quality was (power gains)? Just wondering because thinking of getting one? Any feedback would be great. Thanks
  10. N

New Coilovers

Finally, had the chance to install new coilovers. I went with Ohlins because I have had heard only good things about them. They are sure not the cheapest but suits my need perfectly. I just wanted some coilovers which were not to harsh and compromising the ride quality. Let everyone else has...
  11. N

Rear Lower Tie Bar

I am thinking of fitting one of this, possibly a Spoon one. For those of you who have this fitted which ever make, can you tell me if you feel any difference to the handling of the car. Does it affect the ride quality asssuming it tightens the rear. Should I keep the money and forget this ...
  12. N

Weight of 18" Alloy: Is this heavy?

I was wondering what you guys think of the weight. The size is 18" weighing at 7.83 kg (17.22lbs) without the tyre. Is this consider light or can I find lighter ones. The wheels that I am considering is made by SSR.
  13. N

Guidance in removing rear interior plastic panels

I was wondering if you guys can help me with a detailed description in removing the rear interior panels. The reason for asking is because i would like to get to the rear suspension. I don't want to start doing things and breaking or damage the rear interior panels. I see some clips as well...
  14. N

Ohlins PVC suspension settings?

I have recently bought the Ohlins PVC setup for the DC5. I was wondering what sort of settings you guys are running on the Ohlins. Specifically, how many clicks for the front and rear. I am looking for something which is not too firm and not too soft. A setting that is in between the two...
  15. N

Mixing and Matching Different Coilovers

I know this might be an odd question. But what are your thoughts on mixing different brand of coilovers. Or if you guys have had a direct experience with this issue. I was offered a pair of Ohlins coilovers for the front and a pair of Tein Mono Flex Coilovers for the rear. The reason being...
  16. N

Part Number Request

Was wondering if you guys can help me out. I am trying to find the part number for the following items: 1) Right and Left Headlights 2) Handbrake Lever 3) Driving Belt (To the left of the engine, not the chain one) 4) Tensioner to the Driving Belt Sorry for being awkward about items 3 and 4...
  17. N

Project Mu Discs and Pads?

My DC5 will require a change in the discs and pads very soon. So I was thinking of changing to Project Mu ones. They do make exact fitment for the DC5 using the existing Brembo brakes. I have heard alot about these, especially in the States. Wondering if anyone here is using them and could...
  18. N

Parcel Shelf Rattles!

Lately, I have been noticing that the parcel shelf rattles a lot and find it annoying at times especially when the radio is turned off. I have had a look and made sure that everything is secure properly and screws tighten down. Everything seems to be fine. I was wondering if you guys have the...
  19. N

Handbrake Query?

Lately, I feel the handbrake lever is not 100% especially the release button. So I was wondering if you guys can check for me if the handbrake lever is completely depressed (unused) how far in does the release button pushes in and how far in does the release button pushes in when the handbrake...
  20. N

Clutch master cylinder problem

Just changed the clutch master cylinder (I think it is the correct term) on the DC5, it simply packed up one day returning from work and the clutch pedal had no resistance what so ever. I think is a common source of problem for the DC5. Not major though because the part doesn't cost much but...