Search results

1. Hancock

Where does this go?

It runs along with th radiator fan switch
  2. Hancock

Spring rates?

Thinking of changing the springs on my ohlins coilovers. I had them re-valved but unsure of the spring rates as they are second hand and don't have the original springs. The front springs are swift 140 if that means anything to anyone? The problem is when i soften up the front end i get...
  3. Hancock

Dixcel Zpad + Mintex F4 review

I used both pads with dixcel slotted disc and standed rear disc + pad. Z pad Very good stopping power you need to be running semi slicks with these to get best out of them on track as even good quality road tyre such as the f'1's were really struggling for traction under hard braking. When...
  4. Hancock

Problems selecting 3rd

At cadwell park on monday i was finding it difficult downshifting from 4th to 3rd. Have no problems on the first couple of laps but the more laps i was doing the harder it was to select 3rd. This is only on downshift and no crunching/grinding just simply didn't want to go in. Driving the car...
  5. Hancock

Nurburgring in may

I'm finally going to nurburgring at end of may 28th-31st, never been before. Possibly heading over to spa on the monday :D Anyone else going that weekend? Also looking at some breakdown cover any recommendations?
  6. Hancock

Dunlop DZ03G

Was looking at silverstones but i'm a bit put off after some of the problems people having. So next on list is the dz03g's, these are now cheaper then the r888's and a048's. Do they last longer then the r888? Want them for ring next month R888 £189 a048 £199 DZ03G £155 There the...
  7. Hancock

silverstone type rr

Anyone using these? I'm thinking of getting a set in a medium compound just wanted peoples opinions, mainly on how long they last. Silverstones are a bit cheaper then 888's and yokos which are nearly £800 from camskill now :shock: no way i'm paying them prices
  8. Hancock

Slicks?

I know a guy who can get me michelin slicks at £25 a tyre in 20 62 17's. Will i get away with running these on a 7j x 17 wheel?
  9. Hancock

ohlins refurb?

Im just about to buy some second hand ohlins coilovers, which are from japan. I spoke to a guy from http://www.aurok.com/ who says that with them coming from japan they will be set up differently to the ones which are manufactured in uk as our roads are alot harsher. He recommended that i...
  10. Hancock

team dynamics 1.2?

I'm going to buy a set of these possibly 7 x 17 et45, is this the right off set and width? Also where's the cheapest place to get these? :)
  11. Hancock

cadwell 15th march + vid

just been looking at cadwell park on the 15th march, its open pitlane and only £99. Anyone fancy this? only concern is the weather, hopefully it won't be snowing in march. http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/cadwell_park.htm i'm open to other trackdays but would like to get one in...
  12. Hancock

my a pillar builds

Finally got round to sorting out my tweeters. I used black vinyl instead of grey as i struggled to find a close match. Forgot the alarm sensors are grey #-o .
  13. Hancock

jdm password bonnet dampers

does anyone know where i can buy these from?
  14. Hancock

exhaust baffles gone whats it worth

yesterday i noticed all the wadding hanging out the back box :o and as a result any one within a mile radius can hear me driving about :oops: Its a kakimoto 96-r system would it be worth anything or can it be repaired? the trouble is im not sure if its the back box, or the mid section as well
  15. Hancock

poly bushes arb's etc???

I'm getting some coilovers fitted in the near future and looking for advice on any additional things that could be done to help improve the car on trackdays apart from the driver :xlol: my technical knowledge on cars is limited but have been recommended to upgrade the poly bushes, which ones...
  16. Hancock

Which harness + how to fit?

i want a 4 point harness, it will be used for trackdays only and in standard recaro's, ideally quick release type so i can remove it easily, and no more then £100. Im tempted to buy the sabelt one, any recomendations to which one. Also the car doesn't have roll cage so i was going to use the...
  17. Hancock

bc racing damper options??

im looking for some decent cheapish coilovers for trackdays, ive heard good things about bc racing is anyone else using these? i am looking at "rm series" which have the inverted dampers, can you get these for dc5?
  18. Hancock

back from snetterton trackday 10th oct

Did a trackday at snetterton for first time yesterday, went down with a mate from the mlr forum, was a bit unsure about doing this especially with 700+hp time attack cars flying around practicing for sunday :evil: in the end it was a great day and i enjoyed the track much more then i thought...
  19. Hancock

geometry derby?

Does anyone know somewhere decent i can take my car not too far away from derby. ETS is near me would they be ok
  20. Hancock

oulton park 6th nov

Anyone up for this its £169 open pitlane fosters circuit