Search results

1. R

Engine Build

my neighbour bought a "rebuilt" DC5 box for his ep3, from DMF via ebay and after several promised delivery's, they finally sent it. Once it arrived it had to go straight back as it wouldn't turn by hand and also it wouldn't go into reverse either as the selector was bent :? steer well clear...
  2. R

CPL Racing - Kpro

just to add, the k-pro from CPL will NOT have a map on it. They will charge £350 for a mapping session, so you would need to factor in that cost, unless you were to tune it yourself of course ;)
  3. R

Servicing my Dc5 advice

Standard spark plugs from Honda will be just fine, unless your car is highly modified and for oil, I would recommend Fuchs Titan Pro S (formerly Silkolene Pro S) I'd also look to get a Hamp oil filter (ebay or Unit 8/8 speed for that)...
  4. R

M7 Japan exhaust?

Has anyone got one of these on their DC5? I've only juust noticed that they list an exhaust for the DC5 and at a good price too. Having a gander around their site, it would seem they're quite a serious, up and coming, tuning brand. maybe thats why they're prices are cheap...
  5. R

What wheel what size advice please

stick to 17's if want to keep the handling. 18's can ruin it from what i've heard. I'd go for a black wheel with the red detailing such as the Rota Force http://rarerims.co.uk/alloys_sub2.asp?id=27 or even the Rota GT3's with the red center. Would look great on a black teggy :twisted...
  6. R

Other Tyres

Sidewall construction plays a massive part in the way a car handles. Bridgestone's Potenza range all have relatively stiff sidewalls which helps when turning into a corner and also stability. A soft sidewall will reduce feel, grip and also will make the car have almost a jelly like feel at...
  7. R

Tyres

the goodyears don't have a stiff enough sidewall to work well on the DC5 imo. The RE-070's have and although absolutely outstanding in the dry, they are also very good in the wet too. I've driven mine through torrential rain at motorway speeds and not once have I aqua-plained. The only...
  8. R

RE070 pressures.

Lee, I run 34psi (front) and 33psi (rear) and after trying various combo's, i've found this to be the best for me overal :xcheers:
  9. R

brake master cylinder stopper

it's a deal mate!! :lol:
  10. R

brake master cylinder stopper

Lee, I'll buy one your "Hayes Engineering" stoppers when ones available mate :D
  11. R

oem bushes

super pro do the full set for around £120 or ESMM do a set for around £100. Both these will cater for the front and rear bushes. :xcheers:
  12. R

Innovative front mount

Are these a worthy upgrade? It seems now that a mount has gone and i'm most likelly going to upgrade to the Innovative "red" mount kit but the front mount doesnt come in the kit and is seperate. Has anyone got these and can offer any feed back as such on these? Regards, Rob
  13. R

another quick question

depends how disciplined you are. keep it below 5k and dont use WOT until its mapped and your car will be fine :xcheers:
  14. R

Gruppe m filter

the proper K&N filter for the Gruppe M is a bespoke item and can only be bought from Gruppe M in japan, as far as I am aware and they ain't cheap either. A good clean or two should see the element looking like new again, they're tough cookies and don't have a million mile warrenty for nothing :)
  15. R

Integra Type R - Best Motoring International video

Just found this video on Youtube and thought i'd share it on here :xcheers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0787SXFlBg&feature=fvw
  16. R

DC5 @ BTCC running with VTEC disable??

iirc, variable valve timing/lift is banned anyway under the regulations. advances in suspension design and numerous other things will see the newer developed cars have the advantages over the DC5
  17. R

Urgent Help Required *Video* ***Update***

will do Lee, you in all week? not working away at all? Cpoh, just gently cleaned the plugs with a wire brush mate :D
  18. R

Urgent Help Required *Video* ***Update***

Just thought i'd update people with the outcome of the problem my car had. I had the valve clearances checked as a precaution, and also to eliminate from my enquieries so-to-speak, and when we took the coil packs out, we noticed a lot of soot around the bottom of one of them, were it fits onto...
  19. R

What to do with my day at unit8/8speed?....

i'd get a hotel booked in manchester, as its only about 30 mins away and i'll put a tenner on it that theres a lot more to do and see in manc city center on a friday night!! :twisted: :D
  20. R

HELPPPP i cant find a good replacement for the dc5

loving the Honda Jizz!! :D my vote would go to a Honda Accord Type R, like this one http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1868338.htm