Search results

1. P

Lost 30hp 6k+ rpm

have you checked the exhaust cam gear to see if it has moved slightly
  2. P

Possible diff and clutch??

what suspention setup has it got. coilovers?
  3. P

Help me justify £4.5k engine build

im running 450s and mine is built and more than enough :xcheers:
  4. P

Another New Moderator

congrats mike :xcheers:
  5. P

Solid Fabrications custom header.

I have seen Alan's work up close and the welds are very good in my view (and of those that have seen it) - don't think it's good form to comment on the back of Chris' fairly poor photos to be honest. :xtsk: I'm a professional welder and just because a weld looks pretty on the surface doesn't...
  6. P

Solid Fabrications custom header.

the welds dont look too clever was it purged when welding it ?
  7. P

cam pulleys

I'm using skunk 2 stage 2 version 3s
  8. P

cam pulleys

yeah that would be good to hear how it was what mods have you got. cheers for info guys
  9. P

cam pulleys

yeah its a hard choice with so many tuners out there ](*,) preferably someone nearer me if possable
  10. P

cam pulleys

Thinking of RDT ?? Would really fancy mase to map it but will be a long drive and long wait until he comes back over Who would you go with ??
  11. P

cam pulleys

Yeah there upto version 3 now. And already have kpro etc Can't wait to get the car back :-)
  12. P

cam pulleys

I'm using skunk 2 stg2 cams and compression of 12.5.1 was wanting to keep vtc so was just thinking the exhaust cam
  13. P

cam pulleys

are they worth installing on a built engine noticed some just fit the exhaust pulley and not the intake????
  14. P

EP3-DC5 Rear discs and pads???

They are different dc5 ones have a bigger offset
  15. P

does anyone use magnatec 10-40w ?

thats just semi synthetic not fully synthetic thats needed
  16. P

Engine Build

Thanks for the number mate but this is already getting built now should have it back in a few weeks hopefully :D
  17. P

dc5 lsd VS spoon lsd

what are the pros and cons of both lsd's :xconfused: recently put a spoon one in my girlfriends ctr and think its awesome compared to standard also would quaife be worthwhile cheers
  18. P

Engine Build

yeah heard to stay clear of them aswell :-k heard u can just change the spring in the oil pump is this true or would i need a new pump
  19. P

Engine Build

Yeah obviously just saying never had a problem with them in the past Heard good and bad reports about dmf aswell
  20. P

Engine Build

I have contacted Tdi about my rebuild but they have not been bothered to get back to me after several emails, I've just spoke to Nbe bout build and going to get back to me tomorrow To be fair xo mapped my lasses ctr about 40k ago and been spot on and has since had supercharger fitted and...