Search results

1. TypeGRRR

Thanks Adrian Flux/Sky - Falling Premium

After hearing about all the doom and gloom about rising premiums, I didn't hold much hope for savings come my renewal. But after ringing around a little, Adrian Flux offered me a great price, which Sky matched, so I'm now left with a stonking price with a Sky customer service (which is great)...
  2. TypeGRRR

'How to' replace Recaro seat bolster (guide)

I replaced my drivers seat bolster today, I was going to swap the driver and passenger seats around too, but ran into difficulties. I have put this guide together to help out other owners. Please note as I took both seats out, some pictures are in fact of passenger side, so please excuse me if...
  3. TypeGRRR

Replacing bolster and swapping seats URGENT HELP NEEDED!

I'm hoping to tackle my seats tomorrow, I've looked through previous threads and have found most of the info I need, but still have a few questions. 1. My intention is to swap the drivers seat with the passenger seat, is there anything I need to know, any problems that I'll encounter? 2. As...
  4. TypeGRRR

TypeGRRR vs "The - MPG vs DC5 thread"

Well after seeing DaveC's epic MPG thread, achieving an astonishing 43 MPG. I thought I'd have a little go. Wednesday 11th Feb Norwich to Work - 70 miles Work to Home - 12 miles Thursday 12th February Home to Work - 12 miles Work to Home - 12 miles Friday 13th February Home to Work -12 miles...
  5. TypeGRRR

Some very different videos on YouTube...

Found these two videos on YouTube, one is very painful to watch, the other quite the opposite! 8) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=283bTXLJPEM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMnTeuGJmjk
  6. TypeGRRR

Help/Advice please, repairing paint/decal to brembo brakes

I've been planning to repair my calipers for some time, as the lacquer has started to fall off and they're going a bit matte and pinky. I have of course found this thread http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6608 which ideal for my needs, HOWEVER... I thought I could get away with...
  7. TypeGRRR

Fantastic quote from Sky! £445 off last years premium...

I paid £975 last year with A-Plan and when I recently received my renewal through it had come down to £917 with the same insurer. They also offered another quotation if I switched insurers, the cost... £797. I wasn't really satisfied with my renewal options so I sent 5 emails out last...
  8. TypeGRRR

HELP - What exhaust have I just won (ebay)?

Advertised as a Spoon N1, though now I'm not so sure the tail piece looks too big... Can anyone confirm, before I get suckered...
  9. TypeGRRR

Tuning for £££'s not ££££'s

My car is completely stock, however I've now had it for a little while, I'm getting sudden urges... :roll: :oops: I haven't really got the money to start spending 2-3K on it. But what would you recommend up to 1k? At the moment I'm only interested in straight line speed, rather than stopping...
  10. TypeGRRR

Handbrake Problems (Button Problem)

Has anybody experienced problems before with their handbrake button? When the handbrake is on and I try to release it, the button doesn't always go in and gets stuck on, I have to keep pressing it repeatedly and it eventually goes in and releases... There's lots of hills where I am and at the...
  11. TypeGRRR

Annoying rattle...

Yes, I've done a search but people seem to be coming up with numerous possibilities and in the hope I can explain the problem fuller, I hope to get to the root of the problem straight away... I get a rattling noise as the revs pass up through 2,500 rpm and on the way back down again, and will...
  12. TypeGRRR

How many owners has your DC5-R had since imported? (CIBTN's)

My second installment of CIBTN's or "Chris is bored thread nights" As the subject describes. I'm the first owner since import. :) How about yours?
  13. TypeGRRR

What is the average yearly mileage of a DC5-R (CIBTN's)

The first in my set of CIBTN's or "Chris is bored thread nights" Divide the total mileage covered by your car by it's age. ie. Early 2002 car (02) covered 42,000 miles = 42000 divided by 6 years = 7,000 miles per annum... Now take my boring yet informative poll! :lol:
  14. TypeGRRR

Rang around for insurance today and was pleasantly surprised

Before purchasing a car and before I happily stumbled across this site, I rang around a bit for a insurance quotation to see what sort of running costs were involved. My best quote was from Adrian Flux of £1067 which in truth I was more than happy with. However armed with a list of insurance...
  15. TypeGRRR

Best budget tyre

With my integra now sorted, I will need to replaced all 4 tyres when it reaches the UK. I usually do not skimp on tyres, however I simply have not got the money to spend on the best tyre. Can anybody recommend a half decent budget tyre, I'm looking to spend up to £65 (before fitting) per...
  16. TypeGRRR

Hello everybody, had a chat with Andy from 200bhpcars today!

I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks now, paying particular attention to the sales section. As I've been looking here, there, and everywhere for my ideal spec car. Though after a month of looking, I've given up and given Andy from 200bhpcars a call. I've laid down my deposit and hope...