Search results

1. S

4000k idling problem!

would it be worth resetting the ecu, as usually icv is on an open loop circuit? I dunno but might be worth a try for the sake of disconnecting the battery for 15 mins. I've seen this to work on other cars particularly when the icv has been removed from the tb
  2. S

NCT fail

I dislike the dam thing..... At least you didn't fail on something that would require a retest fee. Thats what they usually do. They fail off cars willy nilly over here to keep their statistics in check. Its really annoying but theirs nothing really you can do. I've had situations where i have...
  3. S

Static shocks

It can often be the choice of footwear used. Any sort of nylon soles can be painful as they can gather quiet a strong charge from the mats during driving. I used to suffer a lot from this but I usually wear Dc shoes and they seem to be good.Just my two cents/pence......
  4. S

spoon/mugen ecu info wanted

they should have different part numbers id say. Anything over standard (RPM) and you are exceeding manufacturers settings. Due to the nature of the component it would be unwise not to change them as the price of the springs would not outweigh the price of a repair should the oem fail. One ecu...
  5. S

spoon/mugen ecu info wanted

My link some info for you!
  6. S

Who is your DC5 insured with in Ireland?

Yes Quinn. I got a quote of Britton for €1038. A pretty high quote considering last year I could get a gtir insured for €450. My head is minced at the moment
  7. S

Ah were hanging in thanks :) Yep will definitely be ringing around this year.(Were down to one Honda car but she will always crave another :) ) haha Last few times I didn't think I really had an option with Quinn ruling the roost
  8. S

Bryn, You probably know me. Well to see anyways. (Im Jb's other half) I Remember your old dc2 sweet example it was. Anyways to the point. I've been With Quinn for the last four years with the dc5. it started at 800 odd euro and went to 1320 last year. comp (no accidents, points...
  9. S

What To Look Out For When Buying A DC5?

I Didnt think the DC5 type S had HID lights as standard
  10. S

VTEC problem!!

Holy sh!t. With that amount of excess oil in the engine I wouldn't be surprised if it has damaged its seals :(
  11. S

Ireland - Quinn Direct - 02 DC5

I'm insured with Quinn direct on my 2002 Dc5 type R. I'm 33 next month with 12 years no claims bonus. My premium last July was €1283. I think this is excessive but just goes to show Quinn up. They really know how to milk it!
  12. S

Drivers side central locking motor

REF: 02 DC2 type R. Recently my drivers door fails to open or shut when I activate either my alarm, or press the toggle switch for locking the doors. Is this a common problem for dc5's?. (the passenger door and the boot work fine) Im looking for a motor but i'm finding one hard to source. Any...
  13. S

DC5 type R Brake master cylinder

Hello everybody. Im new to this site and from Ireland. I have my 2002 registered dc5 since November 2007(so not too long). Today I noticed that there was fluid leaking down the brake assist servo and on the chassis. So I recon the Master cylinder is on the way out.and I think its probably a...