Search results

1. G

Being young and owning a DC5?

I got my first one when 19 and now on my 3rd aged 23 lol, on a trade policy though so wouldnt know about insurance.
  2. G

Replacing bolster and swapping seats URGENT HELP NEEDED!

Just found this thread via search and have a question. I know if swapping the seats the plug underneath affects the light on the dash, my question is with it unplugged after the swap does the light on the dash light up all the time, or does it not light at all? Thanks
  3. G

Crazy idea?

Absoultely horrendous lol Catch yourself on mate! Too fast too furious was 1998.
  4. G

DC5 Price question

Obviously a little slow on the uptake arent we.....The reason I asked you 'who are hpi' is because you said this: You ever tried phoning a database? Its pretty impossible! :xlol: You cant get in contact with either 'hpi' or the 'dvla' to get additional details, how hard is this for you to...
  5. G

DC5 Price question

I understand who hpi are. My point is that he will be wasting his time contacting them as they wont tell him anything other than whats mentioned on the hpi check itself, the same goes for the DVLA.
  6. G

DC5 Price question

Who are hpi? Contacting either the DVLA or doing an HPI check will tell you the date the insurance company declared the car cat c and also the date it passed its VIC check. It will tell you nothing else.
  7. G

DC5 Price question

Not neccessarily true! When an insurance company declares a car Cat C they usually destroy the V5 completely and you have to apply for another when the car has passed its VIC check. If your car is Cat C it defintely happened in this country after the car was imported and SVA'd. I brought a...
  8. G

Shifter Bushings

no one?
  9. G

Pistonhead Classifieds - are these member cars?

I owned the first one, there is a thread up on here on it. it was me who fitted all the mods listed, and yes I did run it with those mods for a year with no Kpro and it ran perfectly, it wasnt running lean at all. Some of you boys need to learn a thing or two before opening your gobs [-X
  10. G

Shifter Bushings

Ok guys, I have excess travel between gear changes and its starting to feel a little 'loose', I am sure this is becasue the oem shifter bushings are worn. am I right in thinking that there are two rubber bushings directly under the gear stick and then there are also cable bushing below the air...
  11. G

Haven't seen another DC5 since i have the car!

In the town I live in, in Northern Ireland there are four knocking about (including my new 'rare' silver!) Northern Ireland is full of them to be honest, always a few at shows and I see different ones around Belfast reguarly. I recently bought an E46 M3 as well and since owning it I havent met...
  12. G

Damaged Eibach Pro Street S Coilover bought from 200BHP

lol, dont even go there as you dont have a leg to stand on! Maybe see this as a lesson learned to check goods properly and have them fitted/tested as soon as you buy them? If I was Andy I wouldnt take them back either....your problem Im afraid after 5 months.
  13. G

HID Problem

It may be the ballast itself, to check it you will need to take the bumper off, you can then try the ballast that isnt working on the opposite side to check if its it causing the problem, when the bumper is off you can check all the connections too. A ballast is expensive to replace, £200 from...
  14. G

how white is champ white

The limited edition S2k is Grand Prix White :green:
  15. G

Anybody know any history of Blue DC5 HX04 DWZ?

Sounds like the door has had paint I wouldnt worry about the saloon details, there is often a breakdown in communication when the DVLA use japanese documents to register a car on their system they have never heard of.
  16. G

damaged dc5 helpage please!!!!

:xlol: Who is he trying to fool saying the engine gets damaged when pulling the car, he must have some imagination. I wouldnt touch it. I imported my DC5 myself and put it through ESVA, if you dont have the original de-registartion document for the car to apply for ESVA then you have no hope...
  17. G

The End of The Model Report? A New Begining in Jap Imports!

Excellent news, Im sure its a breath of fresh air for yourselves as all that model report nonsense is such a nightmare to adhere to. :)
  18. G

Pong of exhaust????

Why is there so many daft replies in this thread talking about under car sealant and plastic bags? :roll: Its common and completely normal to get this smell when the cat is removed, I have experienced it many times in a few different cars with the cat taken out, so nothing to worry about...
  19. G

Crashed my DC today :( in Glencoe

Who has recommended changing the whole rack? Start with the leg first and if it fixes it then problem solved, I think they may be thinking of the £ signs.
  20. G

Front Bumper Lip

Which dealer quoted £400 for a front lip? I can get a brand new one from my Honda garage for £225. The whole front bumper including the lip is over £400, are you sure you didnt get a price for that? I just waited until a bumper came up on ebay and bought the whole thing for £100...