Search results

1. G

Shifter Bushings

Ok guys, I have excess travel between gear changes and its starting to feel a little 'loose', I am sure this is becasue the oem shifter bushings are worn. am I right in thinking that there are two rubber bushings directly under the gear stick and then there are also cable bushing below the air...
  2. G

HID Ballast unit

Just wondering has anyone bought a ballast pack from anywhere apart from Honda? They are £220 new from Honda :| I have been looking for one for a while, there are none up for sale 2nd hand, and I have tried integrastella a few times with no reply and there are none on ebay. Anyone know...
  3. G

Help needed: Small engine part

Hi guys Anyone know the exact name of the part that I have circled in the photo below, you cant see it clearly at all, but the two pipes with the arrows connects to it, one that goes to the intake mani and the other to the side of the induction hose. The part is connected to the engine block...
  4. G

Running Rich?

Ok I hope some people can advise me here. My DC5 is fully stock apart from a buddyclub 4-2-1 manifold and toda cat back exhaust. Now when I give it vtec there is a strong after smell of petrol. I presume this means I am running very rich now with my exhaust set up, and possibly losing power...
  5. G

What type of manifold is this?

Can anyone tell by looking at the photo exactly who makes this manifold? Thanks
  6. G

English translation of de-registration document

Hi all Would anyone have a copy of an english translation of their de-registration document? I have the original japanese version although I believe you need an english translation to use when registering the car at the tax office. If anyone has one I could use it as a template to make out...
  7. G

Model Reports Direct (Low tax band report)

Hi guys Im at the stage where I need to hire a model report for my DC5 and from reading on here it seems that modelreports.com only supply the model report with the higher tax band (£400 per year as they confirmed on the phone) while modelreportsdirect.com supply the lower tax band model...
  8. G

Digital Speedo Concerns

Right guys here is the story Last week I ordered a electronic speedo converter from www.japaneseautospares.com, it listed an 'electronic' converter for the DC5 so I happily bought it. It arrived this week, but the fitting instructions have a picture of a DC2 on it and it says I have to locate...
  9. G

Preparing for ESVA test

Hi guys, I have my totally standard DC5 which was privately imported and I am in the process of preparing it for ESVA. I know this has been discussed before but I have a few things I am unsure about and hope a few of you can answer my questions 8) ok first of all from searching and reading...
  10. G

Breakers pricing- Fair?

Hi all just thought I would share these prices with you to see if you think they are reasonable for 2nd hand parts. Company called Auto salvage who are the only people in Northern Ireland to break DC5's have quoted me the following prices- £250 for a sub frame £550 for a front bumper...
  11. G

Driving an unregistered car home?

Hi all, hopefully someone can help me with this, possibily andy from 200bhpcars. I am interested in a dc5 on the mainland and the seller tells me that it has just been imported with duty and fee's paid but has not been registered yet. Now, I am in Northern Ireland and if I fly over to see the...
  12. G

Insurance for 20 year old

Ok guys, I am new around here and I know this has been done to the death, but..... I can see from reading this insurance section that a few of you guys have managed to insure a DC5 aged 20. Now there havent been any threads lately with recommendations for young drivers so any help would be...