Search results

1. TDi-North

Brembo brakes

We are looking for a pair to recondition and use on the racer. Give us a call tomorrow and will sort something out with you ;)
  2. TDi-North

M2 inlet manifold no idle problem

Just finished on the dyno and trying to go through over 70 missed calls now but only 3 actual messages left. I've tried calling the garage but no answer. Guessing they have hung themselves and hard as it is for me to call another mechanic and tell them how to do their job I have done all I can...
  3. TDi-North

When's best for mapping?

Always better to have a "working" gearbox before it goes on the dyno. ;)
  4. TDi-North

JRSC TDI North

Thats our southern branch.I tend to steer people towards their website for pricing as they are able to keep things updated more often than we could. The charger they have is excluding VAT and is just the charger. Its also quite possibly the EP3 kit and they haven't realised yet as well. Give...
  5. TDi-North

Dyno Charts!!

The dip after peak is due to reversion pulses back up the manifold. If you look at some well designed systems there is a section made that reduces the diameter then opens back up. You will find that the more research that has gone into the design the less the dip.... But then your going to have...
  6. TDi-North

Lost 30hp 6k+ rpm

Short of posting the calibrations I can't see what more can be shown with regard specifics ?? 238 on a hub Dyno.... Add say 10% and your not far off what we saw when the car came in. Bear in mind also the dotted plot (before) was with the car cold. Solid line is very hot and at the end of re...
  7. TDi-North

Dyno Charts!!

Vtec changeover is obvious. You do the low cam composite and high cam then overlay them. It's where the high cam starts to make more power than the low cam. There is no way anybody sitting in a bedroom thousands of miles away can tell you optimum vtec points or what best cam angles or ignition...
  8. TDi-North

Lost 30hp 6k+ rpm

Was comparing the curves I got and even though its on a hub dyno you can see the similarity with what we saw with the shape of the curves. I was going to wait for Luke to post this but I have been badgered by Clockwise the last few days to post something to stop the rumours going around that...
  9. TDi-North

Dyno Charts!!

It made 212 at wheels.
  10. TDi-North

CAMs for Stock Valve Train/Compression

We are putting together some brand new K24 fully forged bottom end packages with top quality componants which will be about £2500+vat using your K20A bottom end in px. We can then use some of the parts we need including the squirters and having the block machined to accept them. Options on cams...
  11. TDi-North

Lost 30hp 6k+ rpm

It's all in the TDi North stickers. :lol: 5bhp per small one, 20 for a sunstrip. ;)
  12. TDi-North

Lost 30hp 6k+ rpm

Will let Luke post up before and afters and his thoughts. Car breaks traction from 3500rpm on low cam now and pulls all the way. Could do with a better intake pipe as the Samco one is collapsing as I have seen on a few cars and could probably benefit from a higher flow exhaust. Made 280bhp at...
  13. TDi-North

Lost 30hp 6k+ rpm

Fixed it. :) Good seeing you today and you know where to come if you need anymore help ;)
  14. TDi-North

273 HP N/A with stock internals- TDI North Powertuning

Just start your run at 20 then check the datalog to get the exact times from the 30 up. ;) Simon - yeah you deffo know race fuel when you smell it. Its totally different from normal unleaded stuff. Not sure what the additive is but its very oxygen rich and is a sweet sickly exhaust smell.
  15. TDi-North

Its sold at the pumps as just 100 octain out there but it doesn't smell like the high octain pump fuels we get in the UK. Certainly exhaust odour is like Q16. We use enough of it to know what that smells like. :twisted:
  16. TDi-North

I did wonder about the cams and without opening the covers up I checked against other cars I had previously mapped and the cam angles and fuel curve shapes tied up with that of JDM cams and not something like Toda, IPS, Skunk or BC. Only way to tell 100% is to have a good look when the...
  17. TDi-North

Different dynos always read slightly different. So ultimately it's irrelevant. It's how the cars drive end of day but yet to see a high compression engine in the UK run a high octain fuel to compare with this. If someone is willing to supply the Q16 needed to do a full tuning session I will be...
  18. TDi-North

:lol: I was going to say. Had calculator out while on dyno and was making around 180ftlb in English money so was comparable with some of the higher powered car we see in the UK normally with cams. Robs would be a good comparison a that's running A3s and an RRC. That car is savage!
  19. TDi-North

Worked out well for all concerned I think ;)
  20. TDi-North

:lol: Won't be seeing power like yours again in the UK unless they robbed a bank and can afford Q16!