Search results

1. T

Goodyear F1 GSD3's Vs Goodyear F1 Asymmetric's?

GOD DAMN IT! They weren't there a week or so ago in that profile when I was looking for new tyres. I hung on for ages as well... as long as I legally and safely could!!! ;-p
  2. T

Goodyear F1 GSD3's Vs Goodyear F1 Asymmetric's?

Are the Asymmetrics available in 215/45/17 yet though? Could only find them in 225/45/17 which are not a great profile for the DC5, due to tram-lining. Ended up going for a set of 215/45/17 Falken FK452's... and am well chuffed with them. Great tyres. Asymmetrics will be my next set for sure...
  3. T

Where Can I Buy SSR Alloy Wheels From?!?

Thanks mate. Appreciate that. Will let you know how I get on. Rang Tokyo Express... I would be looking at around £380 for ONE SSR 17" alloy wheel on it's own. OUCH! So may have to go down the repair route.
  4. T

Bladdy Hell... that was quick mate! Magic! Any ideas about alloy wheel repair? Getting rid of a mild rim lip buckle?
  5. T

Hi Guys!!! I have a set of Bronze SSR alloy wheels on my DC5 already in 17". All are in mint condition... apart from one of them has developed a slight buckle on the outer rim lip. I thought about having it repaired... but not too sure where and how quick I can have this done... So I think a...
  6. T

Have i made a boo boo?

I have Tein Flex coilovers on mine mate. I really like them. They are quite harsh and stiff... but I am used to them now and wouldn't revert back to standard dampers again!
  7. T

My car sold.

I hope the guy coming for your car isn't actually paying with a cheque - as you stated in your initial post on this thread... if he is then you are braver than I am!
  8. T

HKS Coilovers

Hmmm. You NORMALLY have to send them off to the manufacturer to have this done... this is what you have to do with the Tein equivalents I believe.
  9. T

HKS Coilovers

Ahh. I can't give a good opinion on those ones mate as I have never used them before. I have used the HKS Hyper-D coilovers in the past on an RX7 I used to own. They were very well made. Quite a good ride (not soft, but not as hard as Tein). Seemed to be easy to work with, maintain and were...
  10. T

HKS Coilovers

What model of HKS coilovers are they mate?
  11. T

the ultimate DC5 servicing thread? input needed

Other filters such as fuel, pollen, etc... I would just use Honda OEM. I would also recommend using Spoon (or another brand) magnetic sump plugs (engine and transmission). And always use a high quality transmission oil. Gets rid of the notorious DC5 gearbox clunky and awkward changing -...
  12. T

the ultimate DC5 servicing thread? input needed

Hi mate. I always use HAMP engine oil filters. Millers oils and HKS spark plugs for the DC5. The HKS spark plugs have a very long service time interval and also help with engine performance. I get almost all of my parts off of eBay.
  13. T

Weird Dash buzzing/vibration

I have the same god damned metallic rattle. Sounds kind of tinny/metallic and seems as though it has got to be behind the dash somewhere. Wrecks my head! My K-Pro VTEC cross over point is 5000rpm... and it really kicks in around 5500rpm. This rattle only occurs bang on and around 5000rpm mark...
  14. T

New DC5, new exhaust :D

To be honest... when combining any CAT back with the OEM 4-2 and OEM 2-1 CAT sections... the noise and droning levels won't be too bad. When combining the chosen exhaust with an aftermarket 4-2, 2-1 or 4-1 exhaust manifold sections is when the noise levels of the exhausts are really given to...
  15. T

New DC5, new exhaust :D

Mugen twin loop cat-back is nice and probably fits your requirements in terms of noise. Can normally pick them up on here second hand.
  16. T

MOT: CO2 @ 6.152(max. 0.300)...yikes!!!

Hi mate. I do not have the bolts/nuts/fixings for the OEM 4-2 section as I used them on the installation of my Spoon 4-2 section. The OEM section I have is mint... no stuck or seized fixings... and I even have all of the DC5 heat-shields for the OEM 4-2, 2-1 sections and drive-shaft that I...
  17. T

Alright!! From Milton Keynes

Try: - A-Plan and... Sky Insurance companies. Most companies don't even recognize the existence of the DC5... they only have the DC2 on their system. Hope that helps.
  18. T

MOT: CO2 @ 6.152(max. 0.300)...yikes!!!

I still have an OEM 4-2 DC5 exhaust manifold section that I could sell if interested?
  19. T

Sensors and more

What kind of a reply is that? No need. Your attitude stinks. I thought I would give him a WELL educated guess. Just because someone hasn't seen something before... doesn't mean you can't figure out what it is, what it does and how it works. Or is that just left to us engineers? Better than no...
  20. T

Sensors and more

In all honesty, have never seen one of those mate. But an "educated" guess would lead me to believe that it is simply a timer... or more of a mileage reminder. An after-market installation, not factory fitted and not performance related. I would say that the first light is either clutch or...