Search results

1. G Man

SR51 KVA - anyone here own my old car?

As topic title.
  2. G Man

Audi A4 Avant Naviwaxed!

Finally got round to using my Naviwax at the weekend, I don't have a car worthy of it at the moment so instead I applied it to a mates A4. Some pics below, it was easy to apply and buff off, only downside for me is the smell! We'll see how durable it is over the next few months. I'm waiting...
  3. G Man

Metal tab on Brembo brake pad

My new discs and pads arrived today :xgrin: Two of the Brembo pads have a metal tab on them and I'm not sure if these pads have to go in a certain way. Front or back of the disk, facing the ground or towards the spring etc. The illustrations in the instructions which came with the pads don't...
  4. G Man

Front drop links by Blueprint

O/S drop link is making a right racket on the car, so I think its best to replace both. Should I give these a go - http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3360b23239 or bite the bullet and buy from Dave @ Steels? I see others have used EP3 drop links although they are slightly shorter - would this be...
  5. G Man

Anyone in central Scotland able to give me a hand out?

There is a noise coming from the engine bay when driving and I can't for the life of me figure out what is causing it, it has been getting worse over the last few weeks. Anyone in central Scotland with experience of noisy heat shields, engine mounts, etc. able to give me a hand hunting down...
  6. G Man

Help - Changing Alternator

Hi Guys, I need to change the alternator on the car this weekend. Anyone done this before that could give me a few pointers? It looks like the best route in is to remove the power steering pump, is this correct or is there a better way? If I do need to remove the power steering pump are...
  7. G Man

Heat shield fell off today

So the heat shield that covers the cat fell off today, well it more of sheared off. On the way off I'm guessing it's given the lamda sensor wire a good tug as the engine management light is now, to be expected, I'll flash the code later. Also on now is the battery light which I thought was...
  8. G Man

Porthos, how much of this do you want brought back? haha

Prices are in dollars. Can't believe how much cheaper it is over here, going to stock up.
  9. G Man

RSX the same fitment as DC5

Lads, I'm working in the states just now and thought it would be good to get a few bits while I'm over. Are lowering springs and adjustable camber arms for an RSX the same fitment as a DC5? Cheers
  10. G Man

Car failed its MOT today

Boo! 001 Nearside front Brake pipe excessively corroded [3.6.B.2c] **DANGEROUS** 002 Offside front Brake pipe excessively corroded [3.6.B.2c] **DANGEROUS** 003 Nearside rear (going into flexi) Brake pipe excessively corroded [3.6.b.2c] 004 Offside rear (going into flexi) Brake pipe...
  11. G Man

where does this random piece of carpet go?

Whilst cleaning out my boot I came across this bit of carpet in the spare wheel well. Anyone know what it is and if it attaches to anything? Judging by the holes it looks like it goes somewhere but it wasn't attached to anything when I found it. Cheers
  12. G Man

Engine managment light on

Engine management light came on last night and then went off around 20-30 mins later - I was on the route home. The light came on 5 mins after I filled up with vpower, dirty fuel? I presume the codes are saved so I should still be able to pull them off? I'll grab the OBD2 reader from the...
  13. G Man

Another owner in Scotland...

Hey folks, Not really new, been a member of the forum for a few years now, joined when I was at Uni. Never really took part as I didn't own a DC5, logged in more out of interest and for a browse - well that all changed on Saturday! Bought a CW DC5, 51 plate - pics to follow. Cheers, G