Search results

1. civic17_99

Toda Exhaust Rattle

My Toda exhaust has developed a bit of a rattle lately, More noticeable when the car is cold first thing. I'm sure I've seen posts in the past where people have had similar issues, has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it. I did contact Solid Fabrications to see if they could fix...
  2. civic17_99

Lower Control Arm Bush.

Just want to get some advice from anyone who's had to replace one of these before. I can either go for a lower arm as you can't buy the OEM bush on it's own which is going to cost me £450 from Honda, this is also on back order from Honda and they have no idea when they will be getting them. I...
  3. civic17_99

Meguiars metal polish

My engine bay is pretty clean but after seeing someone else's on here i thought i would try and clean up some of the metal parts. After reading about the Meguiars metal polish i decided to buy some and have a go tonight. I used this in combination with a light scotch pad. I still have more to do...
  4. civic17_99

Toda Racing Exhaust

Just wondered if anyone has one of these cat back systems, if so how loud is it compared to OEM. I have been looking into buying one just wanted to know whats it's like as i feel my stock DC5 is a little quiet at the moment and i'm looking into giving it a little more sound.
  5. civic17_99

TGM Sport

Once again, Big thanks to Tom and his team at TGM who replaced my clutch today for me. The car feels perfect now it's been done, very happy with it. Top class service and advice as always.
  6. civic17_99

Tried some Meguiars Plast X today.

I decided that my wind deflectors were looking very tired and cloudy and lost all shine. So i thought i'd give meguiars Plast X a try. Didnt take long to apply, i worked it in with a small buffing pad attatched to a drill. After cleaning the car and masking a few bits up i gave it a go. I'l...
  7. civic17_99

FaceLift Red DC5

Just stumbled on this, I cant say i have seen one of these in my whole time i've owned my dc5 and i definetly didnt see one while i was looking. Thought i was lucky to find my red one. http://motoring.friday-ad.co.uk/Adref/S ... etails.asp
  8. civic17_99

Tracking settings

Hi guys i have done a bit of searching on the forum and just want to check that the ones i found below are the OEM settings for the DC5. I am getting the tracking checked at the weekend as i have 2 front tyres which are worn on the inside but one more than the other. As the car is lowered Tom at...
  9. civic17_99

Thanks TGM

Big thanks once again to Tom and everyone at TGM who sorted my brakes on Saturday. They feel so much better now, were a great help when choosing my new parts for my brakes. For anyone who hasnt been to TGM then you really should.
  10. civic17_99

Drilled Disks

I'm after some Drilled disks for the front of my DC5, unfortunatly Spoon Sports have stopped making them for the DC5 and i cant find any Brembo ones either. Can anyone reccomend any decent drilled disks. I would rather not buy some dodgey ones of Ebay if i can help it. Cheers Guys
  11. civic17_99

Windscreen advice needed

Gone out to the car this morning to find the Teg has a 3-4 inch crack along the screen running from the edge. I live in essex, can anyone reccomend the best company to get this fixed, or should i just ring AutoGlass? Any help would be greatly apreciated.
  12. civic17_99

Brakes

Just wondered if anybody has used Ferodo DS2000 Pads before on there DC5. If so how did you find them. Cheers Guys
  13. civic17_99

TGM

They have just had my car for the last couple of days for its 25k service and i can say i'm very impressed with there work and the advice offered. Anyone who hasnt used them before really should. :D Big thankyou to Tom and his team at TGM.
  14. civic17_99

Gear Box Oil

My DC5 is due for its 25k service soon so i'm trying to get some bits together for the service. Is there a specific gearbox oil i need to ask for when i go into Honda? I did use the search function but it didnt overly help. If any one can help me out that would be great. :)
  15. civic17_99

Mileage Conversion.

I have used the search function but i couldnt find the thread i was looking for. I spotted a thread on here once which showed 2 different ways of working out the mileage of a DC5. If anyone can help or can post a link to the thread i'd really appreciate it. :)
  16. civic17_99

Ice Installers in Braintree/Colchester

Hi, i know there are a few In Car audio places in these areas was just wondering if anyone could reccomend a good one.
  17. civic17_99

Does anyone know where i can get one of these sub enclosures

I saw this on the site a while back and i would like a sub box just like this so i still have my boot free to put stuff in. Does anyone know anywhere that sells them, or anywhere in essex that supplys/fits them.
  18. civic17_99

Need some advice

Just wondering if anyone knows about this car or has been to view it. Also does anyone know anything about the company. Just looking for some info because a friend is interested in it. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1015851.htm This is the company http://www.exclusivemotorsyorkshire.co. ...
  19. civic17_99

Tracking Help

I am getting my tyres replaced at the end of the week and thought i would get the tracking done while i am at it. Can anyone tell me what the standard tracking settings are. I have spoon springs fitted so i dont know if that has any effect on the standard settings.
  20. civic17_99

New Tyres

The front factory Potenza RE040's are coming to the end of there life now and i've been looking on the forum and cant seem to make my mind up as everyone has mixed opinions. I have been looking at the Yokohama AVS Sport, Bridgestone RE050 A, and the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric or the GSD3 XL...