Search results

1. O

Supercharging - Cost and best location

Ahh, that explains that, thank you, much appreciated. It is a lot of money. I'm sure loads of people say this, but if I were to go ahead, it really is the last mod. Like my original post said, I haven't modded it for a good 3 years. Luckily I already have a dc sports manifold and 3" exhaust...
  2. O

more than likely the buy-in ready one (plus i do not know what you mean by JR (lol) So far it look like the average price is around 5k fitted with injectors and excluding a remap.
  3. O

Hey every, Its been around 3 years since i really thought about tweaking the dc5, so i am well out of date unfortunately. im looking into supercharging, but when i last looked, the only real places to take it were TDI North, TDI south. CPL seem to have risen in peoples books now though (who are...
  4. O

Can you test if your exhaust silencers/back box baffles have collapsed?

Ok i will try those things, thanks for the replies. Yes i still have the DC sports mani and will check the flexi. Although if that had collapsed, wouldn't i have noticed a big performance drop?
  5. O

Can you test if your exhaust silencers/back box baffles have collapsed?

I know this questions seems a little strange, but after a good drive the other day, i swore i heard a something rattle out of my exhaust. Even since, i swear the exhaust is now quieter. Now i' no expert by any means, but if something broke silencer wise, wouldn't it sound louder? Performance...
  6. O

porthos

porthos
  7. O

Rear Calipers

Ok sounds like a good plan and great advice, thank you. Is there anyway to tell if the caliper is dead?
  8. O

Rear Calipers

Hey everyone, So car barely got through the MOT with the handbrake, and i get that the general consensus is that our handbrakes are not the best. However, my offside rear wheel barely holds, the mechanic suspects the caliper needs replacing. Any thoughts?
  9. O

Just bizarre symptoms

Yeah sigma cat1 (can't remember the model name) that works fine and goes off with the sonics. Locks the drivers side door and. Closes the windows. Everything except the interior light on the door setting seems to be working. But that's more frustrating lol
  10. O

Just bizarre symptoms

these things didn't happen straight away after the shock change, (although i do have big manly hands..... lol) it literally happened over night. So what is the MCU? Intermittent wiper blade setting isnt working either, so that meets all they symptoms of the other post by Erm UPDATE...
  11. O

Just bizarre symptoms

Hey everyone, Thanks to a previous post and all your help, i managed to get my rear shock replaced for a failed MOT. However i now have an odd set of symptoms that has been covered in another post created by "Erm" Symptoms include: interior light not coming on when the doors are open , but can...
  12. O

central locking help please

Hey, Im having similar symptoms to what you have said, handbrake light is on the whole time, central locking has failed and wont lock the boot or passenger door, interior light wont work on middle setting but does turn on. Is it really down to the fusebox? Kinda got a big problem, with the...
  13. O

Failed its M.O.T for the first time :(

Will do Mark, ill phone TGM and find out who it was. Kahn, thank you for your offer, but it has been done now unfortunately, otherwise i would have grabbed that off you.
  14. O

Hey Mark, thanks for your reply. They are brand new, so your right, they may settle down. Not sure how it feel set as i only drove it back home, need to reassemble the interior and get it back to be re tested. Time will tell. Do you by the off chance know the gents name at TGM, is it Andy?
  15. O

Thanks to the most helpful guy I've every met but to my absolute shame didn't get his name at TGM. He suggested getting the civic ep3 type r rear shocks, as they will fit with a 2mm spacer either side. So this is what I have done. It has however raised the rear end by 5 - 10mm. Will this change...
  16. O

Type R dan, where are you. Contact details please! (tried searching but cant find his name, got a type r daddy?)
  17. O

Hey guys, thank you so much for your quick reply. Second hand is unfortunately the only option at the moment, from a quick search, intergastella is near me so i think thats the best bet. A pair would be a better option. thanks again guys
  18. O

As the title, my epic Dc5 has failed its MOT for the first time, and because of that, i am lost on where to get parts from. Main thing i am concerned about is where to source a standard offside rear shock absorber. Also apparently one of the head lights are out of alignment (i've only done...
  19. O

Connecting an old Kpro to the New Honda data

Thanks for the help guys. The car seems to be driving fine. Will updating the driver (which Im assuming is like firmware) be wise? Will I then need to download the map again? Or should I just leave it?
  20. O

Connecting an old Kpro to the New Honda data

thanks for your reply i'm not sure if the map is protected, do you mean locked? because it didn't say to update any driver software on the ECU? can i ask it to do that?