Search results

1. O

Supercharging - Cost and best location

Hey every, Its been around 3 years since i really thought about tweaking the dc5, so i am well out of date unfortunately. im looking into supercharging, but when i last looked, the only real places to take it were TDI North, TDI south. CPL seem to have risen in peoples books now though (who are...
  2. O

Can you test if your exhaust silencers/back box baffles have collapsed?

I know this questions seems a little strange, but after a good drive the other day, i swore i heard a something rattle out of my exhaust. Even since, i swear the exhaust is now quieter. Now i' no expert by any means, but if something broke silencer wise, wouldn't it sound louder? Performance...
  3. O

Rear Calipers

Hey everyone, So car barely got through the MOT with the handbrake, and i get that the general consensus is that our handbrakes are not the best. However, my offside rear wheel barely holds, the mechanic suspects the caliper needs replacing. Any thoughts?
  4. O

Just bizarre symptoms

Hey everyone, Thanks to a previous post and all your help, i managed to get my rear shock replaced for a failed MOT. However i now have an odd set of symptoms that has been covered in another post created by "Erm" Symptoms include: interior light not coming on when the doors are open , but can...
  5. O

Failed its M.O.T for the first time :(

As the title, my epic Dc5 has failed its MOT for the first time, and because of that, i am lost on where to get parts from. Main thing i am concerned about is where to source a standard offside rear shock absorber. Also apparently one of the head lights are out of alignment (i've only done...
  6. O

Connecting an old Kpro to the New Honda data

Hey Everyone, been a while since i posted, but as this is the best place for answers, i'm back to speak to the best. So basically i'm taking my car to place where i'm not overly sure if the car will be "tested" in a bit of a ragged way. I know it would be better to take it further a field ...
  7. O

Just can't figure out why the horn has failed

Hey guys, as the title suggests, I've tried most things to analyse this horn issue. It seems quite intermittent. I tested the horns with a twelve volt feed and they work. No fuses seem to be blown. Could it be the switch behind the centre if the steering wheel? Im not experienced enough to take...
  8. O

What a mistake to make exhaust wise!,

Ok, so was told my current exhaust was restricting my engine (izegan manifold back) and that it could be collapsed inside. It's been on there 10 years, so possible. So for some reason I thought I'd experiment with it , with the goal of having it tweaked kpro wise. Got the silencer/middle box...
  9. O

Difference in exhaust measurements (sad I know)

Somebody will probably know this. What is the difference in internal diametre between a dc sports manifold and a standard b pipe? Thanks for everyone's time
  10. O

Door window removal?

Hey guys. Want to remove my front windows this weekend. Any tips? Are they bolted in? Any help would be great as sort of commited now lol
  11. O

Strange noise coming off vtec

Just took the car out for the first time in a week. After a normal warm up and about an 8 mile drive, gave it a bit of beans. But after going into vtec, if I let off the power and let it "rev down" between 6 and 5k didn't sound that normal. More vibration and a different noise. Any ideas? Or am...
  12. O

Lets talk exhaust back pressure...

Hey guys, have always wondered this about high reving cars. I was always led to believe that if you put a massive exhaust on your car, it normally would sound good, but the lack of back pressure would result in loss of overall power. Is this true? and if so how does this work on our dc5's If you...
  13. O

Stupid, but will have damaged

so car was parked for about 4 hours after a 20 minute ride, my battery died. Was facing down a hill so just free wheeled and jumped it,but had to give it a lot of throttle to get it started and it reved quite high a couple of times. Now it was cold so will it have dVamaged it?
  14. O

Brake Discs

Hey guys, been doing some searches and other than my local Honda, where does anyone recommend to buy standard brake discs for reasonable money? Thanks for your help.
  15. O

Total long shot

So with out spanning this out lol i need to find out what the internal diameter of the dc sports manifold "flange" section near the end of of it (exhaust side) is lol!! Told you it was a long shot. any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone will know, it will be here. thanks again!
  16. O

Ok so i should know, but who is my bumper made by?

As above, i think someone mentioned who made it at some point but can't remember or find the post. Was a while ago any idea who its made by http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae30 ... bumper.jpg Any help or anwsers would be great as it is bugging me when people ask and i don't know lol!
  17. O

Haven't driven my car for 4 weeks and

as above and now the idle seems to have gone crazy on start up. its been odd before but turned it over today for the first time in 4 weeks for longer than a couple of minutes and revs were bouncing from 1 - to 2k until i gave it a few "rough" revs then it stabilised. Know the idle control unit...
  18. O

K&N filters, Its wet!

As the title says some d**k, well me. has managed to empty the entire content of my washer bottle over my two month old k&n filter and supprisingly .... its pretty wet. Now compared to the paper filter that i got with the aem system first, i know the K&N is "washable" but how long do i leave it...
  19. O

MOT time and the CAT has to go back on (Obviously)

Hey Guys, Lots of posts about exaust manifolds but just wondering how hard people rate taking off my current DC sport manifold and putting the original plus cat back on, and then reversing the process after the MOT? Now i'm not going to drive it other than on the day of the MOT, but how will...
  20. O

Idle control sensor (different symptoms)

Hey Guys, Know this has been covered but need a bit more information. Looking into what problems people have had to show that their idle control sensor is faulty, mine doesn't seem to do the same thing. When i turn the car on for the first time in the day, its absolutely fine, however, after...