Search results

1. -Woody-

Returning Member

Hi all, Owned a DC5 some 10 years ago! Always wanted another since the day I sold it and I may take the plunge and buy another soon so thought I‘d have a browse on the forum. Pleasantly surprised to see the forum still active but not so pleasant to see DC5s still holding their value after all...
  2. -Woody-

Primary O2 Sensors For £80

Think this would be the right place to put this.... Im aware that the OEM sensors are £150 from Honda. The Denso sensors may or may not be the ones used by Honda but its proven by other members including myself that these work. Exceed managed to source these exact ones but ive managed to find...
  3. -Woody-

B-e-a-utiful Nissan Silvia S15 Turbo

Thought i may share this with you guys as we all must have the same sort of taste! This is probably THE only car atm that i would consider changing my teg for but just dont have the gutts to do it. I know the seller from JPOC.co.uk http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 791wt_1139...
  4. -Woody-

What pads are these? Edit: Are Mintex better?

Ordered some standard Brembo pads from eBay ](*,) I found they didnt fit or look anything like the other pads on(Red Stuff). They look more like facelift pads but the box describes them as Honda Integra 02- Heres where i brought them; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT I...
  5. -Woody-

What to declare on insurance?

To what level would you need to declare mods? Judging by this quote of http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com i should declare EVERYTHING? Window tints, Do-luck filter, even if i had clear indicator blubs!?
  6. -Woody-

Poor Fuel Consumption

Couldnt find anything with search... Been driving like abit of granny, maybe the odd splash of vtec but 95% of the time dont go over 4k revs. Just worked out on MPG calculator that im only getting 22mpg. Im not expecting miracles but driving at a steady pace etc was expecting to get a little...
  7. -Woody-

Remaps

Just curious about these type of 'remaps'. Surely they cant be any good, they claim to be able to do the DC5 and have done two in the past. Would they be 'piggy back' type and any good? Seems a little cheap and tacky :-k [-( Ive asked for read outs of the ones they have done before and the...
  8. -Woody-

Horsepower loss over time

Had me dreading for some time about doing a dyno run - what if my car has lost BHP over time and im disapointed? After seeing exceed's dyno run, Top Gear episode with the old Ferrari's(?) and reading some online articles - obviously depending on servicing etc etc you lose on average 4bhp per...
  9. -Woody-

Top Gear Cool Wall - Please Vote :) Now on the COOL wall :D

Entered my DC5 onto the Top Gear Cool Wall for the opportunity to be Sub Zero and win prizes. Think i need 20+ votes to be on the UNCOOL wall, 80+ to be on the COOL wall and the person with most votes gets on the SUB ZERO wall to be the winner. Please vote for me :D Simply enter your name at...
  10. -Woody-

Aftermarket HID Kits

Yes, lights again :lol: I want to sort them once and for all! Think ive managed to seal the lights properly. I still have a light out due to the blown ballast. Rather than buying another OEM ballast i think it would be easier and cheaper to buy a aftermarket HID set to replace the crap OEM...
  11. -Woody-

Condensation in lights!

Starting to get very frustrated with my drivers side headlight. First headlight got condensation, kept drying it out and eventually it blew my ballast. Brought another light off a member on here, no previous condensation issue. After one wash it was ok, after the next its just as bad as my...
  12. -Woody-

Would these fit? What you think?

Did a quick search with no luck Evo alloys, 5 x 114, 8J and i think 35-40 offset. Figures check out i think - would they fit the DC5? OR Mazda RX8 alloys? Fitments are the same..
  13. -Woody-

HID Ballast Problem

HIDs not working, Ballast blown, Lights out (for those who search ;) ) My drivers side HID went out a few days ago. Noticed it blew the 20 fuse in the engine bay, changed that and it blew again. Checked the bulb - not sure what im suppose to be looking for on HIDs :lol: there are no signs of...
  14. -Woody-

OEM Exhaust Weight/Size

Quick searched revealed nothing. Im being kind of lazy, does anyone know the weight and measurements of the OEM exhaust? Thanks :)
  15. -Woody-

Omg Cats

Very funny! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q31XdlsC4D4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8ghFf79veo&NR=1
  16. -Woody-

Anyone had one of these?

Just wondered if anyone had one of these... http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/rockford-f ... -6215.html Could you tell me what the performance is like and if they are good value :P :shock:
  17. -Woody-

Wheel Hop

My teg suffers some serious wheel hop when accelerating from stand still in first. Had a quick search on here and couldnt find anything. From looking on google, found its mainly down to the engine mounts? If so, which ones, where, how much and are they easy to fit? Some info stolen from...
  18. -Woody-

Buzz noise from speedo between gear changes

Not sure if this is normal but between gear changes i get a buzz from the speedo as the needle drops. This only happens when changing gear while in vtec. Seems as though the needle makes a strange crank noise as it rapidly drops. Its definately coming from the needle/speedo itself or immediately...
  19. -Woody-

Cheap Brake Pads

Ive had a search and aware that good pads arent cheap! Problem is i have only just picked up the car and its left me kind of skint. Fronts need replacing so its best to replace the rears at the same time? I cant afford Mintex's, Ferodo DS2500's etc but i still dont want crap/standard pads. Am i...
  20. -Woody-

VRN not matching VIN number?

Hi Guys, Anyone ever experienced VIN(Vehicle Indentification/Chasis Number) not matching VRN(Vehicle Registration Number) ??? Looking at a car and the apart from a delay in the V5 which i hope is going to be sorted it all seems legit apart from the VIN matching the VRN. Done 2 seperate HPI...