Search results

1. G

MeisterR GT1 Coilovers - Opinion

How much travel front and rear? Important, as for instance Nitrons are very good, but short of travel for hill climbing.
  2. G

Post up your mileage of your DC5

'05 - 16,900 miles - really - full road spec, but mainly used for local hill climbs.
  3. G

Coilovers???

The critical thing is to get the ratio of bump to rebound travel right (for optimum handling and traction this is different front and rear) - the ride heights then take care of themselves. Obviously if you can adjust pre-load spearately from ride height, so much the better.
  4. G

£1300 for a cat is this real lmao !!!!!!

Or try Miltek who sell DMSB competition cats.
  5. G

how many silver dc5's

Silver facelift - doesn't show the dirt, and certainly is less noticeable. Photographs really well when competing.
  6. G

racing license

Go. Onto the MSA website, where you should see all the options. you will need to start with National B - for sprints and hill climbs a non race licence is all that is necessary. you can get upgrades by obtaining signatures as you complete an event. beware some club events have different classes...
  7. G

Inlet manifolds?? RBC? RRC?

The RRC gives better mid range gains. Cheapest way to buy is from your Honda dealer. Part number is H17100RRC000. You will need an adaptor (Karcepts) with an idle by pass cut out.
  8. G

3 inch exhaust cat back??

Aplogies - I was beguiled by yuor 980 bhp quote!!
  9. G

3 inch exhaust cat back??

Drag cars are turbo or s/c, so need totally different exhausts - this thread is about n/a. I have been surprised over the years by how much bigger diameters can be used - from ealry BMW F2 engines and later (but normally with a lumpy torque curve) - but undoubtedly they will need a perftectly...
  10. G

Ep3 KW suspension??

Spacers are washers are for rear damper lower bush which is slightly shorter than for DC5.
  11. G

Swapping out my Ohlins

Don't hit the end of the vthreaded section of the track rod ends, as it may well collapse across the split pin holes, even if the nut is flush, but use a heavy hammer on the steering arm to shock it loose.
  12. G

BC coilover , is it good ??

Nitrons have an excellent reputation, and as for most things in life, you get what you pay for. However they have one drawback, which is that they are short of travel on the front - total is only 79 mm, which is fine for smooth track work with stiff springs, but not for some other applications...
  13. G

Suspension Springs not turning smoothly (top mounts?)

99% sure that you only need parts 8 & 11 - I have certainly bought them separately, as I had to convert my coil overs back to the standard top mount, as solid top mounts are now banned in my class.
  14. G

Can someone clarify - fuel filter??

V useful - could this link be made a sticky?
  15. G

Oem set up

Don't forget that the tracking will need checking as it changes considerably if the camber is different.
  16. G

Buddyclub RBC or RRC?

I bought from the local dealer in Newbury, but am sure that David at Steeles should be able to help, and ordered the adaptor directly from Karcepts. Sorry but can't remember if TDI had to adapt it - am running standard TB as I need good mid range response for hill climbing.
  17. G

Buddyclub RBC or RRC?

Couple of points about the RRC - I bought mine directly through a very helpful UK main dealer at a sensible price - for the IACV, Karcepts in the States make a reasonably priced adaptor with a by pass machined into it. At a recent visit to TDI north, Paul did some further work on the map and the...
  18. G

Best way to go low.

If you go too low you will end up with a lack of bump travel, you will risk hitting the bump stops when cornering - then the handling turns to rubbish. This even applies to circuit work - amazing how badly saloon cars can handle if this happens - talking about seconds per lap.
  19. G

Do I sell my ohlins?

Which corresponds to a frequency of over 140 cpm which is well into the range for smooth tracks and slicks.