Search results

1. G

DC5 Life - Justin - Nitron

Have you fitted the Nitron suspension units yet - would be very interested in your feedback Regards
  2. G

Adjusting front camber - standard struts - Facelift model

I may be forced to use standard front suspension next year under new MSA rules. When the standard suspension was originally fitted I found that using camber bolts in the top position did not work as the back of the hub carrier casting hit the strut almost immediately - it looked as though there...
  3. G

Is there a fuse for the wipers/washers?

I have looked in the fusebox under the bonnet and can't see one - is it located elsewhere? Have tried the search function without any luck. Any help much appreciated - thanks.
  4. G

Removal of front bumper - how to do?

This does not seem to be covered in the DIY guides - any advice or links much appreciated.
  5. G

Will EP3 exhaust manifold and CAT fit the DC5

I am sure that this has been discussed before, but have failed to find it via search. I do not want to swap the OE, but to find out if manifolds intended for the EP3 will fit correctly. thanks
  6. G

Photograph of Standard Exhaust Manifold

Does anyone have one off the car for which they could post a photograph - all help much appreciated.
  7. G

Gearchange - centering springs

On the road I find the gearchange fine, but in the heat of the moment in competition I tend to go from 2nd to 5th more often than I would wish - driver error I admit. However I wonder whether slightly stiffer springs to bring the lever back into the centre (3rd & 4th) might help. Firstly where...
  8. G

Toda High Power Exhaust system

Does anyone have experience of the noise levels for this system and whether it drones on a motorway? Thanks
  9. G

Gas bonnet struts

It would seem that these are necessary if fitting a RBC inlet manifold. Any ideas on where they can be obtained?
  10. G

AEM ECU

Does anyone have experience of this system?
  11. G

Ohlins DFV or Bilstein PSS9

Has anyone experience of either of these coil over kits and if so what are the plus or minus points. Thanks
  12. G

Front camber change - bolt system

I did this yesterday, but found that the spigot on the casting at the back of the hub carrier, behind the top bolt, prevented me from getting much of a change - is this normal? My compromise was to change the lower bolt instead, but this only bgave me 1.30' rather than the target 2.00, so all...
  13. G

Banging and crashing on launch

Did my first hill climb event at the weekend in a 2005 car with less than 7,000 miles, and considertng that the tyres are gripless (seem to have gone off on the boat) I had an enjoyable outing. My plan is to stay standard for the rest of the season and then develop it over the winter. However...
  14. G

Exhaust system pipe diameter

I was surprised to find that the standard system is only 54mm o.d. Does anyone know what size the after market systems tend to be - I would expect 60 plus?
  15. G

Facelift rear suspension - small link up from top arm

Having finally got my DC5 I am waiting for the weekend to have a good look around it. But in the meantimeI have already noticed that on the rhs rear suspension, there is a small lever connecting the top arm to a chassis mounted lever. It looks like the sort of mechanism for self levelling...
  16. G

Facelift suspension changes

Sorry if this has been asked many times before, but I could not find the answer in a quick search. Many after market suspoension kits are described as pre facelift, which implies that there was a change. Can anyone explain what the difference is please? thanks in advance.
  17. G

Standard Cat - 400 or 200 cell?

Can anyone advise please?
  18. G

Suspension for Hill climbing - & good in wet

I am 90% certain that I will change my Clio Trophy for a DC5. I run the Clio in the Production Class in hill climbs; it handles very well and is ultra competitive in the wet, but is lacking on the power front, and even if I were to spend a lot on the engine, would still not have the same power...
  19. G

Adjustable dampers with standard springs

Do these exist - I have not seen anything in the Koni range.