Search results

1. ollydc5

FD 5.1 - Change the 6th gear???

Personally I wouldn‘t with a 5.1. Put one in my first dc5 and the difference was only marginal I ran a 5.4 some years ago and I wish I‘d of changed the 6th but I just put up with it, was only a pain on the motorway. In my current DC5 I‘ve just installed a 5.8 and have put an accord 6th in to...
  2. ollydc5

Japfest Silverstone, Sunday 3rd May 2020

Cheers Paul :-)
  3. ollydc5

Did anyone receive tickets or anything ? Presume they‘ll just arrive later on in the year once the date is set in stone Just thought I‘d check as I brought mine from another member
  4. ollydc5

Dc5 race prep

Very strange problem but when I was shopping some time ago for some aftermarket sway bars I spotted these coming up for sale in the uk. I looked a bit more into it and found there was a couple of Australian based companies developing more and more parts for hondas. Companies like whiteline and...
  5. ollydc5

Platted Diff

Will be looking to get my box out soon. If anyone is interested in a gearbox swap let me know I want to put an oem box back in mine, seems a waste to remove the parts when it‘s already built up :-( Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. ollydc5

Platted Diff

Evening What kind of power are you running ? We‘ve had loads of different combos over the years now. Have ran a 5.1, 5.4 and recently a 5.8 final drive. The 5.1 was ok but didn‘t really offer that much out on the circuit, we run the car up to 240bhp but just wanted more. So we swapped the...
  7. ollydc5

Have brought a ticket from another member. Should be a nice day out so can‘t wait to see you all there 👍 Will have no idea who you all are but I‘ll probably recognise some of the builds so ignore me if I‘m wondering around like a lost soul
  8. ollydc5

Mugen manifold and cat

One sensor goes in the cat and the other goes in the 2-1 middle section on the Mugen manifold 👍
  9. ollydc5

J's Racing Strut Bar Advice

I remember spraying one of these years ago, I used Ford 🙈 Granada gold from halfords as it was the closest at the time. Came up sweet
  10. ollydc5

Tein coilovers...?

here‘s my experience from the 10+ years I‘ve been messing about. My first DC5 and they had a set of Tein super street coilovers on and found them great. We‘re about 16 way adjustable dampers, compression and rebound. I used them on the track and road and had no problems at all. Like a fool I...
  11. ollydc5

Brake Bleed Nipples

I had a lot of trouble with the HEL stainless ones that you can buy :-( Didn‘t matter how tight I did them I couldn‘t stop it. When I checked them against the oem ones the taper was slightly different. I think between the taper and the material together just wasn‘t compatible, went back to the...
  12. ollydc5

Superpro Caster bushes

The pack usually has a template sheet with it :-)
  13. ollydc5

Could you get black Recaro's, in a blue DC5, that had blue stitching?

My Arctic Blue has black recaros with red stitching and I prefer it over the blue ones I had before that. Never seen any with blue stitching though
  14. ollydc5

Simply Japanese 2018

Awesome I‘ll get booked and paid and then confirm guys many thanks, not often I‘m down that way but looking forward to seeing you guys and some of the cars I read so much about 👍🏻
  15. ollydc5

Simply Japanese 2018

I‘m down with the family over this weekend so thought I‘d pop down and join you all if there is room ? How is everyone booking tickets through the site ?
  16. ollydc5

Donington Park Evening session 15th June

Just in case Indi I‘ll be going on the 27th June @ Donny for the evening with Javelin :-)
  17. ollydc5

Balls apparently I‘m at the food show that day :-(
  18. ollydc5

I‘m tempted now I‘m not the only one lol, will check dates later :-)
  19. ollydc5

Mugen Engine Mounts

The Mugen set of 3 is similar to the j‘s set I have which are approx 25-30% stiffer over the oem ones. The j‘s ones I‘m running along with a hardrace one on the rear are perfect there is no massive difference compared to Hasport etc, I say a set of 3 Mugen along side an oem rear would be great...
  20. ollydc5

Front Bumper Support Beam Measurements

I wanted to go down the j‘s type route but they just never came up for sale. I brought a Mugen one but hated the way it would sit on the oem bumper so I‘ve tried something different, doesn‘t sit as proud as it should. Shameful part is you have to cut a hole in the bumper :-( Sent from my...