Search results

1. T

Crazy final drives???

fitted the M factory 5.84 last year and it took sometime to adjust, most circuits you only use 4, 5 and 6th gear (starting in 2nd) 3rd for tight hairpins, purely for racing and the truly committed track day driver. the speed trough gears is unreal and the times I hit the limiter when first...
  2. T

Brake setup solely for track. Recommendations.

standard calipers, standard discs and get them grooved/machined, braided lines and some decent brake fluid. most of use Motul RBF 600 for track days and racing (Vtec challenge , Nippon etc). I use Ferodo DS2500 pads as the 3000 are very aggressive on the discs. we normally get 3 race weekends...
  3. T

Spoiler choice's and downforce??

I understand that any rear spoiler only comes into effect at 70+ mph, but they do look sweet
  4. T

weight loss

not very much, the front seats are the heaviest, but apart from that all the trim and rear seats does not weigh that much
  5. T

Part number..final Facelift edition gurney flap

Ha ha, seen one in the flesh si and it actually looked OK. Probably gives as much down force and less weight?
  6. T

Part number..final Facelift edition gurney flap

If anyone has this, the final editions of the facelift had a small gurney flap spoiler on the rear instead of the large wing. Thanks If there are any pics as well :)
  7. T

Hunting after car left sitting up.

yes could be,,, my mistake
  8. T

Hunting after car left sitting up.

or it could be the Map sensor....that is a common fault K20's
  9. T

Donington gp track day 15/10/12

yes I know what you mean about the looks, it was Andy from Vtec that said yours sounded a lot louder than mine...not to worry
  10. T

yes well done on your first track day jason, got the bug! by the way I had a black flag for noise pollution,, and i think they mixed me up with yours (ha ha)
  11. T

yes's good day, how slow was that Evo 8,,, :xvtec: shame about the noise limit and the black flags, went out again in the afternoon then the rain came, nice to meet Olly and Jason good driving as well :xrockout:
  12. T

Can someone clarify - fuel filter??

and it's the same as the EP3, mine was replaced in july as the filter had collapsed, so no fuel pressure
  13. T

ARC small problem - big headache!

Dotty, yes they suffer due to the vibrations and no rubber to absord it, mine split on the top of the box, but it was ann easy weld.
  14. T

Chris DC5 in the MLR sprint at castle combe on Sat

well good luck to Chris, i'm in Blackpool Saturday, is this on the circuit?
  15. T

Olly, Front are standard discs which have been grooved, ds2500 pads, braided hose, motul 600. Rear standard discs with Cosworth pads which last a bit longer, No problems at all
  16. T

racing license

yep, get the blue book, the pack has everything, book your ARDS test, pass your medical and the B Licence is yours. It has 2 parts a written test first and then some driving at a circuit were you should be able to have safe control of the car at reasonable speed (you don't need to set any lap...
  17. T

for pads the Ferodo DS2000 are Ok, also get some decent brake fluid, Motul 600 RBF
  18. T

OK booked this , need some practice at Donny (not been for over 4 years) for the weekend racing that follows, All comers VTEC Challenge!!
  19. T

Dc5 weight

Si, we have front and rear plastic windows, all air con removed, carbon front bonnet, all the inner doors stripped, toda exhaust throughout, inner arches at the front , washer bottle, all interior and lining etc. Planning to go for the carbon boot next. I have light wheels 71/2 x 17 sub 6kg. The...