Search results

1. V

Daily driving without a Cat

I'm about to get a spoon header and decat installed but I'm wondering about noise/smell etc ... it's a daily driver that doesn't get daily driven much ... What are peoples experiences with this? I'm no longer in Ireland incidentally ... me and teg moved over to Australia and the laws here are...
  2. V

5ZIGEN vs Gruppe M

So, I have 5ZIGEN knocking around that I never installed ... I'm getting a kpro/tune in a few weeks and was about to purchase a gruppe m. I'm just wondering is there a notable difference between the two of them? Also, I was wondering is possible (or even remotely worthwhile) to install the...
  3. V

Bored with the teg, what next?

Well, I think it's finally happened. I'm bored with my teg! Even after a few upgrades it feels horribly underpowered. The exhilaration has just worn off 3yrs down the road. But I'm kinda stumped as to what to look out for next. Part of going honda was the fact that you don't end up having to...
  4. V

Need a DC5 fly windows ASAP!

Some cunt tried to rob my car lastnight and broke my fly window in the process. I need one asap if I can't pick one up in Dublin today. Can anyone help me out ?
  5. V

Lend of a standard ECU?

I'm going to get KPRO'd up shortly but I need to take my ECU out and give it to these guys in Dublin, so they can post it out to the UK and have the board soldered on. Because my car is a daily driver I can't afford to be without it for a few days, so is there any remote possibility someone has...
  6. V

What additional strut braces?

If I work on the basis that the OEM braces are going to be fine for fast road use, I'd prefer to add more rigidity to areas that are lacking before upgrading the OEM ones. I know there's a bar you can get that goes along the top of the passanger seats and there's also two for the underneath of...
  7. V

Carbon fiber bonnet?

What type of weight saving are you looking at by replacing the bonnet with a carbon fiber one? Is it a worthwhile upgrade or do you really need to be thinking about throwing out the air con etc if you're starting to get serious about it?
  8. V

Bad loss of power in 2nd + 3rd when cold

When I start up in the morning and I'm changing from 1st - 2nd and 2nd - 3rd (all under 2.5k rpms) I get a really bad 'bite' of loss of power. It feels like a real 'push back' by the car. It's an odd feeling. It doesn't happen when the car is warmed up but it's very noticable. I'm due an...
  9. V

Want to take my spoiler off

For some reason the spoiler is bugging the hell out of me and I'd love to take it off. I've seen a few threads here regarding its usefulness and weather it serves any real purpose at all, other than astethics. There's a complete mix answers but doesn't anyone have a definitive one? I rather...
  10. V

Need new side indicators - who's the best person to talk to?

Someone decided they didn't like the aestethics of mine lastnight and decided to remove them (badly!) with a screwdriver. They also cut the cables to the connector, right at the root, so I could patch the wiring. Proper cunts! There's someone here who works for Honda, I could probably get the...
  11. V

Who has the most miles on their teg?

I just realised on the way home I've nearly done 15k in my car and I only have it 8 months! There's still only 89k on an '02 plate but how are the rest of yous faring? Anyone with ridiculous milage?
  12. V

Anyone know what type/size bolts I need?

Yep when I was fitting my spoon lowering rails, which I'm taking off now due to height disability issues, I managed to loose the original bolts :xrealangry: that connect the oem seat bracket to the rails. I can't seem to find the correct size/type I need. Anyone got an idea? Without the...
  13. V

Fitting spoon lowering rails. What am I doing wrong!?

Can someone throw their eye at this and let me know if I need some sort of converter piece? The pic-011 is pretty much where I am. The oem 'seat support rails' (in the pic) that look like they're holding up the seat are normally screwed into the seat with those '8' screws. These then align up...
  14. V

Safety of those after market seat rails?

I decided to pop in spoon seat rails (half way through passenger side) and couldn't help notice that they require a hell of a lot less bolts/screws. The actual rails only use 4 bolts, whereas the oem ones used twice that, I think. Then there's seats that actually sit onto the rails with a total...
  15. V

Confirming the C/W paint code?

It's NH0, right? I'm gonna pop down to Halfrods and pick up a small squirter to sort out some car park battle scars and stone work !
  16. V

Irish people, who you insured with?

...because I'm getting a ridiculous quote of 1700 from allianz and quinn don't want to know me. I should state I'm in my 30's with a full license 15yrs and 3 ncb :)
  17. V

What's that sexy sound between 3.5 - 5k rpms?

I've noticed this 'nyom' type sound when I change gears in that rev band. It doesn't happen (or at least I can't hear it) in vtec. It only ever seems to happen after car has been driven for a while, let cool down a bit and then driven again. What the hell is it? It sounds great :) edit: my...
  18. V

Goodridge braided break lines?

I want to upgrade my break lines and have seen a couple of bad comments regarding this make ... are there many people using them with / without issue? I also noticed that TGM sells Mocul ones? I've had some problems trying to contact tom recently .... any ideas where I can pick up a set ...
  19. V

Window screen projector?

Was I imagining this ... I can vaguely remember seeing a car on TV with a projection of the speed the car was doing on the window screen? I don't know if this was some POC toy or what the story is ... I've googled plenty and found feck all. Anyone know?
  20. V

Roof racks? Any surfers out there?

Has anyone successfully put a roof rag on their teg to cary a surf board? I have a 7'10 board which I'm sure I can fit inside but wouldn't mind get a rack for. What brand did you go for?