Search results

1. G

Does anyone know this car?

Been a while since I have been on here, I sold my DC5 a couple of years ago. However my Impreza was unfortunately written off a couple of weeks ago through no fault of my own and I am thinking about an other DC5. This one has caught my eye...
  2. G

Heat Sheild Around Cat?

As above really, does the cat have a heat sheild around it? If it does I think mine is loose. There is something dangling in that area and rattling anyway. I have had a look at cats on ebay and one seems to have something round it while the other doesn't. I'll jack it up and have a proper...
  3. G

RSX & Type R bumpers

This has probably already been answered but I'm on my phone and can't search properly. With the exception of the splitter are RSX and Type R bumpers the same. If I bought a splitter for an RSX it would fit my bumper. Looking at pictures it would seem the answer is yes. Just want to be sure...
  4. G

Windscreen

I have a crack in my windscreen so obvoiously I need a new one. How tricky is this going to be going through the likes of AutoGlass. Are they going to turn up with a DC2 screen?
  5. G

After some thoughts on the below idea

Red rota GT3's in 17*7.5 et45 on champ white teg. I haven't seen this done before, have done a quick mock up on the rare rims website and think that it looks quite good. Can't save if from the site though. Just not sure if i would get fed up with it or not. Also being a dished wheel afraid...
  6. G

Suspension Problem

Tonight when I got home from work I noticed that the front drivers side of my car was sitting a good bit lower than the passenger side. The car is lowered on Eibach springs on standard shocks. I doubt very much that the springs are shot because they are only 16 months old. I'm guessing it...
  7. G

Acccessory Zone

www.xsrezone.com/ Anyone ever used them for parts? Was bored at work and stumbled across them online.
  8. G

Wheel width

Hi I'm sure I'm using the search wrong because this must have been answered before. What width are the standard wheels? I ask because I want to get rid of my 18's and i don't actually like the standard ones (sorry). There is a set of black Pro Race 1.2 team dynamics wheels for sale over on...
  9. G

Another Clutch Thread

Sorry for another clutch thread I know there have been a few on the go lately. Basically I just want some confirmation that this is fine for the DC5. I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OEM-EXEDY-HONDA-C ... 7C294%3A50 Seems to be a good price, maybe too good? Cheers
  10. G

Rear Pads

Couple of quick questions. I take it most Honda dealers will carry rear pads in stock? They started screaming today, have taken the wear indicators off just now because I couldn't put up with that noise for the rest of the week. I need to get them for the weekend because my mate is going to...
  11. G

Quick question on tyre size

I have searched but I can't seem to find a definitive answer so here goes. What is the recommended tyre size when running 18" wheels. I currently have 215/35 on mine but think this might not be correct. I'm thinking 215/40 is this more like it? Cheers
  12. G

Strut brace with AEM V2

I asked this over on type-r-owners but haven't got an answer so thought I would try hear as well. I have an AEM V2 on my car and wanted to fit a strut brace but I'm sure I read online somewhere that most strut braces won't fit over the V2. I've looked and can't see it being a problem, but I...
  13. G

Howdy!

Thought I should probably introduce myself as I've been lurking for a while and have started posting. I'm Grunty, I'm up in Aberdeenshire and I've got a 51 plate championship white DC5 (pics will follow). I've had it for almost 2 months now and love it. Before that I had a Diesel A3 TDI sport...